Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

Turbo Questions (BOV, Vac, Piggyback,etc)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2005, 04:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Boeturbolancer
Don't use the SAFC... that's what the piggyback is for. Also don't mess with the boost. If you want to save on gas keep your foot off the throttle. The car is tuned very well and you should be getting better gas mileage than the stock car if you keep off the gas. Don't play with the boost as the setup is tuned for the spring your on.

If you start changing things you'll be putting your car at risk. Keep it the way it is setup by RRM. Just stop laying into the gas if you want to save more.
ok! that works, ya i boost alot, love the feeling...
Old Aug 27, 2005, 03:30 AM
Evolved Member

Alright new question....Boe, Hobie, sorry to bug u guys, hopefully u guys have answers

anyways...

ok im gonna try and explain this the best i can...

running stage 2 turbo:

when shifting from 1st to 2nd gear, the rev is really quick, it hits red line really quick...i was racing my friends Ralliart, and im noticing something and i dunno if its unusal or not.

when racing him, when u get to 3rd gear and ur about to shift to 4th the rev is really quick like it is on 1st to 2nd and then its the same when u go from 4th to 5th. I noticed when its in 5th it starts to rev really quick too like ur able to go in a 6th gear but you cant. Like I know reving that quick is supposed to be a good thing b/c ur going through ur gears quicker and gaining speed quicker but like from 3rd to 4th, 4th to 5th. it wont drop down to like 2000rpm, it'll still be sitting at like almost 4000rpm and rapidly rev to redline BUT the car isnt gaining speed any quicker...i dunno if that make sense at all, its like im rapidly going through my gears but not pulling the speed along w/ it.

My friend thinks my clutch is slipping, i wanted second opinions.

Like i feel like i made sense on what I said but i dunno if i did, if i have to video tape it I will, but hopefully someone understands me
Old Aug 27, 2005, 09:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like a slipping clutch to me. If you have stage 2 and are still running on the stock clutch, it's easy to see why you're clutch is slipping! I have stage2 on a stock clutch and mine slips all the time! I need to get a stage 2 clutch pretty soon and it looks as though you probably should too.
Old Aug 27, 2005, 11:28 AM
EvoM Guru

if rpms ramp up faster than the speedo in 4th and 5th the clutch is slipping... you should be able to smell it as well when you stop.

Creates a real stink. if your on the stocker and stage 2 you need to upgrade... it just won't take that abuse.
Old Aug 27, 2005, 01:26 PM
Evolved Member

k what if u cant smell it...what would be the next problem
Old Aug 27, 2005, 07:41 PM
Evolved Member

also u guys think water wetter is a good idea for a turbo lancer?
Old Aug 27, 2005, 11:07 PM
EvoM Guru

can't really describe it but as a test go on a good road and at about 40mph put it in 5th... then floor it.

If the rpms are going up faster than the speedo then you've got a slipping clutch... should be able to tell easily by 70mph tops.

I use water wetter... good stuff. Safe for turbo's as well.
Old Sep 1, 2005, 10:07 AM
Evolved Member

boe, (or n e one who has the answer)

I swear i read this in the instructions but i cant find it but I wanted to verify, if i havent done so already, I need to tighen some bolts besides the piping, I believe the wastegate is one of em, is that right and n e thing else? If they are not tightened can that produce potential leaks thus making my car slower??
Old Sep 1, 2005, 11:58 AM
Evolved Member

Are you saying you will know you have a slippng clutch because at speeds of 70mph you will be near redline?
I'm confused
Old Sep 1, 2005, 12:10 PM
EvoM Guru

if your in 5th at 70mph and hitting redline something is definately wrong... probably clutch slipping.

As for the bolts... everything you had to tighten in the install... go back and check/retighten. All header/up/down/exhaust/turbo/wastegate/etc...
Old Sep 1, 2005, 02:59 PM
Evolved Member

if your in 5th at 70mph and hitting redline something is definately wrong... probably clutch slipping.

As for the bolts... everything you had to tighten in the install... go back and check/retighten. All header/up/down/exhaust/turbo/wastegate/etc...
I went out for a drive w/ my brother and showed him and did what boe recommended, put it in 5th and go and it did what what he said, and my brother is like "say good bye to ur clutch" haha

so ya im getting it fixed so it should be ok...

also, if these dont get tightened do u get leaks and what not, make ur car slower.
Old Sep 1, 2005, 03:04 PM
EvoM Guru

if you don't check your stuff and it comes loose then yes you'll get leaks... and be slower.
Old Sep 1, 2005, 07:58 PM
Evolved Member

if you don't check your stuff and it comes loose then yes you'll get leaks... and be slower.
Yeah, just like me, I didn't even noticed until yesterday than I have leak on my wastegate and fixed it today, bamm, it haul faster .
Old Sep 2, 2005, 05:44 AM
Evolved Member

yeah my wastegate bolts came loose a couple times already. I wasn't hitting full boost and I checked it and sure enough, those damn bolts! Tighten them up and it's a big difference! It's crazy how much an extra pound or 2 of boost helps!
Old Sep 2, 2005, 07:41 AM
Evolved Member

ya im gonna check that asap

Quick Reply: Turbo Questions (BOV, Vac, Piggyback,etc)