Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

03 lancer es Evo 8 build

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2010, 04:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 03lances
Could have to do with the way your car shifts mistu since hornstar and zulus are both manual

Ahh yes, you do have a point, also i have a larger "intake" section coming off the turbo, i havnt done a relocate for the battery yet, so i have a 90* bend where the batt is so that could muffle the sound a bit
Old Nov 24, 2010, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mitsu.kid.02
Ahh yes, you do have a point, also i have a larger "intake" section coming off the turbo, i havnt done a relocate for the battery yet, so i have a 90* bend where the batt is so that could muffle the sound a bit
Mine also "maxes" at 8psi, but it does most of it's work at 6psi. Zulu's sounds like it would have no problem rockin out at like way more than 9psi or whatever....if he can just barely bump it like that and hit 9psi....what's that wastegate at now?
Old Nov 25, 2010, 08:11 AM
Evolved Member

My boost controller is set to 12 bc that's the lowest I can boost at wot! U should hear it at 17 pounds!
Old Nov 25, 2010, 08:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by zulu989
My boost controller is set to 12 bc that's the lowest I can boost at wot! U should hear it at 17 pounds!

OMG man, haha thats so sick, i havnt read your build thread in a while, what do you have done to the motor? pistons, rods, cams that sort?
Old Nov 25, 2010, 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

OMG man, haha thats so sick, i havnt read your build thread in a while, what do you have done to the motor? pistons, rods, cams that sort?
All of the above lol
Old Nov 25, 2010, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

All of the above lol

lol thats sick bro you tunin it yourself?
Old Nov 25, 2010, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

No not tuning it myself, don't know a thing about tuning lol...speaking of that... With the tephra mod v7 will the CEL flash with knock even when I have a CEL
Old Nov 25, 2010, 01:27 PM
Evolved Member

No not tuning it myself, don't know a thing about tuning lol...speaking of that... With the tephra mod v7 will the CEL flash with knock even when I have a CEL
dood i asked that same question but no one answered! im hoping someone will answer this question
Old Nov 25, 2010, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

dood i asked that same question but no one answered! im hoping someone will answer this question
Yes it will
Old Nov 25, 2010, 04:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by link62
Yes it will

You da man! thanks for the answer! I think i fudged up my CEL light i wanted to make my own knock light, so i found the wire from the ecu and tried to make it work with a light but it wouldnt work, but now once i reconnected the wire, my CEL light wont turn on when i start the car, it wont turn on at all, uh ohh

Also link, are you still having trouble with warm starts?
Old Nov 25, 2010, 05:42 PM
Evolved Member

You da man! thanks for the answer! I think i fudged up my CEL light i wanted to make my own knock light, so i found the wire from the ecu and tried to make it work with a light but it wouldnt work, but now once i reconnected the wire, my CEL light wont turn on when i start the car, it wont turn on at all, uh ohh

Also link, are you still having trouble with warm starts?
yup still same as before
Old Nov 25, 2010, 05:47 PM
Evolved Member

All u have to do for a light for the CEL is to attach a positive and negative feed inside the lightbulb itself, it should hook into it or u could solder wire onto the board itself where the CEL light is , I have this big red light
Old Nov 25, 2010, 05:49 PM
Evolved Member

And yes thanks for answering that question link, won't be so worried now, but see if u can answer this? If I'm boosting and my afrs are in the 10s 11s and 12s and I'm getting no CEL flashing then what else should I have to worry about
Old Nov 25, 2010, 06:01 PM

Why not just invest that money and just buy an evo.....save=money & time ..time is the one thing u can never get back
Old Nov 25, 2010, 06:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evopaul
Why not just invest that money and just buy an evo.....save=money & time ..time is the one thing u can never get back
Why not build a motor that you can call yours? Time well spent is time you enjoy, he enjoys working on his lancer to make it something his own and something that he is proud of. The satisfaction from building something like a custom turbo, and motor, and have it the way you want it is a feeling that wont ever be understood from someone who has never done it before. How do you know he would be "saving money?" Lancer oz rally-2k-5k, an evo- 10k+ then you have to worry about if someone has been on the car etc. When you build your own, you know the condition and everything about it. dont take this the wrong way, i love evo's, im obsessed with em, there great, but people who look down on lancers need to STFU and worry about there own, there always making stupid remarks to the lancer community. Most of my evo friends love my car and are really interested in all the work that i did to it, the time that i put into the car, car enthusiests enjoy and respect it, to me and many others who do custom kits, the time is not wasted at all.

Quick Reply: 03 lancer es Evo 8 build