Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

non intercooled

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2006, 08:01 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
as for the nonIC, i know its a hard pill to swallow, but i would save up the extra dough and just get IC right off the bat (whether is tsi, rrm, rpw, etc). the thing is, i haven't met a man alive that is satisfied once he starts modding. whens the last time you heard jimmy says "man, that turbo would be cool, but i'm happy with this cai" LOL, ain't gonna happen, we always want more power and the same will happen to you once you get the nonIC turbo: six months down the line you'll want the IC upgrade, and that means sending back the turbo to be reclocked (or doing it yourself if you have the ability), getting new pipes, etc etc.

honestly, it would just be easier off the bat to go IC, then you have a decent amount of hp to play with, you don't have to repipe the setup if you want to upgrade to higher boost, larger injectors, etc, and no cutting/rewelding of the turbo to make it turn the right direction.

my 2 cents

Last edited by Blacksheepdj; Feb 12, 2006 at 12:28 PM.
Old Feb 12, 2006, 12:34 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thread cleaned. Let's keep it civil. He asked a question, so let's be helpful and answer. Personal problems should be left outside.
Old Feb 12, 2006, 01:29 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by thereasonsf3
i thought you guys sent more than piping for the IC upgrade?
You do get more than piping. We stock or can build stuff for upgrades in a day or so but powder coater often take a week or more to get stuff painted and returned to us.

ROAD/RACE