Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

2003 Lancer Es Custom Turbo Kit

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2005, 07:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sounds great. What are you using for fuel mods and how is the safc working with tuning?
Old Jul 23, 2005, 03:46 AM

Fuel mods are a stock fuel rail with a AEM FPR, Walbro 255 HP Fuel Pump. The Apexi SAFC works great for tuning.
Old Jul 23, 2005, 07:48 AM

So you are able to add fuel with the safc. I ask because i heard on the lancer the safc only allowed you to subtract fuel.
Old Jul 23, 2005, 12:07 PM

We're not selling turbo kits just the manifolds. We will make and install a turbo kit here for just about anything. And you can add and take away fuel with the SAFC.
Old Jul 24, 2005, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by nicktutt420
Hmmmm...I'd be interested in looking into this setup. If it's cheaper than RRM and better than TSI. I give it a . RRM and RIPP are just spenzive.
as would i. are you guys considering marketing this product? If not, I think you should, so far it seems to be cheaper than the RRM setup and you would definately have a nice market.

I would love to know the final cost.
Old Jul 24, 2005, 04:27 PM
Evolving Member

well just figured i'd speak out. I WENT down to cnfx friday night to look at the turbo lancer and put my car on the dyno. i just wanna say that i think these guys have potential, they know what they're talking about. my car went on the dyno(after i got done drooling at the supercharged tibby they had on the dyno), then i did 3 runs with my car, THEY WERE PATHETIC RUNS, it was 98 degrees, i have a bad header gasket, and im running a flat 11.8afr from 3500rpm on up, so i only put out 108.8hp, and 118.8tq. later on i'll post a pic of the dyno they have, its nice. but before i got on the dyno, they pulled out the turbo lancer, the turbo sounds SICK, and not only that but the quality of the kit is A+++. THEY DONT however have the time or resources to build these kit on a mass production level. i talked to the mechanic and owner for a long time and basically found out they dont wanna do it again cause it took sooo much time. he said they will however do it(but they dont wanna) if u bring your car there. he said they will be selling the manifolds, but that is it for the mass production. he told me, but i dont wanna say, all i will say is that the parts would be alot cheaper than other kits available, but after tuning and installation if u have them do it, it would be the same as a stg 1 ic'ed kit(the cost). the welds are really nice, and NO FMU, i can vouch its tuned pretty good, the air/fuel is damn good, it really is working with just the fpr and pump. and, another thing is there is NO ANNOYING CEL, he even showed me the obd scanner, it was clear, and thats was after about 100 miles.

only other thing i can say is they are awesome, that lancer is gonna be SICKKKK once finished, and they are busy as hell, so they dont have time to make kits, plus he said they dont wanna sell a kit on a mass level cause HE wants to make sure its installed and tuned right, he said, and i agree that he doesnt have the time or need for people to be leaving him negative remarks because they did it wrong or didnt tune it right, he doesnt wanna be at fault.

Last edited by maxum17ft; Jul 24, 2005 at 04:31 PM.
Old Jul 25, 2005, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

glad to see you like my car maxum, a lot of time and effort went into making that kit what it is, its only a matter of a few weeks till I will flood with a ton of pictures once the body work is completely done. If you have any questions or are interested in the manifold you can im viperbluz on aol instant messanger.
Old Jul 25, 2005, 09:34 AM

that is completely respectable. where exactly are they located, i see you are from hazelton so how far was that from you. I am from Philly so if its not far I would like to check it out.
Old Jul 26, 2005, 03:30 AM

Phile's about 45 minutes from us. Phile's also a big city so it depends where in Phile you are. Directions: http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...&zipcode=18032

We would have no problem making other lancer kits but they would have to be made, installed and tuned in house. In the future this could change but at the moment we allready have alot on our plate.
Old Jul 26, 2005, 05:46 PM

I think me and my boy are gonna try and come up sometime soon to check you guys out. He has an 04 Ralliart
Old Jul 27, 2005, 09:49 AM

car is really nice. sounds awesome and the best thing i heard about it is that its not even throwing a CEL or anything. ill have to come check it out when its finished as well as all the body work.
Old Jul 30, 2005, 08:32 PM

Looks nice. I have just orded my turbo kit for my 2.0L lancer aswell. I have paid about $8k AUS$ for my kit which includes all neccessary components, GReddy Emanage ECU with Profec E-O1 , FMIC and exhaust. Just to give you guys a general idea on pricing.
Old Aug 2, 2005, 08:08 PM
Evolved Member

A little off topic on my own thread but the car went back over to the body shop today. Its getting Kaminari Front bumper, ken style side skirts and rear bumper, extreme fenders, carbon fiber evo style hood and house of kolor tangerine paint with a metallic pearl.
Old Aug 4, 2005, 05:06 PM
Evolved Member

Bump!!!!!!!
Old Aug 4, 2005, 07:48 PM

sweet turbo setup...

Has it had the final tune and everything yet? Was wondering what the final numbers turned out to be.

Last edited by vikktorlv; Aug 4, 2005 at 07:50 PM.

Quick Reply: 2003 Lancer Es Custom Turbo Kit