Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

RIPP SDS 4cyl kit DONE and Dyno'd (Automatic)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2002, 08:17 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RIPP SDS 4cyl kit DONE and Dyno'd (Automatic)

OK guys the testing is over the maps for the Automatic have been written. When all was said and done we were able to run 5-6psi. The Supercharger sounds sweet it has a nice growl compared to stock.

The RPMS shoot up nice and fast and very dynamically. The HP curve is very smooth and there are no dead spots. We were able to keep the Air fuel ratios at 13.1-13.2 with virtually now load up at all.

When we were done we laid down 179.3whp and 178.7lbs of torque (224.1 crank HP). This makes for a very strong accelerating car. We had base lined this car before the SDS and found only 103.3WHP (sorry all you auto guys). So our goal of a 200whp 4cyl is very doable. as with a 5spd we will be able to sneak it out with no problems.

We didn't want to push the automatic to much as it is the first one out there, as we log miles and do testing we will keep everyone updated. We have already tried bigger boost #'s but our air temps were getting out of control. We will need a IC to run it.

As the kit stands it comes with:
SDS 4cyl (CNC design and built)
SDS Brackets including idle pulleys (CNC design and built)
Vortech V5 GTrim
Walboro 255 Fuel Pump
RC Engineering 550cc Atomizer
Malpazzi Boost sensing rising rate fuel pressure regulator
RIPP Black Box
RIPP Black Box 2bar map sensor
Injector harness
Injector LED
Oil return and feed
Oil return "No Weld" adapter
Air filter
Longer Drive Belt
CNC MAR adapter
CNC Boost pipes
Vacuum lines and tee's
Fuel lines and tee's
All clamps and Zip Ties.
All fully illustrated instructions
1 year warranty on SDS
2 year on Vortech (By Vortech Thru RIPP)

The 4cyl kit also includes the 45000 RPM bearing that all the 6cyl kits are getting now. The 4cyl kit did not need a blow off valve or by-pass valve. All the "Whoosh" sound comes from the built in clutch system of the Vortech.

We are still speculating a price of $3495.99----$3595.99. This is all pending quantity of product. I'll try to make it the lower of the 2. I my put a group by together for the lesser of the 2 prices. It really depends on all of you.

Thanks for your patience,
Ross Esposito
Ripp Modification
718-442-4723
www.rippmods.com
Old Dec 31, 2002, 09:15 AM
Evolving Member

So is this for the 4G94 or what. It is kind of pointless to post this here if it is for the 4G92 not the US Lancer engine.
Old Dec 31, 2002, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

So the hp numbers you got was on a stock auto with the only mods being the sc? Cuz I'm wondering what gains to expect from added bolt-ons like intake/exhaust etc.
Old Dec 31, 2002, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

and you guys tested it on an automatic lancer?? Cool.....transmission was able to handle it?
and ......PICS PICS PICS!!!! we run off of pics here post em!!!

Last edited by uranium9v; Dec 31, 2002 at 09:34 AM.
Old Dec 31, 2002, 09:48 AM
Evolving Member

Ok the reason I'm posting here is to show that we are capable of making a strong running kit on th 4cyl Mitsu. We want a tester to come down so we can take a look.

We tested on 4cyl Galant Automatic, and kept it on the safe side so as not to hurt the trans.

As soon as we get a test car we will work on a kit for the lancer.

Rippmods
Old Dec 31, 2002, 09:54 AM
Evolved Member

how much would the kit cost for the tester?
Old Dec 31, 2002, 10:03 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Keep in mind that's a 2.4l 4g64, but if they're claiming it was only putting down 103.3whp stock then it's almost exactly the same as a stock Lancer (oddly enough).
Old Dec 31, 2002, 10:38 AM
Evolving Member

OK now we're talkin! I like this more and more....

The tester will only need to buy the kit: No charge for install or any DYNO time or tuning needed. Basically you’re only buying the parts.

In this case its $3500.00 which is what the Galant paid as well.
You’re saving about $950.00 on install and well over $1000 in DYNO time. We will install the full kit including our new Black Box. You will only pay for any options you want, like gauges and exhaust. We take care of the rest.

We agree the stock HP is very similar we feel a 5sp running 5-10psi of boost running our system can easily put down 225-250WHP. We sure of it. Just based on the #'d we've seen over the past few days testing. We testedthe Galant all the way up to 10psi but air temps got alittle crazy. We are going to need an Intercooler to controll the heat. We're sure the 4cyl will make strong HP in the 5spd version.

It exiting to think we may be able to provide another Mitsu group a power option and if it takes to boost the way the 6 does then we can easily be one of the most powerful kits out there.

Coupled with our electronics I don't think it would be easy to build a more reliable kit.

Rippmods
Old Dec 31, 2002, 11:19 AM
Evolved Member

Would it be possible to do a kit that we can install like the RRM Turbo?? Also is DYNO stuff necessary to run the SC?
Old Dec 31, 2002, 11:29 AM
Evolving Member

ok i live in new york and whats the deal with this a supercharger for a lancer and you need a test car thats what i got so far how far along are you in developing it for the lancer or is it gonna be like a trial and error thing where your like well it didnt work and now your cars f'd up i need a little more detail before my car goese on the chopping block.
Old Dec 31, 2002, 11:31 AM
Evolved Member

I believe the dyno is for the first tester car so they can have some positive numbers to show to other buyers.

Everyone wants to know how much bang per buck they are getting right

wadad
Old Dec 31, 2002, 12:51 PM
Evolving Member

I would do it if I was near NY and the kit was at half price, thats like charging the guinea pig for the cost of a perscription med that is being tested(not even sure if it is safe or if it will yield the desired results). My point is if you need a test car you probably shouldnt be making money when you are perfecting your product, profit comes once you have a sure fire product, not during the trial and error process.

Last edited by ocOZkid; Dec 31, 2002 at 12:53 PM.
Old Dec 31, 2002, 12:59 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

It's a pretty fair price. Do you realize how much dyno time and tuning costs? Someone will bite. Good luck to RIPPMODS and whoever their test subject is. I know Smokt is interested, but I guess we'll see who gets it.
Old Dec 31, 2002, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

better safe than sorry....
especially at times like this...
...when money ain't rolling in fast enough..
i rather have someone bite on that offer first..
and see how the results are...

* but props to whoever takes it....
Old Dec 31, 2002, 02:05 PM
Evolving Member

are you gonna offer a kit with the intercooler so you can increase the boost? also how much boost can the sc that your putting in the kit deal with? another question how big of exhaust piping would you suggest for the kit?

Quick Reply: RIPP SDS 4cyl kit DONE and Dyno'd (Automatic)