Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

RRM Turbo in Progress

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2002, 10:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow

i see you left the ac in...i was told that my Airconditioner may have to be removed for the install on mine but now you have given me hope.... nice work guys.
Old May 28, 2002, 11:01 PM
Evolved Member

Ooh...that looks pretty...how much closer to a kit are we talking here though!? Mmm...turbo.
Old May 28, 2002, 11:57 PM
Evolving Member

Yea, how close to a kit?? THis is the one for me when it comes out.
Old May 29, 2002, 12:32 AM

Nice job on tha turbo Rock...you need to get that kit out so i can buy mine...I'm in some serious need of more power in my OZ...keep up the good work
Old May 29, 2002, 12:36 AM
Evolved Member

does (or will) the turbo kit have a header too? Not sure if it is possible to have both turbo and header??? Is this possible? Anyone?
THNX
Old May 29, 2002, 12:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by uranium9v
does (or will) the turbo kit have a header too? Not sure if it is possible to have both turbo and header??? Is this possible? Anyone?
THNX
An exhaust manifold (header) gets replaced by a turbo manifold. Turbos run off of you guessed it, exhaust gas so guess where the turbo is located.
Old May 29, 2002, 05:32 AM
Evolving Member

ooh..looks sexy

i cant wait to drive it!!
Old May 29, 2002, 05:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
expensive components

I'm curious as to why so much attention is given to the parts included in these kits such as 16G turbos, external Tial wastegates, FMIC's, Type-S
blowoff valves, blah blah....how much boost are these stock engines
going to be able to take? If all you're going to be running is 7psi
why spend all that money for that top shelf equipment? A 1g/2g turbo
eclipse can put out 250+ horses with little more than an intake
an exhaust upgrade using an old 14B or t-25 turbo and stock 1G BOV
that's with a sidemount and and internal wastegate. Of course the difference is that the engine is designed from the factory to be a turbo, but wouldn't it be better to concentrate more on fuel control and cam timing rather then heavy duty turbo components?
My point is, Lancer engines are designed to be fuel effecient. I think
you guys would see better gains by first maximing the NA aspects of
the Lancer, by advancing the timing and gaining a more aggressive fuel
map, then slowly adding boost, rather then just dumping mass quantites
of boost on a mild tuned engine.

I'm glad someone is at least trying though, don't get me wrong. I
can't wait to hear about the results. I guess since I'm not familiar
with these companies, I'd be interested to see what GReddy, DRAG, or
Apex'i would come up with, if only they were interested in our cars.
Old May 29, 2002, 10:53 AM
Evolving Member

wow, that setup is looking pretty clean....i cant wait to see the dynos. Im curious though, will the kit be cheaper than an install or what? im still deciding what to do with my money.....either turbo (this kit is looking pretty good to me) or an engine swap with the 4G63 which ive been examining with DT turbo's members to see if it will fit. If the swap works ill go with that, but your turbo is number one on my list.
Old May 29, 2002, 10:55 AM
Evolving Member

oh ya, forgot to ask,and i know members will laugh cause that company got drowned out but...... what ever happened to the members going with daves dyno's turbo?!?!?!? i have yet to meet a single person interested in there turbo.
Old May 29, 2002, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

wow, makes me wanna start saving money!

blows away any other turbo'd lancer pics ive seen on this site....................

What a great clean job, im amazed.
Old May 29, 2002, 01:28 PM

Arrow dam RRM

nice job guys, Rob, ive been trying to get a hold of you, so interested in this
Old May 29, 2002, 03:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Turbo Kits

I am not trying to get in on who does teh best turbo kit for the best price etc etc etc.

The only thing is whilst I appreciate those who have stood up and said RPW is best whilst on the other fence there are the people saying RRM is best at the end of the day, one thing needs to be clearly stated.

The turbo kit is only as good as the qaulity of the components placed into it, the research placed into it and the qaulity of the installer and tuner of the computer system.

You can have the best turbo kit in the world and produce crap power from a bad tune or installation.

From what I have read and seen I beleive RRM has done as much research and has as much experience in turbo charging the Mitsubishi Lancer in the USA as we have doing the same work in Australia.

There will always be differences in designs Ie I don't know if there turbo kits are a ball bearing or non ball bearing turbo's etc but these are minor points.

The point being that RPW is not here to flame other companies and try to say that we are the only company that knows what they are doing.

Remember that any company like RRM or RPW who has invested money into developing a turbo kit for the Mirage / Lancer vehicles has done so with two things in mind

(A) Make a profit
(B) Make a profit without the customer coming back. IE Reliability.

Its a personal choice and whilst one turbo kit may produce more power than the other, it all comes down to the combination the customer chooses.

The more money you spend the better the system you get. Anyway enough of this thats my $2.00 worth. Time will answer everyones questions.

P.S - I do resent remarks thrown at RPW stating that our products are junk - and I looked through our photo's on our website - I do not see a rusty dump pipe. That particluar vehicle was our test vehicle that our turbo kti was designed on - with stainless steel piping etc.

Whilst we could place better photo's on our website I do have better things to do like put together turbo kits for people who want them and continue researching Mitsubishi vehicles. Those photo's are a guide only.

Our products have stood the tests - ask all the mirage owners who aer happy with our products.

Unless you have proof, personally been let down by a company etc don't start flaming and shooting off at the mouth about another companies products.

David Thomas
www.rpw.com.au
Old May 29, 2002, 05:28 PM

as much as i do agree with you, you must remember that this is the internet. On the web people do and say stuff that they would never and could never be held to in real life. Fact is, most of the peop;e who will sit and knock on a performance company will stop by wal-mart on the way home to pick up performance parts. I would not take it to heart and just fugeddaboudit. i think that everyone who is working on these kits are doing great

keep up the good work everyone
Old May 29, 2002, 05:34 PM
Evolving Member

Talking RPW vs RRM

I agree with Mr. Thomas from RPW, maybe we shouldn't call their products junk, and at the same time I would like to say that RRM is my shop of preference, even though I'm on the East Coast, I appreciate the interest that RRM took on US Lancer since it came out.
Rob has researched and developed performance parts for our vehicles that get the job done! So thank you for that, and thanks to RPW as well, too bad you are all the way in Australia though!

Quick Reply: RRM Turbo in Progress