Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

RRM BOV Options

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2005, 03:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i would assume that it would work decently if you did that, however, most people don't drive like that. i was just saying what i said for the sake of daily driveability. im sure under special circumstances VTA on our cars acn be done without major driving issues, but i don't think its worth doing it. i recirculate my valve and you can easily hear it from in the car and outside the car, some poeple say that they can't hear theirs but that might be because they are using stock 1g or since my recirculation is on a hardpipe rather than some hose that could make a slight difference, not sure.
Old Feb 11, 2005, 03:58 PM
Evolved Member

greddy recirc how much?
Old Feb 11, 2005, 04:40 PM
Evolved Member

universal greddy type is is like 200-250, powder coated hardpipe was like 50 bucks or something, give me a minute and i'll get a link up with some pictures that i put up long ago. u can kinda see it.
Old Feb 11, 2005, 05:19 PM
Evolved Member

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...7&page=2&pp=15

check that thread for pictures of the hardpipe and there are a bunch of other pics in there too from my install.
Old Feb 12, 2005, 03:35 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've run VTA and noticed no difference. I also noticed no difference in sound however. What I don't understand is why VTA would effect car at idle. At idle, the BOV should be closed, regardless of recirc or VTA, the only time I see a rich condition happeneing is between shifts for a brief moment and after quickly letting off the throttle. The type RS has an adaptor to run recirc, I haven't ordered it yet, but will do so if issues arise.
Old Feb 12, 2005, 05:34 AM
Evolved Member

I am currently running to atmosphere and I dont know why people would want to do it. Nonetheless, I experience that rich condition that everyone is talking about. On deceleration, it is very prominent as sometimes, esp. if I boost and come to a stop pretty quickly, you can see the unburned fuel blowing out of the tailpipe. And it is annoying. Stumbles on deceleration to idle sometimes so I have to be very careful when I decelerate I dont stall. I have to do it at a calm, constant rate so that the engine can catch itself.

DO yourself a favour... our cars are MASS-systems, designed for the most part to recirc. Go ahead and recirc. and not fight these stupid idle problems I am fighting.