Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

My custom 16g build

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2007, 07:47 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you still might want to spend a little more on the downpipe listed above. It would really help performance alot.

i wish this was around when i had my oz. I went rpw manifold and downpipe with a gt28r. Not as nice of a CHEAP as this route. Also the down pipe came with a differnt flange than the stock cat... ggrrrr.
Old Jan 7, 2007, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
im glad rrm finally has their turbo parts sold seperately
Old Jan 7, 2007, 07:52 PM
Evolved Member

yeh. ill see. I have a 2.25" exhaust right now. I dont think ill swap it out. at least not for a long while. Ill probably just go with a stock evo dp. Id feel like crap taking a brand new nice dp and cutting it up...lol

when it gets to the point to go bigger id just go custom turbo back anyway.
Old Jan 7, 2007, 07:59 PM
Evolving Member

might aswell spend the extra few dollars (cant be much more) on something that will benifit you more.
Old Jan 7, 2007, 07:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mitsuozboi
yeh. ill see. I have a 2.25" exhaust right now. I dont think ill swap it out. at least not for a long while. Ill probably just go with a stock evo dp. Id feel like crap taking a brand new nice dp and cutting it up...lol

when it gets to the point to go bigger id just go custom turbo back anyway.
Iv'e got a stock DP from my IX pm me.
Old Jan 7, 2007, 08:15 PM
Evolved Member

Another thing. As for the actuator. Im thinking about taking a stock 2'nd gen turbo II RX-7 actuator. fabbing a bracket so I can fit that to the turbo. Those are set at a safe 5.5 psi stock. I can get the kit dialed in using that then up the boost later with a boost controller.

lost that auction. bummer. winning bid = $280

Last edited by mitsuozboi; Jan 7, 2007 at 08:41 PM.
Old Jan 7, 2007, 08:41 PM
Evolving Member

so did you win??
Old Jan 7, 2007, 08:49 PM
Evolved Member

^^

check above post. haha. nope
Old Jan 7, 2007, 08:54 PM
Evolving Member

you can still buy that stuff uber cheap.

where you bid 10 or whatever that name was?
Old Jan 7, 2007, 08:58 PM
Evolving Member

All I can say is that turbo is not the same as the on on RRE or RRM. The one on RRM is an earlier turbo from before the EVO 8 and 9 were made. These turbos are completly differant other than internals.
Old Jan 7, 2007, 09:03 PM
Evolving Member

that is the stock 8 turbo. the rrm uses a completely differnt turbo. THe ones in the other threads uses the stock evo 8 turbo and that is what he is trying to do also.
Old Jan 7, 2007, 09:10 PM
Evolving Member

sorry posted x2
Old Jan 8, 2007, 09:34 AM
Evolving Member

I am currently doing the 16g turbo custom on my car. You do not want to drill seperate holes for the 4g94 on the flange because it will weaken the **** out of it. Also the outside ports are almost a 1/4 of an inch off. You can buy a lancer flange for $35 and have them cut the old one off, move the runners and weld a new one on. Pm me if you want my number, i can prolly clear up a couple of your questions. Im trying to have mine running by Friday, but we will see.
Old Jan 8, 2007, 01:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 0zlancer
I am currently doing the 16g turbo custom on my car. You do not want to drill seperate holes for the 4g94 on the flange because it will weaken the **** out of it. Also the outside ports are almost a 1/4 of an inch off. You can buy a lancer flange for $35 and have them cut the old one off, move the runners and weld a new one on. Pm me if you want my number, i can prolly clear up a couple of your questions. Im trying to have mine running by Friday, but we will see.

Ill be buying the megan Stainless manifold. After talking to a couple friends that weld and machine I think we have decided the best and cleanest way is to get a SS 4g94 flange to weld onto the megan SS mani. Move the runners. At that point it would look clean and not be weakened by having new holes drilled.

A question I have. Im gonna do a search but mabey someone can answer it. A newer evo IX turbo would work in this same application correct? the new turbos would use the same manifolds. the turbo is just re-worked to get better gains correct? I may have to use all IX parts like 02 housing but mabey not.

To all those "wrong turbo" members. I wasnt sure if rrm used the same turbo. Your right. I havnt re-searched enouph to know there are 50 different types of a similiar turbo. Im basically doing the same build that WRX and Aznflip did. Im using their two threads as a guide, I think I understand the basics of whats going on in this build and what needs to be customized, but of course I need to work out the finer details. Thanks for all the responses and help.

Last edited by mitsuozboi; Jan 8, 2007 at 01:43 PM.
Old Jan 8, 2007, 08:13 PM
Evolving Member

Good way to go on buying the mani and the flange. The best way to get the setup done for cheap and nice is to look for a wrecked evo, and buy the stock IC, IC pipes, intake tube, Turbo assembly and Elbow, and Downpipe. If all goes as planned i am going to be running evo8 turbo for less than 1200. As of now all im waiting on is my FMU that is in the mail, and running the coolant lines and oil lines.