Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

My TSI Turbo Kit

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2005, 09:36 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My TSI Turbo Kit

Take a look at the TSI Turbo and manifold. Its all ceramic coated!!! Getting ready to put it on finally.
Attached Thumbnails My TSI Turbo Kit-paint002.jpg   My TSI Turbo Kit-paint004.jpg   My TSI Turbo Kit-paint005.jpg  

Last edited by Go2fast; Mar 1, 2005 at 09:51 AM.
Old Mar 1, 2005, 09:37 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

any pics?
Old Mar 1, 2005, 09:38 AM
Evolving Member

Here we go there up!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Go2fast; Mar 1, 2005 at 09:52 AM.
Old Mar 2, 2005, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

any progress?
Old Mar 2, 2005, 04:34 PM
Evolving Member

Ya i just put the intercooler on yesterday, and picked up the o2 bung to weld on the down today pipe. Also, got the extra exhaust gaskets i needed today. I just need to run the piping for the intercooler and then ill put every thing on at one time. I already have all my gauges in and fuel pump. The hardest part is going to be tapping the oil pan but that should be pretty simple ill just take that off. I would say a week until im boosting. I work at a speed shop and have been slammed and had no time for my ride. 6 to 7psi IC hear i come.
Old Mar 14, 2005, 03:31 PM
Evolved Member

did u dyno yet?
Old May 19, 2006, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

Okay so what happened here?.. was this turbo ever running good?

any pics of final setup?
Old May 22, 2006, 08:32 PM

What kinda modding had to take place for this to bolt on, or is it a direct swap?
Old May 24, 2006, 08:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Should be a direct swap. Unbolt stock exhaust manifold --> bolt on turbo manifold with turbo attached. Run piping and lines

Congrats and getting boosted
Old May 24, 2006, 11:37 PM
Evolving Member

This is not a fully direct bolt on kit. You need to do some mods to the kit. But besides that its a awesome kit for the money
Old May 30, 2006, 10:12 AM
Evolving Member

What sort of mods need to be done for the kit?
Old May 30, 2006, 10:15 AM
Evolving Member

^+1
Old May 30, 2006, 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

From what i've seen with this kit the following needs to be upgraded or installed for it to be a fully functional reliable kit

-You need to either Triple up on gaskets to make the downpipe fit, but the better thing to do is weld in another 2 or 3 inches of pipe.
-You need to put an o2 bung in the downpipe for the o2 sensor
-some people say the oil return line is a little too short, even if it isnt i would upgrade to a braided line anyway, the one that comes with the kit is flimsy rubber
-the intercooler is massive for the kit so some bumper cutting and fitting is required on a stock bumper

Then on top of that it is recommended that you upgrade from their fuel stuff. Minimum is a vortech 12:1 FMU ( or if you want you can use the included TSI 14:1 FMU) and YOU NEEEEEED at least a 190lph walbro, but a 255lph is recommended. Also the kit does not come with a Blow off Valve, so its highly recommended that you get one and have a flange welded in. Also i'd pick up to be on the safe side a Boost, EGT, and Narrowband A/F gauge. If you plan to up the boost at all from the stock setting of 6psi i would pick up a Wideband A/F gauge and something to control the fuel curves (S-AFC, RRM Split second, Greddy Emanage).

So if you factor all the changes and purchases in it actually still is cheaper than RRM's kit. It still doesn't look as pretty as RRM's kit but it works!

Oh yeah, also forgot that this kit doesn't really give you options for placement of the MAF. If you want to use the kit as is you need to fit the maf on the pressure side and put it last in line before the throttle body. There has been debate on whether this will screw up the air count, or whether it will harm the MAF, and no one has really proven either way. There are people running it like this with no problem, but theres stories of people that have problems, so thats up to you. The other option requires more modification to the kit. If you hook it up like RRM's kit and put the MAF right after the air filter before the turbo intake then you need to recirculate the BOV into the intake tract, which requires the fabrication of either a fitting to put on a short piece of pipe since they give you a flimsy rubber tube as an intake, or fabricate a whole aluminum intake pipe with the nipple. Good luck if you decide to get the kit though! Its not a straight bolt on affair by any means, but if you know your way around a tool kit and you have some engineering know how it shouldn't be difficult.
Old May 30, 2006, 11:38 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks! Info helped alot.
Old May 30, 2006, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

Cheers beers

Quick Reply: My TSI Turbo Kit