Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

Turbo Soon

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2007, 01:56 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lancerrally45
as far as the flange on the motor for the upper radiator hose. i can see that.
but not the other pipe. theres just no way. but all i did was dremel off a bolt whole here the stock evo feed line goes. i didnt need it, so off it went. it work out well.
oh ok, sweet. that is a lot less dramatic i can handle doing that. i will see if speed corps can do it before he even sends me the turbo.

how did you hook up the water lines? actually i have a million questions, let me think them out before i start rambling the first thing that comes to mind

got any more install pics though?
Old Jul 30, 2007, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
alright well make up a list and let me know. id be glad to answer any of them. if i dont know them, ill find out within a day and let yah know.
as far as the coolent lines. we really dont need them for running low boost. but if you plan on going higher. just t it off somewhere. throttle body lines is what i did. so i know for sure that i have a feed and a return. it doesnt matter what side you hook it up to the turbo becauase it goes through it either way,
Old Jul 30, 2007, 02:07 PM
Former Vendor

ok cool. here are some questions:

• where did you recirculate the BOV too?
• how much modification was needed to the Evo I/C piping?
• how well did the injectors hook up? any modification needed?
• any issues mounting the fan?

i'm sure i will think of more later, those will do for now. lol
Old Jul 30, 2007, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by crypto
ok cool. here are some questions:

• where did you recirculate the BOV too?
• how much modification was needed to the Evo I/C piping?
• how well did the injectors hook up? any modification needed?
• any issues mounting the fan?

i'm sure i will think of more later, those will do for now. lol

haha, ok
1)bov goes from the intake of turbo to uicp right before the intake mani.
2)i did no mod to the i/c piping, but i had to jimmy up my over flow tank for the radiator down below the uicp
3)injectors. lol took them off 10000000000 times because of leaks, get new top o-rings. everything else should be ok to run. nevertheless, very easy to install no trouble becides not sealing at the fuel rail. no mod needed
4)i had to get rid of both fans. i have a fan hook up on the one side u can see. i plan on mounting another one on the other side within a day or 2, sence i had to get rid of the one on the other side. clearence issues
Old Jul 30, 2007, 02:18 PM
Former Vendor

^sweet thanks for the answers, i will post more if i have any.

any more photos by chance? i'm a very visual person, so they would be a great help

also, you plan on getting a new front bumper, or cutting the stock one to allow for more airflow to the I/C?
Old Jul 30, 2007, 02:21 PM
Evolved Member

im bringing in the dremel tool for that. haha
my bumper is a lighter color so why not just cut it.
ill post more pics later cuz i gota go pick up my downpipe so i can put it on during class tonight. im not sure on how many more pictures i have, but ill post all of them
Old Jul 30, 2007, 02:23 PM
Former Vendor

ok groovy, i plan on dremeling my front bumper too. I don't want a crappy fiberglass one.

yeh, just post whatever pics you have, no matter how random they are. they will help
Old Jul 30, 2007, 02:40 PM
Evolved Member

i forgot to ask another thing. wuts a good egt to be running for turbo? (idel, wot and crusing) i dont want anything to melt.
Old Jul 30, 2007, 06:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lancerrally45
i forgot to ask another thing. wuts a good egt to be running for turbo? (idel, wot and crusing) i dont want anything to melt.
Originally Posted by sicktght311
EGT Gauge - Stands for Exhaust Gas Temperate gauge, also known as a pyrometer. Highly recommended if you will be running a narrowband a/f instead of a wideband unit. While the recommended ideal range for EGT at certain boost levels still remains in contention, the average is below 1450-1475F at WOT top of 4th gear full boost. Cruising should be between 1200 and1300F, and idle should be around 800-900F. These are just averages however, your egt may be different due to your tune. An AFR closer to 11 at full boost will result in a slightly lower EGT, while a leaner condition will drive you up. If your EGTs start to peak 1500 or higher, back off the gas because you are running too hot and detonation will occur. Easy to install. Requires drilling a hole in either the 1st or 2nd runner in the exhaust manifold before the turbo about 2-4 inches from the block. Screw in the temp fitting, run the wire to the gauge, done.
Old Jul 30, 2007, 07:57 PM
Former Vendor

O.K., seems like everything is going good for you. The only concern I had about this whole build is how well the down pipe fits related to the position of the turbo after welding the flange to the exhaust manifold. Let me know how it fits. I'd prefer to cut the flange off the mani then weld the new one on. Anyways, good job. I'm very curious how it's going to run when your finished.
Old Jul 30, 2007, 08:01 PM
Former Vendor

Oh yeah, yes the fuel pump is s'posed to be noisy like that. It's normal.
Old Jul 30, 2007, 08:59 PM
Evolved Member

haha...downpipe. haha
i worked on my car in the shop for 3 hrs tongiht with no luck. i needed some exhaust tube and nobody was open for me to get it. i cut off the flange at the turbo right at the weld and bolted it up there by itself. i ran outa time and so i have to drop it off at a shop tomorrow morning and have them weld a peice between the flange and the catback. i could have prolly did it myself but time ran out.
Old Jul 30, 2007, 09:33 PM
Evolved Member

Hey I am just wondering if u have mor epics of the stock intercooler piping? do u hae a manual? can we gets some pics of the clearances, crypto has an automatic and tranny might be an issue.

LOOKS GOOD.
Old Jul 31, 2007, 07:12 AM
Former Vendor

thanks, that was actually gonna be another question from me.

i know the intercooler piping is a tight fit with the auto's. it'd be nice to get a visual on where i will have to make adjustments
Old Jul 31, 2007, 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

yes i do have a manual so it was a little easier for me. ill take some pics later on today. the only thing i really had to move for the uicp was the overflow tank for the radiator and the fan on that side of the engne as well. im thinkin about just putting another small push fan on that side just to compensate.

Quick Reply: Turbo Soon