Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

turbo smoking

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2006, 08:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont think its the seals. Like i said, i def have blown seals, and the exhaust is where it smokes with bad seals, and its usually blueish, not white. It sounds to me like you either have a leaking return or a leaking feed for the oil lines. Get the car up on some jack stands and look at the oil return, if it has oil on the hose then its leaking, tighten the bolts holding the flange to the turbo, tighten the hose clamps on the return line, make sure theres no kinks and its straight downward to the return fitting in the pan. Bad seals makes smoke out of your exhaust when you start the car up in the morning, usually goes away once it all burns out of the exhaust, unless the turbo is totally shot then it smokes all the time If you're seeing smoke out of your engine bay and it smells like oil, and you see oil on the turbo, then its most definately just a lose oil feed or return. Pretty common....