Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

RRM BOV Options

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2005, 10:51 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
RRM BOV Options

Besides the Greddy Type S with flange, what other BOV's will fit the flange on the RRM kits?
Old Feb 8, 2005, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do think any BOV will work as long as it's a re-circulating BOV. I got this answer from Boe.
Old Feb 8, 2005, 02:17 PM
Evolved Member

^that's correct, as long as the flange matches, or you get a different flange so that you can mount it, and it is recirc, it will work
Old Feb 8, 2005, 02:38 PM
Evolving Member

I realize any will probably work, but a lot of them require weld on flanges or purchasing additional flanges. Do any just clamp right on like the Greddy? I do not want to get one that has to be welded on...
Old Feb 8, 2005, 09:57 PM
Evolved Member

i want to get a RFL(really f*ckuin loud) BOV how can i make this wokr w/ my RRM kit?
Old Feb 8, 2005, 10:56 PM
EvoM Guru

one of your few options is to get a gfb(gofastbits) bov or any that can adjusts how much air it will let out and recirculate the rest. run a search on the evo threads. as to how this bov will react to your setup will be up in the air.
Old Feb 9, 2005, 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

I think the reason why the RRM is using a re-circulating bov to take care of engine idling. The engine would stall if the air vented out in the atmosphere. You might want to check out this HKS BOV: http://www.jscspeed.com/mk4/bov/hks_sskit.htm I'm not sure if it will work with RRM application.
Old Feb 9, 2005, 09:03 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by initialDRacer
I think the reason why the RRM is using a re-circulating bov to take care of engine idling. The engine would stall if the air vented out in the atmosphere. You might want to check out this HKS BOV: http://www.jscspeed.com/mk4/bov/hks_sskit.htm I'm not sure if it will work with RRM application.
I think my Greddy type s is bad... maybe thats why I'm all of a sudden having idle issues... Hmmmm...
Old Feb 9, 2005, 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

we recirculate because our cars have a Maf
Old Feb 9, 2005, 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

Hks ssq bov is atmospheric bov will not work on our cars, neither will the turbo xs rfl also the same deal
Old Feb 9, 2005, 05:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by initialDRacer
yes and no. the car should idle fine. the main reason is becuase the maf measures air when it comes into the filter, then it uses X amount of fuel to inject with that air. when you let of the gas and vent air that has already been measured into the atmosphere, your going to run into a rich condition between shifts becuase X amount of fuel is going to be with X minus whatever is vented into the atomsphere amount of air, resulting in bucking and stumbling.
Old Feb 11, 2005, 02:58 PM
Evolving Member

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159588

heres a sound clip of the Type RS... ordered today...
Old Feb 11, 2005, 03:32 PM
Evolving Member

That movie of the greddy type rs is a atomsphere BOV. I really dont understand why you cant run an atomsphere BOV. Must the greddy dont recirulate. Ive got a turbo X RFL BOV. Has anyone tried the atmosphere and had problems???
Old Feb 11, 2005, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Hotshot940
yes and no. the car should idle fine. the main reason is becuase the maf measures air when it comes into the filter, then it uses X amount of fuel to inject with that air. when you let of the gas and vent air that has already been measured into the atmosphere, your going to run into a rich condition between shifts becuase X amount of fuel is going to be with X minus whatever is vented into the atomsphere amount of air, resulting in bucking and stumbling.
^^
Old Feb 11, 2005, 03:40 PM
Evolved Member

so between shift u should run rich? what about if u accl. and just cruise down in gear....what should the AF status be then?