Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

White Smoke only on WOT...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2009, 12:39 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cincy
Do what you like. You wont be running a large enough turbo to notice either way nor spinning the motor high either. If/when you run a turbo with some lag, you will will understand why compression is worth it when your not a complete slug off boost.
My turbo does have a bit of lag now, but .5 CR won't really make it run sloppy, its just going to be down on power. Lag really won't be affected that much. Think about it, when you raise the head off the block, your intake to exhuast ratio stays the same, because the CR being lowered is a fixed value. In otherwords, it doesnt have an aeffect on air/fuel ratio. The thing to worry about is lowering the CR a large amount, producing such a lower temperature that it will really have a dramatic effect on the turbo spool, because the heat is what turns the turbine, not the speed of the exhuast gasses rushing by the wheel. Did you know the turbo isn't used on most vehicles as a power adder? More power is only a side benifit, its not the actual purpose of a turbocharger. I'll be sure to let you know when i get the parts though, sucks they are coming from austrailia, long time to wait.