Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

RRM Turbo installed/completed

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2009, 04:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
any huw just post the video here so everyone can see it!!!

one other thing can any one explain tome what is an open deck and a close deck when referring to turbo and NA settings!>?
Old Apr 20, 2009, 05:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LuDa
^^ very true..serious if its anyone who dosent know a lot about the car its you man.

you were the one that made the post "oh well i can just buy evo X internals and turn up the boost and this car will be fast!"

everyone called you out on that one that you didnt do the proper research or that you didnt know that its more than just internals for the car..also that you really cant even use the evo X internals..its much more than just swapping those if you want to push power which you seem to didnt know until everyone else said something about it.
are you talking to me?? actually you can put evo x internals in the 4B11...they DO fit. also, i never said I could do that. thats why i started a thread asking the difference between the 4B11 and 4B11T, and asked what I would have to do to turn up the boost. that being said, absolutely no one "called me out," they just said it couldnt be done because of the block. that thread was my research, so I had no prior knowledge about turning up the boost, and once the people had responded, I was informed. Also, i knew that swapping internals wasnt the only thing I would need to do....again, thats why i started that thread!!!!

4B11 compared to 4B11T

Last edited by yitzac1990; Apr 20, 2009 at 05:32 PM.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 05:33 PM
Account Disabled

i was referring to serious.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

oh really? hahaha wow im real sorry man....yeah i forgot serious said all that. sorry!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 20, 2009, 05:39 PM
Evolving Member

Rob-Daddy.

When i post up the vid finally I'll call you up and let you know.

Your Kit is kick ***!
Old Apr 20, 2009, 05:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evolve247
Rob-Daddy.

When i post up the vid finally I'll call you up and let you know.

Your Kit is kick ***!
POOOOOOOOOOOOOST!!!!!!!!

replace "pics" with "videos" lol
Old Apr 20, 2009, 05:45 PM
Evolving Member

im not ashamed to admit. this place can suck some serious *** sometimes.

no pun intended for Serious08

I take requests from this place very lightly. I know i know..complete @$$hole....ah well

vrooooooooooooooooooooooom psh
Old Apr 20, 2009, 05:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evolve247
im not ashamed to admit. this place can suck some serious *** sometimes.

no pun intended for Serious08

I take requests from this place very lightly. I know i know..complete @$$hole....ah well

vrooooooooooooooooooooooom psh
if you have a turbo and a video, then why not post it?
Old Apr 20, 2009, 08:20 PM
Evolved Member

My reference wasn't pointing out that I know everything about turbos or the car. It was pointing out that those of you that are bagging the kit have never installed a turbo and/or done the tuning in an 08 Lancer. Until then, you have no idea. Only Rob and Brian know what it takes to accomplish this. I don't know what it takes, I just know know how to install one on the 08/09 Lancers.

And yes Luda, evo x internals will work. Does it mean its a direct swap or plug-n-play??? Of course not. Doesn't mean they won't work.

But whatever. You seem to be king douch around here so continue talking out your douch nozzle and critizing a kit you have absolutely no experience with.

The offer still stands for you to bring up which ever car you want (Evo, GTS, Si) to Ft Worth for a "fun run" and first hand look at the kit.

Last edited by SeRious08; Apr 20, 2009 at 08:24 PM.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 08:42 PM
Evolving Member

If you pay for my transportation over ill go to a dealer for a test drive and we'll see serious lol
Old Apr 20, 2009, 09:10 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by SeRious08
My reference wasn't pointing out that I know everything about turbos or the car. It was pointing out that those of you that are bagging the kit have never installed a turbo and/or done the tuning in an 08 Lancer. Until then, you have no idea. Only Rob and Brian know what it takes to accomplish this. I don't know what it takes, I just know know how to install one on the 08/09 Lancers.

And yes Luda, evo x internals will work. Does it mean its a direct swap or plug-n-play??? Of course not. Doesn't mean they won't work.

But whatever. You seem to be king douch around here so continue talking out your douch nozzle and critizing a kit you have absolutely no experience with.

The offer still stands for you to bring up which ever car you want (Evo, GTS, Si) to Ft Worth for a "fun run" and first hand look at the kit.
evo x internals will work..but the compression is way differnt thanwhat you need since evos come much more boosted than the 6-7psi your running..same with why lancer owners right now wouldnt benifit from evo x internals..compression..and even if you did get the internals..theres lots more things that you would have to upgrade..that currently no aftermarket companies support.. which was kinda argument in the other thread on why the lancer isnt a racecar.

im not being a douche as said before i dont have to have the kit to know about it..this turbo kit isnt a one of a kind never before seen kind of thing like your making it seem. i dont know why your big and bad calling out people to come up to race you when it would be a waste of time..you called out an IS350 or 250 whatever which is obviously out of your league, same with an evo.. you should be challenging cars more in your league no offense more like a turbo TC or a Bolt on Si,Ralliart, MS3 things along those lines..

Last edited by LuDa; Apr 20, 2009 at 09:13 PM.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 11:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by yitzac1990
are you talking to me?? actually you can put evo x internals in the 4B11...they DO fit. also, i never said I could do that. thats why i started a thread asking the difference between the 4B11 and 4B11T, and asked what I would have to do to turn up the boost. that being said, absolutely no one "called me out," they just said it couldnt be done because of the block. that thread was my research, so I had no prior knowledge about turning up the boost, and once the people had responded, I was informed. Also, i knew that swapping internals wasnt the only thing I would need to do....again, thats why i started that thread!!!!

4B11 compared to 4B11T

Actually I already looked into that and you wont be able to transplant 4b11t internals into the 4b11. You would have to just do a complete swap if you want to up the boost. Compression ratios on the two blocks are entirely different. If you want to up the boost you'll need to either do a 4b11t swap or find a shop that will custom forge them... It sucks

Just keep your fingers crossed that a tuning company will pick up the lancer.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 11:43 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LuDa
evo x internals will work..but the compression is way differnt thanwhat you need since evos come much more boosted than the 6-7psi your running..same with why lancer owners right now wouldnt benifit from evo x internals..compression..and even if you did get the internals..theres lots more things that you would have to upgrade..that currently no aftermarket companies support.. which was kinda argument in the other thread on why the lancer isnt a racecar.

im not being a douche as said before i dont have to have the kit to know about it..this turbo kit isnt a one of a kind never before seen kind of thing like your making it seem. i dont know why your big and bad calling out people to come up to race you when it would be a waste of time..you called out an IS350 or 250 whatever which is obviously out of your league, same with an evo.. you should be challenging cars more in your league no offense more like a turbo TC or a Bolt on Si,Ralliart, MS3 things along those lines..
Sorry Luda but MS3's are WAY out of his league 270hp stock and respond so well to bolt ons you can get to 300 with all bolt ons w/ stock turbo... I wold say Cobalt SS, stock Ralliarts, Turbo XRS's and TC's... And you can put the X's internals in your car, doesn't mean it'll run...
Old Apr 20, 2009, 11:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SeRious08

Honestly dude you aren't going to take any evo... And no the X's internals wont work. If you honestly think they will than buy the Works Stroker kit and up your boost.

You need to keep your head straight on your shoulders, all Luda is trying to do is inject a little realism into you. IS350's are out of your league, on paper and on pavement. You are shooting way to high for the actual capability of your car. And stop street racing... 20/40/60mph rolls are literally the worst way to compare your car to others. HONK, HONK, GO HONK!.... One car will always get the jump on the other. take it to a track and race it from 0mph and don't forget to heat the tires. With out a LSD a bolt-on Si will get the jump on you and from there it is a toss up.

for the last time people the X's internals won't work... If you honestly believe they will than try it. It's not my car you will be destroying.
Old Apr 21, 2009, 05:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mayhem7o2
Honestly dude you aren't going to take any evo... And no the X's internals wont work. If you honestly think they will than buy the Works Stroker kit and up your boost.
Interesting. I never heard him say he would take an evo.

"The offer still stands for you to bring up which ever car you want (Evo, GTS, Si) to Ft Worth for a "fun run" and first hand look at the kit."

Quick Reply: RRM Turbo installed/completed