Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

If your not stage 2, your probabaly getting passed

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2005, 09:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If your not stage 2, your probably getting passed

Now that I'm all finished with my Road///Race Stage 2 turbo stuff, I thought I would write a little bit on it since i've gotten countless questions and concerns about both stage 1 and stage 2.

I can also use this thread to answer any other questions that people might have, or you can continue sending me PMs or get a hold of me via AIM.

First thing is first, installed the RC injectors, not a big deal at all, we bored the fuel rail while it was out since I have access to CNC machines and drilling tools. Flattened the landings of the rail out to accomidate the larger clips for the injectors, soldered the new clips in, reinstalled everything, peice of cake. Soldered up the piggyback and threw my test pipe on after fighting with the 02 sensor for a while.

First impression is HOLY SH*T. Since i'm controlling boost via Manual boost controller, i decided to run the car at my current stage one boost (7 psi) just to make sure that the car would run and I wouldn't have any major issues that needed to be fixed. Better to test under low boost than to crank it up and find out something needs to be changed afterwards. I had no idea that the piggyback was going to make such a difference on stage 1 alone. Most people are under the impression that buyingi the piggyback and injectors for stage 2 is only giving you the ability to turn the boost up to 9 psi. This couldn't be any more wrong, the piggyback and injectors alone increase power across the board even if you leave the boost where you have it with stage 1, its unbeleiveable. The setup is running real rich, which is good because i'd rather sacrifice some power and be able to hammer on this thing all I want. Once I get some suspension and new tires it's going to be that much better, since i'm spinning the top of second gear rolling on the freeway right now. It's insane. My buddy with an bushcur stage 2 evo had no idea what was going on with my car. He thought the turbo could only add like 60 hp over stock, when I explained to him that i'm approximatly 140+ whp over stock, he almost sh*t himeself, he couldn't beleive it. All in all, this turbo is FOR REAL. It honestly makes stage 1 seem kinda doggish the way this wakes everything up. Dont' get me wrong, stage 1 is awesome, but the smile that is plastered on your face after driving a stage 2 powered car is just amazing. Basically, if your going to spend the money on stage 1, you should really just save your pennies and invest in the intire stage 2 setup becuase if your not running stage 2, your probabaly getting passed by evos and the like.
Old Mar 28, 2005, 09:44 PM
Evolved Member

yeah im goin for it....jesus i cant wait
Old Mar 28, 2005, 10:12 PM
Evolved Member

ditto.
im going to build it up with some bolts on first before i go stage 2.
Old Mar 28, 2005, 10:14 PM
Evolved Member

good idea, i really think that you shoud have all the supporting mods along with stage 2, to maximize its powerm efficiency, and reliability.
Old Mar 28, 2005, 11:24 PM
Evolved Member

Here is my status with a few cars that have just a LITTLE bit of respect...

VW R32 (me @ 7psi w/ stage 2) = VW got pulled on from 3rd gear on.

Stage 2 Bushcur Racing Evo (me @ 9 psi stage 2) = pulled on it on the freeway

05 STI = pulled damn close toe to toe on freeway

Some insane mustang, didn't know the mods becuase he ducked out on the freeway after our race before i could ask him = his back bumper even with my front bumper through 3rd gear, and into the beginning of 4th.

Stage 2 WRX w/ turboback and accessport = even, then every time i shift he would pull half a car on me, and when i would get back on the gas after shift he wouldn't gain anything on me ( i shift like a woman, and the stock shifter sucks A**)

My friends 03 Evo w/ mbc @ 21 psi, ngk plugs, magnacore wires, weapon-r ignition equalizer = pulled about half car on me when i started spinning them at the top of 2nd gear on the freeway.

It's seems that the deeper than i can get into 4th gear against all of these cars, the more i begin to gain ground on them / pull on them.
Old Mar 29, 2005, 06:28 AM
Evolved Member

That's awesome man, glad to hear you're keeping up with (and beating) some of the big dogs! I love my stage 2 as well. The weather here has been crappy and I've been pretty busy so I really havn't had the chance to try and race anyone yet. But I've pushed it pretty hard a few times and its just amazing the difference in power. I went from stock to stage 2 so I really don't know how much different it is from stage 1 to stage 2 but from stock to stage 2 is just unbeleivable. I have the same tire spinning problem at the top of second gear. I also get some torque steer sometimes. But overall, if you have the $$$ stage 2 is a MUST! My car now would have destroyed my old turbo crx! Hotshot, I'm curious though, what kind of gas mileage are you getting with yours now? Mine doesn't seem to have changed too much, but it is noticeable. Small price to pay for countless hours of fun and excitement!
Old Mar 29, 2005, 06:46 AM
Evolved Member

Your big T-28 can do those feats, but your 370cc injectors may limits its overall potential.

On a S15, its semi-ball bearing T-28 (ceramic blades) runs on 480cc injectors to 250 crank HP.

On a 2g DSM, its T-25 runs on 450cc injectors to the low 200 crank HP.
Old Mar 29, 2005, 09:07 AM
Evolved Member

Good kills.... some seem a bit skeptical, but congrats on your success.
Old Mar 29, 2005, 11:23 AM
Evolved Member

wow...

... kudos to you, the fact you can keep up with and pass evos is blowing my mind!

what is the top hp our lancer is capable of?

assuming w/ stage 3 and all upgrades, what is guesstamit of potential power?

i know its passed 300 whp
Old Mar 29, 2005, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

yeah Hotshot if u have stage2 clutch and flywheel...im sure ud being smokin more cars...
Old Mar 29, 2005, 05:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AirQuez
Good kills.... some seem a bit skeptical, but congrats on your success.
Thanks, however, I didn't claim to "kill" or even beat any of those cars, I was just putting up a general comparison of my car right now to some other big name cars that people look to as being "powerful" or "fast". I don't want people to read that stuff and think I am running circles around those cars, becuase that's not the case.

The only one that really doesn't seem to add up compared to the other would be my buddies buschur stage 2 evo. We all lined up on the freeway (Stage 2 wrx, stage 2 evo, sti, and me) and pulled and those were the general results, I don't know if the evo may have gotten a bad jump or what but my friend in the BBY evo was behind us, and he said he could hear the BR S2 Evo's exhaust blarring loud when we all started going, so it sounded and seemed as though he was going all out. That's really the most skeptical one to me though, there may be some factors that i don't know about like his bad jump or something? Oh and i should say that the Stage 2 WRX had a 120 pound passenger during those pulls as well.

Last edited by Hotshot940; Mar 29, 2005 at 05:08 PM.
Old Mar 29, 2005, 05:11 PM
Evolved Member

You also have to consider power / weight ratios here. a 300 whp mustang would probably get run with by a 2700 lb 255 whp car.
Old Mar 29, 2005, 05:25 PM

I went from stock to stage 2 and the difference is amazing. Do you have the LSD, if not I'd highly recommend it. Good post RRM rocks !
Old Mar 29, 2005, 06:32 PM
Evolved Member

no, no lsd, hopefully full suspension, wheels and tires this summer, and clutch, pressure plate, flywheel next summer
Old Mar 29, 2005, 10:46 PM
Evolved Member

i actually witnessed this race involving hotshot. and i am also amazed, there is nothing to be skeptical about. this rrm stage 2 is strong.

Quick Reply: If your not stage 2, your probabaly getting passed