Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

MAP Sensor install?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2004, 07:38 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
There ya go..
Old Dec 6, 2004, 07:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MalibuJack
There ya go..
Malibu,

Mine works perfect now .
Old Dec 6, 2004, 10:32 PM
Evolving Member

thanks guys. btw, on the website, they don't have that sensor anymore. they changed it to a different one. does it matter? will the new one work?
Old Dec 7, 2004, 04:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by negativeB
thanks guys. btw, on the website, they don't have that sensor anymore. they changed it to a different one. does it matter? will the new one work?
Did you read what i posted. I gave you the part #'s i just ordered a week ago.
Old Dec 7, 2004, 04:20 AM
Evolving Member

Did you read what i posted. I gave you the part #'s i just ordered a week ago.
Yes I read it. This is what is on the website.
"The old 16040749 part number has changed to this 2nd design and will require using a new connector 15305891 when replacing the first design sensor with the new 2nd design map sensor" That isn't the same part number you posted.
So what else do I need to convert to MAP sensor?
Old Dec 7, 2004, 04:24 AM
EvoM Guru

This is not a CONVERSION to a map sensor, this only adds the ability to run closed loop boost and show boost pressures in your logs.
You can also use MAP as a load reference in your maps..

Just be aware this is NOT a speed density conversion..

With that said, you'll need a 4 pin square molex connector and a set of pins (its the same power connector on an ATX+12 power supply if you have a trashed one laying around)

You can get that part from www.mouser.com if you need the part number, there's a thread on that in this forum, or look in the UTEC docs towards the end of the doc there's a section that shows the part #'s for the pins and connectors you need.
Old Dec 7, 2004, 04:30 AM
Evolving Member

thanks for clarifying.
Old Dec 7, 2004, 04:35 AM
EvoM Guru

Yeah, TurboXS is working dilegently to get us a speed density conversion and some other cool stuff soon.. So having that map sensor is a worthwhile investment in time and effort.
Old Dec 7, 2004, 05:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MalibuJack
Yeah, TurboXS is working dilegently to get us a speed density conversion and some other cool stuff soon.. So having that map sensor is a worthwhile investment in time and effort.
Malibu,

How does the closed loop boost work out for you. I was going to activate this the other night but seen some high IDC's. I am putting in new injectors in today and trying it again tonight.
Old Dec 7, 2004, 05:19 AM
EvoM Guru

It works, it spikes a little but basically it sticks to your target pretty well.. If you set it to not spike as much, you end up hurting the boost response so its a bit of a compromise.. The one GREAT thing about it is when the weather changes, your boost doesn't go up or down by 1psi or more (Assuming the solenoid and ABC are adjusted so there's enough range of adjustment) the GM solenoid and closed loop boost works best, but sucks if you still use stock mode occasionally (I do occasionally to collect timing data for different weather, unfortunately I now get fuel cut in passthrough so I don't do it anymore)
Old Dec 7, 2004, 10:13 AM
Evolving Member

I haven't had a minute to read the whole post over again, but I wanted to note to you guys that we do have TXS Map sensors available now. Actually Malibu it's the same one that works with our DTEC. They are all calibrated before they leave our manufacturing facility and they also plug directly into the side of your EVO8 UTEC without the mad hunt for molex connectors. Using the MAP sensor as a load reference makes tuning a ton easier, you’ll have a more gradual sweet through load sites rather than the large jumps the map is notorious for doing. You can also assign a MAP based fuel cut instead of using the MAF frequency fuel cut for overboost conditions, I don’t know about you but it’s easier for me to assign a 22psi fuel cut rather than 1900hz. As probably most of this post refers to it allows you to use closed loop boost control which help you have very consistent boost levels in about all whether condition.

Retail - $119.00

Thanks,

Jermaine~
www.turboxs.com

Last edited by Imprezd; Dec 7, 2004 at 10:21 AM.
Old Dec 7, 2004, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by negativeB
thanks for clarifying.
GO with the TXS setup one, i went through hell to get my parts for mine. I drove to 3 radioschacks,waited for parts,etc..
Old Sep 13, 2007, 12:33 PM
Evolved Member

I have both an Evo and a S2000. On my S2000 the OEM map sensor is located on top of the intake manifold. I purchased an AEM 3.5bar map sensor and had it wired into the OEM map sensor wiring harness. I can switch back and forth between the two map sensors at any given point if so desired. The AEM map sensor has a threaded fitting on it, and I had a special piece fabricated which allowed the AEM map sensor to be screwed into it, and then it is attached to the intake manifold. Here are some pics:

I am new to the Evo scene and am trying to learn the differences between mod'n the two cars. Can I not do the same sort of setup on the Evo as I have on my S2000?

Last edited by 1QYK9; Sep 13, 2007 at 03:18 PM.