Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

03 lancer es Evo 8 build

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2010, 07:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im not having any problems with mine, it feels good : )
Old Sep 6, 2010, 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by zulu989
im not having any problems with mine, it feels good : )
lol thats what she said...

(sorry im drunk..) lol
Old Sep 6, 2010, 07:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Demon_ni2
lol thats what she said...

(sorry im drunk..) lol
Can't ever have too many TWSS jokes...ie check my sig!
Old Sep 6, 2010, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by HornstarBU
Can't ever have too many TWSS jokes...ie check my sig!

hahaha hornstar hows the build coming along
Old Sep 6, 2010, 09:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Lol...
Old Sep 8, 2010, 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

for those of u doing the coolant bypass mod and hooking it straight up to the turbo instead of IAC, change it back lol. i know senate has been running it forever and i was too, but now that i am boosting more, i have pulled 2 IAC codes, today i hooked the lines back up to it and the code went away. obv i have to keep watching it but just FYI.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 05:04 PM
Evolved Member

my act clutch finally came today, car is running much better with the coolant lines back up.
Old Sep 12, 2010, 08:35 PM
Evolved Member

beat an eagle talon tsi lol, it was a pretty clean looking one, didnt know if i was gonna take it bc he pulled up to me blowing off and it sounded pretty sweet but we got into 3rd and at 3 i took off while he was still trying to build boost hahaha......only bad thing is that all i smelt was my clutch....must be slipping pretty bad : / first time i smelt it though
Old Sep 18, 2010, 12:58 PM
Evolved Member

So I'm making so much power that my clutch is dead haha, slipping like crazy
Old Sep 18, 2010, 01:41 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

So I'm making so much power that my clutch is dead haha, slipping like crazy
does it beat the one i took out of the rex?

lol

josh
Old Sep 19, 2010, 01:36 AM
Evolved Member

hey when do we get to see some vids? and how hp you making?
Old Sep 19, 2010, 06:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by steven121
hey when do we get to see some vids? and how hp you making?
well i cant do nething now bc my clutch is slipping like a motha, cant dyno untill i change the clutch so im just waiting for my trans to be done then i can go, have my motorcycle in the meantime

soon as i hit 110 it just slipps and loses power but also before that in every gear, i turned the boost down, what happens is the fluid heats up so much that i loose pressure in my pedal and have no clutch, i litterally have to pull over, wait a bit and pump my pedal till i get feeling again, im not loosing fluid either. so im not dynoing till everything is right. suck i know but it wont be too much longer. it is fast though so it deff was worth it lol.

anyone got a throttle body for me, i need a new one!!!!

i still have no leaks, no overheating, no oil blasting out the oil cap which is awesome bc i used to have a lot, only thing i wanted to know is that when i boost, should i be at 11 afr or under, right now im at 10.4-6, i think im using wayyyyy to much fuel as my mpg has dropped considerably. hwy is still 28 but city is like 18 and that sucks lol
Old Sep 19, 2010, 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

your afrs should be like that when your rpms are really high high so they can keep up with the demand of power. I got this info from a recompile video
Old Sep 19, 2010, 08:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well i cant do nething now bc my clutch is slipping like a motha, cant dyno untill i change the clutch so im just waiting for my trans to be done then i can go, have my motorcycle in the meantime

soon as i hit 110 it just slipps and loses power but also before that in every gear, i turned the boost down, what happens is the fluid heats up so much that i loose pressure in my pedal and have no clutch, i litterally have to pull over, wait a bit and pump my pedal till i get feeling again, im not loosing fluid either. so im not dynoing till everything is right. suck i know but it wont be too much longer. it is fast though so it deff was worth it lol.

i still have no leaks, no overheating, no oil blasting out the oil cap which is awesome bc i used to have a lot, only thing i wanted to know is that when i boost, should i be at 11 afr or under, right now im at 10.4-6, i think im using wayyyyy to much fuel as my mpg has dropped considerably. hwy is still 28 but city is like 18 and that sucks lol
10.4-10.6 is like an extra fuel safety cushion. You could probably lean it out to 11-11.2 and see how your knock counts are and go from there. I just ran a tank to check my mileage and 90% city and 10%hwy and boosting every time I drive (I really really REALLY tried not to boost to up my mileage but damn its hard not too lol) I got 25mpg. This tank I am on now I have been boosting less (although I had to show up my buddy in his mr2 yesterday that really hurt my mileage) this one is closer to 60%hwy 40%city and its looking like its going to land around 32mpg. Pretty darn good if you ask me. I think if I ran one full tank all highway I could get 35+ now that I switched to forced open loop and leaned out my cruising afrs to help mileage
Old Sep 19, 2010, 09:31 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

i may have my rrm one up for sale in a bit if i can five finger one from the local salvage yard.....

also if your upgrading clutch you may also want to consider doing clutch slave and clutch master as well because knowing our cars that will be the next thing to go...

Originally Posted by 03lances
10.4-10.6 is like an extra fuel safety cushion. You could probably lean it out to 11-11.2 and see how your knock counts are and go from there. I just ran a tank to check my mileage and 90% city and 10%hwy and boosting every time I drive (I really really REALLY tried not to boost to up my mileage but damn its hard not too lol) I got 25mpg. This tank I am on now I have been boosting less (although I had to show up my buddy in his mr2 yesterday that really hurt my mileage) this one is closer to 60%hwy 40%city and its looking like its going to land around 32mpg. Pretty darn good if you ask me. I think if I ran one full tank all highway I could get 35+ now that I switched to forced open loop and leaned out my cruising afrs to help mileage

i alwyas averaged around 28 or so on mine, and yes the greddy did help a bit once i put that on

josh

Quick Reply: 03 lancer es Evo 8 build