Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

RRM Turbo

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2003, 09:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RRM Turbo

Quick question I've been wondering about for quite some time. What's the difference between RRM's non-intercooled kit and the starter kit? I did a search earlier and couldn't come up with anything. GUess we all just like the RRM turbos that much
Old Jul 8, 2003, 09:53 AM
Evolved Member

The non-ic kit comes with everything you need, every nut bolt hose clamp etc. The directions are easy to follow and you do not need to go get anything.

The starter (hacker tweeker kit) does not come with the pipping, hoses, clamps, FMU (Fuel Management unit), and some other parts. You are better off getting the kit as it is proven and is definitly worth the money. After you get all the other parts you will be close to the same amount of money spent.
Old Jul 8, 2003, 10:15 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

The hacker/tweeker kit is theorically "proven" as well, but only as individual parts. Chances are if you get the kit to fail you've either 1. installed something incorrectly or 2. added something that doesn't belong or wasn't done properly.

Basically I think the hacker/tweeker kit is really only an option for people who 1. have some parts already or 2. have some experience already and want to give themselves more of a challenge.
Old Jul 8, 2003, 10:30 AM
Evolved Member

Agreed. What I meant by proven was that all the parts included in the kit are tested and work together with no problems.

edit: fixed spelling
Old Jul 8, 2003, 10:49 AM
Evolving Member

Is it true that RRM is comin out with a stage 2 kit? Rock you wanna clean out this rumor mill.
Old Jul 8, 2003, 10:54 AM
Evolved Member

Actually I believe that has already been stated. It is in the works and will be out when they are done and not a moment sooner hahah.
Old Jul 8, 2003, 11:22 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Their stage 2 will probably include injectors and something more advanced in the way of fuel management. ...Or at least that's what I'd imagine.
Old Jul 8, 2003, 11:28 AM

how much extra bang do you think the stage 2 will have. and can other with the turbo already just upgrade?
Old Jul 8, 2003, 11:39 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Rather than speculate, why don't you call or e-mail RRM and get whatever info you can so that you can at least get an informed guess?
Old Jul 8, 2003, 12:20 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Stage 2 kit from RRM is nearing completion... probably another month or so to get it all set and know what components to include. A little secret i'll let out is that RRM is trying to get kit to work with non-intercooled and intercooled kits. Also they are trying to make it safe for even stock pistons. Doing this will cut down on costs and make for easier upgrading. Expect stage 2 kit to be basic bolt ons that allow for higher more efficient boosts. The BIG cost in this upgrade so far is the ECU which will be needed for the stage 2 but is not needed for regular kit. RRM and myself are currently developing this. Once all info is collected and tested there will be dyno results and new 1/4 mile times posted. Remember RRM wants to make this upgrade cheap, easy, and 100% safe! That's why RRM is leading the way with the Lancers development.
Old Jul 8, 2003, 12:25 PM

sounds great boe cant wait to hear the news
Old Jul 8, 2003, 09:42 PM
Evolving Member

stage 2? hell I havn't even gotten stage one yet, hey boe do you know if the stage 2 will be available for autos?
Old Jul 8, 2003, 09:46 PM
Evolved Member

i believe autos can t handle that many horses. i hope they can but i am doubtfull.
Old Jul 8, 2003, 10:07 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
LOve that "CRY ME A RIVER" stufff

Adam your stuff is getting painted as we speak.
yes stage 2
yes more of everything!
yes prolly a month out!

Good thing is stage one guys can upgrade to it later.

Tested components of that thus far and getting close to getting all in one car, probably our little DRAG LAnCER. Going to run 12s for sure or die trying.

You guys are never satisfied. Therefore I am tired, probably getting a divorce and have a bad case of athletes foot!

ROAD/RACE

http://www.roadracemotorsports.com/
Old Jul 8, 2003, 10:12 PM
Evolving Member

LONG LIVE ROCK AND ALL THE GANG AT RRM!!!

Quick Reply: RRM Turbo