Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

03 lancer es Evo 8 build

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2010, 06:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by zulu989
changed my driver side axle and both outer tire rods today, car rides sooo smooth again, i love it, so this is what i need to know, transmission fluid drained out where the axle goes in, where and what do i replace it and how much, or when do i even know when its full?
there is a 'check' plug on your trans, u can open the check plug (its like.. a big bolt in the side of the trans that)
u technically can open it up, and just fill the trans till it starts to come out the check plug..

(there is a drain, and also a check plug.. drain is for draining fluid.. check plug is above it and is to see if the level is up to the check plug.. if its at the check plug then its full, and shouldnt just drip out, u should be able o stick ur fingure in there and feel the fluid level is at the base of the plug.)
Old Mar 21, 2010, 11:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
whats the weight of the oil and i just bought evoscan wooot
Old Mar 21, 2010, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

so i deffinetly need a walk through on how to use this program.....and dam does it sure use battery power, my laptop was fully charged and had 19% left over after 40 min of seeing what this program does. i wanna know how to use the estimated hp value. i drove around and it didnt do nething. and also how long does it log for
Old Mar 21, 2010, 01:54 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

whats the weight of the oil and i just bought evoscan wooot
75w-90 is what i use and i use amsoil. i have tried the gm scyncromesh but i feel the amsoil is better.

josh
Old Apr 13, 2010, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by JRR
75w-90 is what i use and i use amsoil. i have tried the gm scyncromesh but i feel the amsoil is better.

josh
yup I just got 3 bottles 75w-90 but went with Royal Purple. Never tried amsoil but both are name brand
Old Apr 13, 2010, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by LancerOzClint
yup I just got 3 bottles 75w-90 but went with Royal Purple. Never tried amsoil but both are name brand
If we turbo is that the kind of oil we should use? And what octane of gas should we run through the car
Old Apr 13, 2010, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Demon_ni2
there is a 'check' plug on your trans, u can open the check plug (its like.. a big bolt in the side of the trans that)
u technically can open it up, and just fill the trans till it starts to come out the check plug..

(there is a drain, and also a check plug.. drain is for draining fluid.. check plug is above it and is to see if the level is up to the check plug.. if its at the check plug then its full, and shouldnt just drip out, u should be able o stick ur fingure in there and feel the fluid level is at the base of the plug.)
I was told to use two and a half bottles but that could be wrong.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by steven121
If we turbo is that the kind of oil we should use? And what octane of gas should we run through the car
No, no, no, they are referencing to our tranmission fluid what type of oil we need. I went with Royal Purple because I don't believe that my trans fluid has ever been changed.

But it's weird when it's below freezing up here my car will grind into gear until it is fully warmed up and than it runs perfectly fine. Never really understood why.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 08:59 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by steven121
91 and higher. i personally run bp's 93 in both cars. grat gas mileage and ok price. mobils gas just sux. they use the highest amount of ethanol that they can leagally use without it being e85.

josh
Old Apr 14, 2010, 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by LancerOzClint
No, no, no, they are referencing to our tranmission fluid what type of oil we need. I went with Royal Purple because I don't believe that my trans fluid has ever been changed.

But it's weird when it's below freezing up here my car will grind into gear until it is fully warmed up and than it runs perfectly fine. Never really understood why.
That's due to the fluid being very thick in the cold temperature and not lubricating the gearing enough until it's warmed up. Same thing happens to me every winter in Chicago.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 10:41 AM
Evolved Member

only one bottle is required of gear oil. i just filled mine up bc i replaced the axle and lost it all due to the seal being bad and one bottle did the job.

but does neone no where to find out how to use evoscan
Old Apr 14, 2010, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by senate6268
That's due to the fluid being very thick in the cold temperature and not lubricating the gearing enough until it's warmed up. Same thing happens to me every winter in Chicago.
Man I wish I lived down south but I also heard that it's nice in the winter because cold air entering the engine. But ya I just hate it because any type of grinding is not good. I am going to start warming up my car just a little longer.

No problems having it so far
Old Apr 14, 2010, 11:03 AM

only one bottle is required of gear oil. i just filled mine up bc i replaced the axle and lost it all due to the seal being bad and one bottle did the job.

but does neone no where to find out how to use evoscan
One bottle?? Wow I was told to put in 2.5 of the bottles. So I guess I was ripped off 2 bottles that were $12 a piece
Old Apr 14, 2010, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If your tranny has been drained one bottle will not do it you will need 2-3 I have done mine twice.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 08:30 PM
Evolved Member

so just a quick question, will evo 9 mr door panels will fit my 03 es

Last edited by zulu989; Apr 27, 2010 at 08:33 PM.

Quick Reply: 03 lancer es Evo 8 build