Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

US Instructions for Power FC D-Jetro

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2004, 02:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
US Instructions for Power FC D-Jetro

Anyone have the US Install Instructions? I have the unit and sensors but the instructions are in Jap. Mostly my question is the air temp sensor doesn't seem to have a harness plug, just wires. Guessing you tap into the maf plug since the stock maf sensor has the intake air temp sensor for it but what wires do I need to grab? MAP sensor plugs directly into the Power FC its self and all looks good.

Thanks in advance

Apexi doest display these on their website either.
Old Aug 26, 2004, 07:45 PM
Evolved Member

Yep you need to send the positive signal to the positive signal on the harness and the black one I believe just gets ground.
Old Aug 26, 2004, 07:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Guru
Yep you need to send the positive signal to the positive signal on the harness and the black one I believe just gets ground.
Thanks, I did pull up my car manual and looked at the sensor check on the ait sensor and you have to tap pin 6 and 7 so I got this taken care of but still no cigar on the car starting so I don't know what the deal is. I am kind of at a loss or words and in dissapointment right now.
Old Aug 28, 2004, 12:01 AM
Evolved Member

well i can take a pic of mine tomorrow...if it will help
Old Sep 1, 2004, 02:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ASTROEVO
well i can take a pic of mine tomorrow...if it will help
Yes take a pic please. Here is one of my issues. Basically when looking at the Ignition Timing / Fuel Test Correction menu with the maf plugged in I get Ignition degree readouts. If I unplug the MAF and plugin the AIT it get no Ignition degree readouts even if I change it. If the car is warm it will attempt to start with the MAF plugged in but after a few sputters it will not attempt again. With the car warm and the MAF unplugged it will never attempt to start at all, ever. Acts like a wire needs grounding from or to the MAF. Anyone anyideas? The MAP sensor is all good and reading and no Service Engine Soon Light what so ever comes on when you turn the key in either instance. Any help is appreciated.
Old Sep 1, 2004, 02:23 PM
Evolved Member

you have the d jetro right?....i will take pic in a few...
post it tonite
Old Sep 1, 2004, 02:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ASTROEVO
you have the d jetro right?....i will take pic in a few...
post it tonite

Yes D Jetro, do you have the commander with yours? If so check the Ignition Timing / Fuel Test Correction menu and see what it reads if you don't mind when you start it up. I really appreciate your help. Also what is the model number of yours. Just wondering.
Old Sep 1, 2004, 03:01 PM
Evolved Member

ok man....well i went and took pics of how mine is spliced in also...i took pics of my temporary mount to get rid of MAF....i am having a aluminum piece that will replace that made.....hope this helps
Old Sep 2, 2004, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

Well thanks for the pics but i had it hooked up right and still doesn't work. First I found out that I got sold a product for the Wrong car IE the evo7 now the POS doesn't even work! Basically I got took for 1100 bucks! O wait if you plug in the MAF it will try to start about 2 times if the car is warm then nothing, it isn't even suppost to need the maf unit! I was sold this product on this website is the bad thing! Its the last time I buy a used product.

Sorry just pissed off!
Old Sep 7, 2004, 08:22 AM
Evolved Member

Well if you buys something used it is what it is. YOu can not expect product support for used items. We are just trying to help. If you are near Detroit I'll be happy to install it for you.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dan,
This guy bought my old Power FC that you sold and installed for me. My receipt from your shop says that it's for an Evo VIII... GTVEVO claims that it's for an Evo 7, can you explain this to both of us, and why it works on my Evo 8 and not his? Everything is the same as it was when you sold it to me. Although the tune that was on the Power FC was currently for my car which is equipped with a GT35R, 770 injectors, Magnus SMIM, cam, etc, etc. I tried to explain to him that it would definitely need to be retuned. There is no way that it would just plug and play, and if someone thinks that you can just plug in a standalone (especially one that has been tuned for a highly modified car) is crazy.
Old Sep 15, 2004, 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thats funny no response?
Old Sep 24, 2004, 04:41 PM
Evolved Member

The reason it doesn't start is because you installed the air temp sensor wrong. It is a bit tricky to do the wiring on it to get it to work. If you are reading the sensors and the air temp is reading 5 volts than no it is not grounded. YOu have to ground the negative lead for it to work right. Also, make sure to reinitialize that ECU before you attempt to start it as it is setup for a completely different setup.
Old Sep 24, 2004, 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Guru
The reason it doesn't start is because you installed the air temp sensor wrong. It is a bit tricky to do the wiring on it to get it to work. If you are reading the sensors and the air temp is reading 5 volts than no it is not grounded. YOu have to ground the negative lead for it to work right. Also, make sure to reinitialize that ECU before you attempt to start it as it is setup for a completely different setup.
The air temp sensor read correctly not at 5 volts but with about the same voltage as with the MAF plugged in. It was installed correctly, sorry.
Old Sep 29, 2004, 05:51 AM
Evolved Member

I would need to have the car here to figure it out for you.

Quick Reply: US Instructions for Power FC D-Jetro