Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.
View Poll Results: What are you planning for your NON-EVO '08 Lancer
Turbo (non company specific)
35.71%
Supercharger (non company specific)
7.14%
Trade up to an Evo
20.24%
keep N/A
15.48%
Unsure
15.48%
Other
5.95%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Choices, Choices, Choices

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2007, 01:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Choices, Choices, Choices

Ok so now that RRM has officially announced the development of the turbo for the car. I need to start thinking about the direction I want to head with it.

In my mind there are four options, but only the first three will count for me.

1.) Turbo (RRM or Other)

2.) Supercharger

3.) Wait and trade up to an Evo

4.) Keep N/A

Now I dont know what I want to do, I think I will play it by ear, and see what the evo's are going to cost and availability.

what are your plans?
Old Aug 12, 2007, 01:15 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
save up some cash for the turbo, maybe by the time you have enough cash there will be more turbo options.

i can't imagine anyone would develop a supercharger for the lancer, but you never know

trading in for an Evo when it comes out would be the best option i think, it depends if you can afford the extra money on payments and insurance.
Old Aug 12, 2007, 01:23 PM
Evolving Member

I think for the same price as the turbo or a lil more i could get the ralliart version next year(no offense to rrm cause they're awesome) but i payed cash for my car so i would just have to finance the difference for the trade in because im tired of saving money haha
Old Aug 12, 2007, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by mezzedupdream
I think for the same price as the turbo or a lil more i could get the ralliart version next year(no offense to rrm cause they're awesome) but i payed cash for my car so i would just have to finance the difference for the trade in because im tired of saving money haha
I agree.....the Ralliart sounds like it will be a very good option. Although you will probably lose a ton on the trade.
Old Aug 12, 2007, 04:39 PM
Evolving Member

What's the difference between a turbo charger and a super charger?
Old Aug 12, 2007, 05:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Xeroxed
What's the difference between a turbo charger and a super charger?
www.google.com

www.howstuffworks.com
Old Aug 12, 2007, 05:59 PM
Evolving Member

Based on that, I'd probably go with a supercharger depending on price differences. Although, I would just like to trade up for the Evo, but it depends how much the payments will be.
Old Aug 12, 2007, 07:01 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I can see myself saving up for the turbo. Mostly, it will depend on the results of other boosted CVTs. I have 100% faith in RRM, but until I see the longterm life of the new transmission, it'll be a question mark for me.

I can also see myself staying N/A. I'm getting old, so keeping the car slow and reliable might be key. For Christ's sake, I still live with my parents. Lord knows my money could be better spent on rent...
Old Aug 12, 2007, 07:44 PM
Evolving Member

I forgot about the possibilities of a Ralliart, I could see myself trading up to that depending on how good Mitsu makes it
Old Aug 12, 2007, 11:05 PM
Evolving Member

Turbo Charger- Accelerates the air flow in to the engine by using a device thats moving parts are powered by the exhaust produced by the engine.

Supercharger- Does the same thing only it is powered by the belts of the engine the same way the air conditioner is. can also be very rarely powered by electricity, but that is really rare, expensive, and weak to be honest.
Old Aug 12, 2007, 11:19 PM
Evolving Member

Saving for a Ralliart. I dont see the point of getting a GTS FWD for $20, then paying $5K for a turbo + install. I'd rather pay 27K for a Ralliart (possibly with AWD) and keep my warranty.

Last edited by Mystic_Korean; Aug 12, 2007 at 11:26 PM.
Old Aug 13, 2007, 12:53 AM
Evolving Member

no ****. no offense to RRM, but if the Ralliart comes out with AWD and a turbo and is less than 10 more than a normal gts, buy it and not the turbo. the turbo install will cost you nearly as much as that anyway, and void your warranty.

plus, having AWD actually gives you a reason to have that big old wing on the back of your car!
Old Aug 13, 2007, 07:19 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

While I understand your comments, that doesn't make them Gospel.

AWD isn't the greatest thing in the world. I had a Subaru. Honestly, I wasn't impressed. I'm back to FWD, you'll notice.

As for "screw the turbo, wait for the Ralliart!" comments, how the Hell does that make sense? Was I supposed to drive around the same beater car waiting for the RA to come out? I needed a car now, I bought a GTS. Also, do we have hard facts on the RA? Not that I've seen. We have rumors about turbo and AWD, but for all we know it'll just be a 200hp Lancer (like the 04 RA was compared to the 4G94 Lancer). Don't pin your hopes and dreams on rumors.
Old Aug 13, 2007, 07:35 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Blacksheepdj

While I understand your comments, that doesn't make them Gospel.

AWD isn't the greatest thing in the world. I had a Subaru. Honestly, I wasn't impressed. I'm back to FWD, you'll notice.

As for "screw the turbo, wait for the Ralliart!" comments, how the Hell does that make sense? Was I supposed to drive around the same beater car waiting for the RA to come out? I needed a car now, I bought a GTS. Also, do we have hard facts on the RA? Not that I've seen. We have rumors about turbo and AWD, but for all we know it'll just be a 200hp Lancer (like the 04 RA was compared to the 4G94 Lancer). Don't pin your hopes and dreams on rumors.

I agree, but if I am going to put 250+hp on the ground I want a LSD then.
Old Aug 13, 2007, 07:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
im keeping mine N/A. im too poor for anything else

Quick Reply: Choices, Choices, Choices