Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Power FC Install Tips?

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2004, 09:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power FC Install Tips?

I just picked up a Power FC (D-Jetro) and I was looking over the install diagram for the Intake Temp sensor and was wondering if this is where everyone installed it too. I would like to find another place to put it so I don't have to take off the intake manifold. Did anyone else install it in the intercooler pipe close to the throttle body?
Old May 17, 2004, 02:17 PM
Evolving Member

ic pipe close to the TB was where my friend put his
Old May 17, 2004, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just ordered a L-Jetro version and I am hoping its more of a "plug and play" box.
Old May 18, 2004, 01:33 AM

Ok,

If u are buying d- jectro then u are gonna have to have the inlet manifold off to install the temp sensor. It needs to go after the throttle body in the inlet manifold.

You will also need to tap the loom into the maf connection. I will dig out the wiring diagram.

You can keep you maf in place if u wish, these have shown not to be restrictive upto about 500hp.

Cheers,

Rich.
Old May 18, 2004, 06:56 AM

I went ahead and installed it in the Intake Manifold but I didn't take it off, I found an easier solution that might help someone else that has an air compressor.

I have a homade intake pressure tester that I use to check any leaks in the intercooler pipes, so all I did is hook it up to the turbo and connect my compressor hose to it, set the pressure to 15-20psi and started to drill the marked spot with a small drill bit. The compressed air in the intake manifold will blow the shavings out. I repeated this process two more times with drill bits a little larger than the one before until I finally drilled the hole with the correct size bit. This keeps the shavings on the small side just incase.

I got everything installed and she purrs like a kitten. I have pretty much tuned all the low load settings and I have to say I am quite surprised how well it drives now, no more bucking at parking lot speeds.
Old May 18, 2004, 07:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Where you located at, maybe you can help me? I still have a terrible idle problem and I'm not the best of tuners.
Old May 18, 2004, 07:24 AM

I'm located in Orlando.

I found that the fuel settings from Apexi are very rich. I am sure they do this so no one goes out and blows their car up. I tuned the idle to around 13.9-14.2 a/f's where at the factory settings the a/f's were 10.9-11.1. I still have stock injectors too.

Where do you have the temp sensor installed?

Last edited by Fas4dr; May 18, 2004 at 07:27 AM.