Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

RRM Turbo installed/completed

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2009, 10:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i think if you dont like there parts dont buy them i see most of there stuff fairly priced compared to other companies that have higher prices so im good with the prices. the only thing that is over priced to me is the turbo really but there is such a high demand for turbos for our cars and nobody else has a turbo out so in a way its not a bad price.. so my point is buy there parts if you like them if not then just dont i havnt heard anyone say anything bad about there parts that i know of so thats with what im going with
Old Apr 10, 2009, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by ROCK
I call BS to your BS! Funny thing is it is not that important to me and I am too busy turboing cars to make up stories about 2 cars that I owned and built!. I still have dyno sheets for the EVO in question from when I owned it but I do not need to please you that badly. FWD with a little less power will keep up with AWD car with 50-70 more h.p. just because of drivetrain loss and added weight of being AWD. I see you B.S. and match it! You just like to argue. We all think you are funny.

ROAD/RACE
are u kind of mad?

I have to see it to believe IT!!
Old Apr 10, 2009, 09:16 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by superlancer80
i think if you dont like there parts dont buy them i see most of there stuff fairly priced compared to other companies that have higher prices so im good with the prices. the only thing that is over priced to me is the turbo really but there is such a high demand for turbos for our cars and nobody else has a turbo out so in a way its not a bad price.. so my point is buy there parts if you like them if not then just dont i havnt heard anyone say anything bad about there parts that i know of so thats with what im going with
your missing the point..nobodys saying dont buy RRM products boycott them. your totally off subject of the point being discussed which is that Rocks claim about being neck and neck with an evo 8 is BS. as i said before unless the evo 8 driver was god awful..its not happening. i understand marketing but dont make your product seem like something its not.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 09:19 AM
Account Disabled

yeah rock you kinda shot yourself in the foot making that claim. there are experienced lancer tuners out there and we pretty much know thats not possible if you had decent drivers in both cars..maybe you should run a Civic Si since everyone loves that battle but not an evo 8. its not in the lancers league
Old Apr 10, 2009, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

maybe he was talking about the older lancers
Old Apr 10, 2009, 03:18 PM

i doubt he was talking about the old lancers
Old Apr 10, 2009, 04:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LuDa
well look at fujita, everyone knows about there crap..but they are still around..and people still buy there stuff.. im not buying any products i dont need i have looked into a couple of RRM products before. but there is a difference between marketing and bluntly making your product look like something its not..and thats hang neck and neck with a modded evo 8..

and as for the post above i agree..thats some of the things that went through my head when i read the post.

lol yeah i thought the car was gonna respond good to an intake..
Um last I read the statement Rob made it was said that the lancer was able to keep up with their evo 8. First I really doubt it was a drag race from a dead stop situation. I believe that they have access to a track to test their cars on. And that this is a road course and not a drag strip race. Some of you are reading way to much into what Rob says to build your trashfest. KEEP UP WITH NOT NECK AND NECK OR BEAT AN EVO, BUT KEPT UP WITH AN EVO.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 08:12 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Stuntfly02
Um last I read the statement Rob made it was said that the lancer was able to keep up with their evo 8. First I really doubt it was a drag race from a dead stop situation. I believe that they have access to a track to test their cars on. And that this is a road course and not a drag strip race. Some of you are reading way to much into what Rob says to build your trashfest. KEEP UP WITH NOT NECK AND NECK OR BEAT AN EVO, BUT KEPT UP WITH AN EVO.
he clearly stated that it was from a roll..which im sure everyone assumes he was on some sort of drag..dosent matter where it is..track or road, he said he hung right next to one..thats self explanatory. so when your right next to a car is that not neck and neck? either way that 8 should have easily put a car or 2 on him which would dismiss the hanging right next to thing. i dont think anyone is reading too much it was pretty much interpreted the same way from everyone. and the fact that rock came back and made an excuse talking about the weight or whatever shows that he meant what he said.
Old Apr 11, 2009, 04:32 PM

nothing new!
Old Apr 11, 2009, 08:38 PM

we ever gonna see a drive-by video on youtube?
Old Apr 11, 2009, 09:07 PM
Evolved Member

of what..this turbo kit?? its already up there man
Old Apr 11, 2009, 10:29 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oxjI...e=channel_page
video shows a turbo 08 lancer

edit: if you r talking about serious' video of a drive by.. I dont think he has one yet but looks like sometime this month looking at his previous post... I too want to see that...

Last edited by lester47s; Apr 11, 2009 at 10:47 PM.
Old Apr 12, 2009, 02:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Its possible for a FWD lancer with 230whp to keep up with a 280whp Evo 8. I have 2 friends (1 with an evo 9 running about 320whp and 1 with an SRT4 running about 245whp) and from a roll of about 10mph the SRT4 pretty much always wins unless he messes up. From a dead stop the evo crushes him tho.

Going in a straight line from a rool, FWD is better than AWD. Not to mention the Evo 8 only has Mivec on the intake and not exhaust and the new Lancers have Mivec on both, coupled with the difference in weight, FWD vs AWD from a roll, powertrain loss, higher compression in the lancer which would give it a better chance in the lower RPM range, and the 08+Lancers have a 51% stiffer chassis than the Evo 8 and Evo 9 which helps keep it to the ground and keep it tight and straight around turns. I'd still rather have an Evo tho.
Old Apr 12, 2009, 07:51 AM
Account Disabled

^ well the evo 8 with those mods was not at 280whp more like 310-330 100 more at the wheels.

and your friend in the evo 9 must be a bad driver..no way if theyre both decent drivers that he should be beat with almost 100 more at the wheels..SRTs arent that much better in low ends to make drastic difference anyway.

in the end..a 230whp lancer and a 330 whp evo 8 your not gonna be close unless you have a bad driver in the 8 which had to be the case if theres any truth to the story..the evo wouldnt be the evo today if kids with lancers and other cars were just slapping turbos on there and getting 100whp less and beating evos.
Old Apr 12, 2009, 08:44 AM

I was talking about a true drive-by. Hear the turbo in action, not a revving in park.

Originally Posted by I Am God
of what..this turbo kit?? its already up there man

Quick Reply: RRM Turbo installed/completed