Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

Zietronix wideband or AEM Ide Band UEGO

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2007, 05:51 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zietronix wideband or AEM Wide Band UEGO

Whats up guys. So I'm researching widebands and I came across this one from AEM-
http://www.aempower.com/ViewCategory.aspx?CategoryID=67
Since I know next to nothing about widebands, I figured I'd ask the gurus here. How does this one compare to the Zietronixs one sold by RRM? As always, thanks for the help.

Last edited by nem187; Feb 3, 2007 at 05:54 AM.
Old Feb 3, 2007, 05:55 AM
Evolved Member

u should consider innovate also
Old Feb 3, 2007, 06:11 AM
Evolving Member

I'm not familiar with the Innovative widebands? How do they compare to the two I mentioned?
Old Feb 3, 2007, 06:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've heard that the innovative and the Zietronix are a little more accurate but obviously the AEM is less expensive and it's in a 60mm gauge form factor which might be cleaner / easier to mount if you are planning to use a gauge pod. Ultimatly you'll want to pick a wideband that can log with whatever datalogging software your using. Evoscan supports all of the ones that are mentioned here.

I chose the AEM Wideband due to cost and formfactor and because I was also looking for an inexpensive boost gauge / controller and AEM has the truboost gauge that matches their wideband. Probably easily interfaces with the EMS as well.

Innovative has been around forever and they are a top trusted brand. I've noticed that most professional tuners use their products.
Old Feb 3, 2007, 06:51 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mr. Evo IX
I've heard that the innovative and the Zietronix are a little more accurate but obviously the AEM is less expensive and it's in a 60mm gauge form factor which might be cleaner / easier to mount if you are planning to use a gauge pod. Ultimatly you'll want to pick a wideband that can log with whatever datalogging software your using. Evoscan supports all of the ones that are mentioned here.

I chose the AEM Wideband due to cost and formfactor and because I was also looking for an inexpensive boost gauge / controller and AEM has the truboost gauge that matches their wideband. Probably easily interfaces with the EMS as well.

Innovative has been around forever and they are a top trusted brand. I've noticed that most professional tuners use their products.
Thanks man. That defiitely helps. I'm thinking about going for the AEM unit too. I've got to figure out if it will interface with the RRM piggy though.
Old Feb 4, 2007, 10:58 AM
Evolving Member

the only advantage the ziertronics would have with the piggy is that thats how rrm does it so their familiar with that setup. so one could take advantage of their customer service if you have questions.

not only that but i believe the ziertronics as a boat load of other functions like boost, egt, etc.... so its upgradable, every thing on one lil screen you can tuck away if your tryin to be all stealth about things.
Old Feb 5, 2007, 12:10 AM
Evolving Member

Elvis,
Thats what really has me interested in the Zietronix is that I could have that stealth feel. I don't really want a bunch of gauges.
So it looks I'll be most likely going with the Zietronix wideband.
Old Feb 5, 2007, 12:19 AM
Former Sponsor

the zietronix in my opinion is only good if you plan to get all the gadets... if not just get the aim for the simple gauge.

the innovate is also great because like the zietronix its expandable. they come out the same price with the same opinions but with the innovate you can have your logs saved directly onto an SD card with the auto box.

also if you dont want a gauge at all. just for logging purpose's you dont need the gauge attached. you can get the wideband from ebay for 150 shipped.

the aem to me has nothing to offer... its just a plain kit. if thats all you need then its great...

cheers!
Old Feb 5, 2007, 12:19 AM
Former Sponsor

www.tuneyourengine.com

innovate website

cheers!
Old Feb 5, 2007, 12:27 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks man . Still got a few months to make my final decision. I'll make sure I post up with what I go with.
Old Feb 5, 2007, 12:31 AM
Evolved Member

zeitronix. good loggin and also good interface.
Old Feb 5, 2007, 12:37 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kungfugirl
zeitronix. good loggin and also good interface.
Cool, thanks.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 04:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nem187
Cool, thanks.
I 2nd that
Old Feb 10, 2007, 12:50 AM
Evolving Member

cool, looks like its gonna be Zeitronix for sure
Old Feb 13, 2007, 07:35 PM
EvoM Guru

i've got a zeitronix and use a palm pilot to log and monitor. when i'm done tuning, i just disconnect it and *poof*, no proof it's even there. i hate gauges.

Quick Reply: Zietronix wideband or AEM Ide Band UEGO