Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

Need help! Pic request! Anyone with EVO IC/Turbo help me!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2006, 07:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help! Pic request! Anyone with EVO IC/Turbo help me!

Hey, Ive just recieved in my EVO8 Turbo, IC, IC Piping. I am close to being done with my kit.

I have my bumper off last weekend and put the IC up there just to get a feel how it would fit. It seems like the bumper support is in the way of where the intercooler has to go. Or is there room to mount the IC infront of the bumper support?

I also looked at routing the lower IC piping, every which way I tried to put it, it always seemed to be in the way of somthing.

So... Does anyone happen to have any pics of there lancer with the EVO IC/Lower IC piping without the bumper on so I can take a look at how its mounted and how the piping is routed?

Its a 2006 BTW incase the might have made any changes in this yr?

Thanks alot!
Old Jun 1, 2006, 07:15 PM
Account Disabled

ive seen the piping work on the 2-3 lancer.. but i dunno bout 4-6.....

ill see if i can get a pick of the 2-3
Old Jun 1, 2006, 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

Strange enough, i'm having fitment issues with the evo piping too, but i have an 03. I got the piping from the turbo outlet to the intercooler inlet to bolt up perfect to stock holes, however i cant seem to get the lower outlet to line up. i'm gonna take the bumper off again on sunday and see if i can get some more progress. Good luck!
Old Jun 2, 2006, 10:36 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Sicktght311
Strange enough, i'm having fitment issues with the evo piping too, but i have an 03. I got the piping from the turbo outlet to the intercooler inlet to bolt up perfect to stock holes, however i cant seem to get the lower outlet to line up. i'm gonna take the bumper off again on sunday and see if i can get some more progress. Good luck!
No offense, but why is that strange? You're putting parts from a car onto a completely different car. I'm amazed you got anything to bolt up. Different car, different motor, etc...
Old Jun 2, 2006, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

Not strange per se, but i've just heard other people havent really had any problems with stuff lining up, oh well. Nothing a little inginuity and 2.25 exhaust bends cant handle
Old Jun 2, 2006, 02:02 PM
Evolved Member

some pics i found...

Old Jun 2, 2006, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

OH this is even Better check this thread

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ght=turbo+pics
Old Jun 12, 2006, 06:15 PM
Evolving Member

evo ic piping does in fact fit (i just did a test fit of my ic and piping last weekend). in order for it to fit perfectly with no modifications you need to relocate the battery and change to the evo style rad overflow jug and windshield washer reservoir. then just cut a couple holes in the black plastic panels (2 vertical ones) that run under the engine and bumper.

blacksheep, saying that it's a COMPLETELY different car and engine isn't very accurate. in piecing my 16g setup together and checking out suspension, body, etc, i have found things that are common between the two cars. like the i/c for instance; the lancer comes with the holes and threads for mounting it since we have the same rad supports. which also happens to be the reason why we can swap an entire front end in (bumper, headlights, hood and fenders inclusive). as soon as i receive some more parts i will find if some suspension pieces work as well.

the problem we have is that no one has tried before, or they have tried a full engine swap or something big and ppl believe nothing can be done.

Last edited by Dr Crash; Jun 12, 2006 at 06:24 PM.
Old Jun 12, 2006, 06:30 PM
Evolving Member

it will fit u just gotta f with it a lil trust me its on my car