Notices
Gruppe-S Engineering - California [Visit Site]

Another new toy...Bee Rev limiter!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2005, 06:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking Another new toy...Bee Rev limiter!

Sale price: $265 shipped

Click here for the fireball clip.

Bee Racing Rev Limiter:
The unique REV LIMITER from Power Builder Bee Racing is a device where a driver can use to prevent a vehicle's engine from being over rev. All parameter adjustments on this device can be made on the fly from the driver's seat. This REV LIMITER is achieved by cutting off the ignition at a preset RPM limit, and by re-routing a fuel dump. An aural feedback of back fire popping sound from the exhaust muffler is the result followed by a fantastic visual of fire coming out from the exhaust muffler tip. This aural & visual feedback are very similar to those experienced in the fully race-tuned race cars .

The rev limiter in the vehicle is controlled by the factory ECU by instructing the fuel pump to immediately stop the fuel supply to the engine. Such immediate forced fuel cut is not advisable if it happens frequently as it has damaging effects to the engine in the long run. On the other hand, with Power Builder Bee Racing's REV LIMITER, it actually cut off the engine ignition without stopping the fuel supply to the engine. With this function, over rev limit damage to the engine is prevented, and is a safer way in the long run when the engine is over revved past it recommended RPM limits.

The visual effect of having fire spitting out from the exhaust muffler every time there is a rev cut when the REV LIMITER is installed is not guaranteed by Bee Racing. This is due to the fact that fire would only result during high engine revving, and when the exhaust muffler is warm up, and also when the vehicle exhaust system is without a catalytic converter. Basically, the unrestricted vaporized fuel supply when ignition is cut off is lighted off when it mixes with the air from the engine air intake in the hot exhaust system. The hot temperature from the exhaust system is the catalyst that ignites the air-fuel combination in the absence of the ignition sparks.

Wire set up:
R E D - IG12V /Please refer to the wiring diagram supplied in the installation manual, and connect it to the designated vehicle's ECU.
BLACK - Connect this wire to theh vehicle's chassis' earth/ground contact, or the the vehicle's battery earth/ground terminal.
YELLOW - This wire is for the RPM signal. Please refer to the wiring diagram supplied in the installation manual, and connect it to the designated vehicle's ECU.
GREEN - This wire is for the ignition signal. Please refer to the wiring diagram supplied in the installation manual, and connect it to the designated vehicle's ECU.
WHITE - This wire is for the side brake switch signal. REV-1 works without connecting it.

SET-UP and SWITCH
REV-1: To set up standard RPM.
REV-2: The white wire connection set up the RPM readings that corresponds to the side brake switch signal. It works using an external switch. It switches off the engine by inputting a negative signal.
GAIN: Controls the engine RPM cut off setting. For example, o is off, and 1 ~ F is the adjustment range. The standard initial setting is 6.

Free shipping to lower 48 states

CA tax apply to CA residents

Thanks,
Tom

Last edited by Gruppe-S; Nov 10, 2005 at 06:23 PM.
Old Nov 10, 2005, 06:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ANTI LAG!!!!!!!!!! Cool! 300bucks? not cool.
Old Nov 10, 2005, 06:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i want this!
Old Nov 13, 2005, 11:12 PM
Evolving Member

Off topic... but I asked the dude who runs Bee*R (I can't recall his name), who I ran into at an IDRC race a while back when they were campaigning the GTO, where he got the company name. He told me to look at the name again... ahhh... made sense. BeeR. His favorite beverage. Some anecdotal stuff for laughs
Old Nov 22, 2005, 06:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
265 hurts yur wallet for flames
Old Nov 22, 2005, 08:41 AM
Evolved Member

Doesn't sound like antilag. Sounds like just launch control, with a set limiter. But reading looked like it only set a single limiter? If not then it is pretty cool but the UTEC is adding it soon, and you can get that for like 900 bucks including tuning of fuel and ignition and a bunch of other stuff, so almost 300 bucks for this isn't really the best.

Works alright I guess with flash users or AFC.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 08:55 AM
Evolved Member

uhh so what is this exactly?
Old Nov 22, 2005, 09:05 AM
Evolved Member

my car was spitting flames before i installed the utec and took the rev limiter out...and NO this is not Antilag. I dont get it, if you bounce your car off 7500 and you dont have a cat your car will shoot flames 90% of the time anyways.... so why spend $265 on something that is already there?

Edit* most people are taking there limiters out!
Old Nov 22, 2005, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

I believe it is a 2step launch control idea. Still waiting for that response from my previous post. One set at 6000ish and one at whatever you rev up too most 7800.
Old Jan 12, 2006, 04:55 PM
Evolved Member

update?
Old Jan 12, 2006, 05:26 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by xepyt
update?
This is not a launch control or 2 step! Its a rev limiter that will cut out the ignition when you hit your "set" rev limit. The stock ECU will cut fuel when you rev to 7600rpm but the ignition will still be on. With the Bee Rev limiter, the ignition will be shut off therefore causing a fireball when bouncing off the rev limit. However, "flame" isn't the idea...this unit is to protect your engine from a spun rod bearing.

Thanks,
Tom
Old Dec 18, 2007, 05:59 PM

will this unit build boost like a 2-step??
Old Dec 18, 2007, 06:16 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Work - New York, Alaska, Mexico or the Caribbean. -Home - Tx Hill Country
I'm pretty sure Bee R makes a two step if this isn't it.
Old Dec 19, 2007, 10:27 AM
Evolving Member

perhaps it is useful for no lift shifting, having a rev limit would prevent you from doing some serious damage if you miss a gear.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Evology
will this unit build boost like a 2-step??
It will inadvertently build some boost, however since it's not a traditional 2-step launch control or ALS, it will not build the same amounts. The built boost, is a side effect of the rev limiter doing its job.

If you're looking to build boost, I'd look more into a launch control specific item. I believe Bee*R also sells a launch control/2-step product.

Quick Reply: Another new toy...Bee Rev limiter!