Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

Lets talk oil fitting ans feed/drain lines

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2007, 02:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lets talk oil fitting ans feed/drain lines

Hey guys,

just thought we could have a discussion to help me gather the final parts for my turbo install

I bought a used turbo kit (rrm non IC) which belonged to goddamyouugly and another guy before him, the kit is roughly a year old i beleive, and it hasnt had too much usage.

Heres the oil accessories it came with, essentially the drain pipe supplied from rrm and the feed line to the turbo from the block.

so i have researched here and i want to make a thread so we can provide valuable info on a subject not covered very actively here

HERES WHAT I GATHERED

FIRST OF: heres sicktight's comments which can be found here:https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ht=fmu+install

Originally Posted by Sicktght311
if you are going off of the 8mm Hex plug at the oil filter housing for a feed location you will need to reduce 3/8NPT to 1/8NPT or -4AN (if they are both indeed the same, if not then its -3AN, i know 1/8NPT fits one of the two). Then just basically run the line to the turbo and screw it onto the turbo. I know the turbo fitting itself is 7/16 -24 thread inverted flare to whatever size line you have.

The oil return i just used a 3/8"NPT to 5/8" hose barb fitting. I got it from the local US1 auto store in one of those HELP! sections that carry all sorts of random parts like door knobs and stuff. Then bought some 5/8 Heater hose and hooked it right up.

SOMEONE PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF ITS 4AN or 3AN that fits up to 1/8npt. OR EVEN BETTER, WHATS THE SIZE OF THE LINE THAT COMES WITH THE TSI KIT, 4AN or 3AN because thats the oil line i currently have
My take on the oil feed line:
The oil feed line on this car is fairly easy: the feed location is an 8mm hex bolt over the stock oil filter location, which is just behind the passenger side front wheel on the engine block. The bolt can be removed and a fitting can be placed there and the oil feed line is run from there to the oil inlet on the turbo of your choice.

QUESTION #1
-WHAT FITTING DO I NEED FOR THE OIL FEED LINE? I HAVE THE RRM LINE. which i think is -3 an (whatever that means)

Now as far as the oil tap and fitting that would connect to the oil return line, i take it i need a 5/8 oil fitting that has a "barbed end and a 5/8 heater hoze that i cut to length, and some clamps to make it tight and secure. from sicktights post i gathered i needed a 1/8 to 5/8 fitting 1/8 going to the oil pan and a 5/8 side having the barb for my heater hose.
a pic for reference of the connection^

QUESTION #2
-what do i need to tap the pan? is there a 1/8 fitting i need to tap into the pan and connect the 1/8 to 5/8 barb? or can i just get a 5/8 tap and a 5/8 to 5/8 barb for the hose and skip the hole size differential?

I wanted to thank anyone and everyone for there input, lets make this an informative thread for me and everyone trying to boost there lancer in the future.

thanks.

Last edited by kungfugirl; Apr 15, 2007 at 03:12 PM.
Old Apr 15, 2007, 03:03 PM
Evolved Member

if anyone could locate the peices needed at this website it would be nice indeed!!

http://www.anplumbing.com/shop/

they seem expensive but the parts are pretty
Old Apr 15, 2007, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

bump for some input.
Old Apr 16, 2007, 11:04 AM
Evolved Member

Old Apr 16, 2007, 03:10 PM
Evolved Member

alright now this is getting depressing.
Old Apr 18, 2007, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

someone humor me and just post in here so i am not so depressed.
Old Apr 18, 2007, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sorry I didn't see this thread earlier. I really should venture into here more often

First of all, according to sicktight's post, you need a 3/8" NPT to 5/8 Barb fitting. So you would need to buy a 3/8" NPT tap for the pan. You'll also need to look up what size drill bit you're to use with a 3/8" NPT tap.

As far as your other questions, you are correct. Just get some 5/8" coolant hose, two hose clamps and you'll be set.

I'm not sure what size the RRM oil feed line is either, which is sad considering I have the same one , but chances are it's a -3 AN. The best way to find out would be to call RRM up. They are usually very helpful.

I hope I've been able to humor you enough!
Old Apr 18, 2007, 08:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Z_Lancer_Man
Sorry I didn't see this thread earlier. I really should venture into here more often

First of all, according to sicktight's post, you need a 3/8" NPT to 5/8 Barb fitting. So you would need to buy a 3/8" NPT tap for the pan. You'll also need to look up what size drill bit you're to use with a 3/8" NPT tap.

As far as your other questions, you are correct. Just get some 5/8" coolant hose, two hose clamps and you'll be set.

I'm not sure what size the RRM oil feed line is either, which is sad considering I have the same one , but chances are it's a -3 AN. The best way to find out would be to call RRM up. They are usually very helpful.

I hope I've been able to humor you enough!
thank you for your help i beleive the feed is -3an and i got the 5/8 barb and the hose with clamps from the local home depot.

i will post up pic so everyone knows whats up.
Old Apr 20, 2007, 12:40 AM
Evolved Member

edit. pics soon
Old Apr 20, 2007, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

this is THEEE hardest part of putting on a turbo.. its a I31Tch to keep it from leaking
Old Apr 21, 2007, 11:22 AM
Evolved Member

what are you using kidlancer? i think u have a custom setup no?
Old Apr 23, 2007, 05:49 AM
Evolved Member

yeah custom setup..... lets say i couldnt get the fittings corrected so i took it to a mech so the oil can stop leaking. what ever he put on works.... im not sure what # fittings they are
Old Apr 23, 2007, 09:20 AM
Evolving Member

Mine drips slightly too. It was a ***** to put on there too. I tried to use JB weld but i broke it off when installing the pan so i removed the pan and found this stuff called Seal-All that seems to work pretty well.
Old Apr 23, 2007, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Knock on wood, but I haven't had an oil leak yet
Old Apr 23, 2007, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

^ thats good, did you JB WELD or take it to get welded on the pan?

Quick Reply: Lets talk oil fitting ans feed/drain lines