Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

VERY lean AFRs up top help please!!....

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2008, 06:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Complink
internal actuator with 8 psi spring.
then you are starting to have some issues since you cant keep the psi that low. You need a larger wastegate since it isnt flowing enough for you to run only 8psi.

Originally Posted by sykou
can control fuel by injector scaling, latency, and also rpm vs. load tables...
in that case, you need to start ploting the boost curve with the a/f so you can keep the tune around the 11.5-12:1 mark. What is your a/f at before boost?
Old Sep 27, 2008, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

Ya i got the rpm/load area, when im in boost, of my map maxed out(rich) so im out of adjustment already on that part so i figure its a mechanical issue with the fmu??
Old Sep 27, 2008, 06:49 PM
Evolving Member

could be. Best to pull it out and start tuning
Old Sep 30, 2008, 10:31 PM
Evolved Member

k i'm gonna experiment with some ideas that i have and ill let everyone know how it goes. thanks for all the help!
Old Oct 4, 2008, 08:32 PM
Evolved Member

Update:

So i switched to a 1:1 rising rate fpr. Removed the FMU and did a test run. My AFRs this time were even LEANER than before! I was getting 14.5-14.8 in WOT boosting 8-9 pounds.... Has anyone adjusted the latencies to compensate for WRX 440s using ECUflash? Maybe you could chime in please thanks
Old Oct 6, 2008, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by sykou
Update:

So i switched to a 1:1 rising rate fpr. Removed the FMU and did a test run. My AFRs this time were even LEANER than before! I was getting 14.5-14.8 in WOT boosting 8-9 pounds.... Has anyone adjusted the latencies to compensate for WRX 440s using ECUflash? Maybe you could chime in please thanks
Ok. Here's a brief explanation of what fuel injector latency really is:

"The latency basically says how soon the injector can start to spray after the ECU tells it to. So if you tell the ECU the injectors are slower (by increasing the latency value), the ECU will say to itself, "self, my injectors take a little while to turn on, so I better turn them on before I actually need them to". So what happens if the injectors are actually faster than you tell the ECU they are? The ECU still turns them on earlier, but they actually start injecting fuel sooner too (because they are faster at turning on, e.g. lower latency). Since they are on earlier then expected, more fuel is sprayed than expected. Therefore you run richer."

And here is a table of the stock fuel injector latencies for various Subaru injectors:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...34&postcount=2

You can start tuning by using the values for your blue WRX injectors as a reference point.
Old Oct 8, 2008, 03:02 AM
Evolved Member

ya i tried using the wrx latencies but i think they are too big so I get a really lean idle... So i used the stock injector scaling of 210, modified the MAF opening and i have a steady idle. Dont know the fuel trims yet but at WOT i see 9.8ish so I think i can lean it out a bit and up the boost to around 12 psi hopefully!!! Oh BTW im using a evo fpr