Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

RRM Turbo installed/completed

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2009, 06:56 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EngRWW33
Interesting. I never heard him say he would take an evo.

"The offer still stands for you to bring up which ever car you want (Evo, GTS, Si) to Ft Worth for a "fun run" and first hand look at the kit."

but why would anyone want to drive 4 hours to do a fun run that already knows the outcome? makes no sense.. he did though say he could probably take the guy that has an IS350. sure they arent evos but the car pushes 300+hp.

nobody is hating just saying dont get your head in the clouds like you have a fast car thinking you can do this and that without doing proper research. all people are saying.. "hating" is if people were saying your car sucks throw it away you wasted your money on that POS which no one is saying..so you need to figure the definition of hating and constructive criticism

Last edited by LuDa; Apr 21, 2009 at 06:58 AM.
Old Apr 21, 2009, 10:26 AM
Evolving Member

Interesting. I never heard him say he would take an evo.

"The offer still stands for you to bring up which ever car you want (Evo, GTS, Si) to Ft Worth for a "fun run" and first hand look at the kit."

... He just said bring which ever car Evo GTS Si down for a "fun run" which I am taking it as he was hinting at racing Luda. And if he is boasting about walking a is350 that would mean he would be able to compete with evo's and that is BS. You guys are getting way to ahead of yourselves. Haterade??? why would I "hate on" serious? I am just calling BS on him taking out an IS350... My buddys rsx when he was supercharged struggled with IS350's and he was pushing 262whp/had LSD's/drag radials/and his car weighs 400+lbs less than yours at that time. As I said if you aren't on the strip than you can't compare your car. Once you post some numbers maybe than we can know for sure how fast you really are. Until than don't boast about taking on IS350's and other cars that are out of the lancers league.

Last edited by Mayhem7o2; Apr 21, 2009 at 10:36 AM.
Old Apr 21, 2009, 10:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LuDa
nobody is hating just saying dont get your head in the clouds like you have a fast car thinking you can do this and that without doing proper research. all people are saying..
How is this constructive criticism? I see nothing constructive about this statement. All I see is someone saying, "oh, your turboed but guess what you are still not fast."

How many times have you seen the phrase "should have just bought an evo"?? Too many times, is this constructive??

Whether you think so or not, I have seen nothing in these turbo threads but hating. "You car will never beat an SI, or an EVo, or a WRX, etc etc... "

If Serious claims he can take car A, B, or C the only person who can disprove this claim is car A, B, or C. So until they come around.... I can understand that Haterade is going to be the drink of choice here.

FYI... I understand hating as calling someone out on a claim with nothing to back it up other then speculation or numbers. "Oh, well this has 300+hp and your has 220 hp so yours will never win" This statement is useless

Last edited by EngRWW33; Apr 21, 2009 at 11:00 AM.
Old Apr 21, 2009, 11:47 AM
Evolving Member

How is this constructive criticism? I see nothing constructive about this statement. All I see is someone saying, "oh, your turboed but guess what you are still not fast."

How many times have you seen the phrase "should have just bought an evo"?? Too many times, is this constructive??

Whether you think so or not, I have seen nothing in these turbo threads but hating. "You car will never beat an SI, or an EVo, or a WRX, etc etc... "

If Serious claims he can take car A, B, or C the only person who can disprove this claim is car A, B, or C. So until they come around.... I can understand that Haterade is going to be the drink of choice here.

FYI... I understand hating as calling someone out on a claim with nothing to back it up other then speculation or numbers. "Oh, well this has 300+hp and your has 220 hp so yours will never win" This statement is useless
That statement is extremely ignorant to say. A 302hp and a 220hp car both driven by PROFESSIONAL drivers will always yeild the same results. 302hp IS350 will always take the 220hp Turbo Lancer on a walk. Serious nor the IS350 he claims he walked are professional drivers. They weren't even on the strip which makes this entire discussion pointless. I know for a fact he can not take a good driver in a is350.

Lancer-
220hp at 6000rpm
3120lbs
FWD w/o LSD's
5-speed

IS350
302hp at 6400rpm
3518lbs
RWD w/ LSD's
6-speed close ratio
1/4 time of 14.00

If my buddys rsx that weighs 400lbs less than serious08's lancer(800lbs less than the IS350) and pulls 40+hp struggled to pull on IS350's than serious raced a sh** driver. No one cares if you beat a crappy driver... That doesn't mean you beat that car. If you are tuning your car to compete with a certain model than your tuning your car for the wrong reason.

Last edited by Mayhem7o2; Apr 21, 2009 at 11:51 AM.
Old Apr 21, 2009, 11:57 AM
Account Disabled

your throwing so many random things out there is crazy..since when did anyone say you should have just bought an evo? the TRUTH of the matter is yes you are turbod but you still are not fast..thats not hating its the plain truth. dont categorize yourself with cars you obviously cant compete with. just like if someone came in here with a honda fit saying they beat lancers all the time you guys would be all on top of him. if you do research of the car just like everyone here has said a while ago. the cars maximum potential is not as high that of An Si,WRX or other cars along those lines.

so if we're all being REALISTIC technically with both being decent drivers you are not going to have a chance against an evo,Sti,or IS350 thats the way it is i dont see how pointing out the obvious is "hating" if he said yeah ill call out a turbo TC. ok great go for it..thats something i would be interested in seeing. but dont call out a car that puts 2x as much power than your car stock.

in other words its not a claim if you say he cant beat an evo..do you have to drag a Mustang v6 and a mustang GT to know that the GT is faster? no. would you have to drag a turbo fit vs an evo to know whats faster? no these things are obvious which people have been pointing out. i know some of you take pride in your cars and have big plans but the truth of the matter is..just like the previous generation lancers we will probably never seen more than a 300hp lancer. i have one myself so im not hating on the car..
Old Apr 21, 2009, 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
-- getting back on topic... --

Last edited by EngRWW33; Apr 21, 2009 at 12:14 PM.
Old Apr 21, 2009, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

use PM's..??
Old Apr 21, 2009, 12:55 PM

i dont think anyone here is hating just stating the facts i guess but if i were to turbo my lancer it wouldnt be to compete with evos, is350s or anything like that i would just get it to make my car faster and have around 215/235 or so whp which is reasonable i really dont care about the car being 300whp which isnt possible right now but i mean a 215/235 car would be a really good gain for these lancers i think because not alot of people have evos or is350s so that is the reason why i think the turbo is worth it because you should be able to compete with most cars in the street just not the 1/10 cars that have an evo lol but back to the topic good job on your turbo im sure you noticed a huge difference keep us posted and updated as you brake it in!
Old Apr 21, 2009, 01:38 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by superlancer80
i dont think anyone here is hating just stating the facts i guess but if i were to turbo my lancer it wouldnt be to compete with evos, is350s or anything like that i would just get it to make my car faster and have around 215/235 or so whp which is reasonable i really dont care about the car being 300whp which isnt possible right now but i mean a 215/235 car would be a really good gain for these lancers i think because not alot of people have evos or is350s so that is the reason why i think the turbo is worth it because you should be able to compete with most cars in the street just not the 1/10 cars that have an evo lol but back to the topic good job on your turbo im sure you noticed a huge difference keep us posted and updated as you brake it in!
agreed. if i never had an evo or an si. i would turbo the lancer not to compete with higher cars but just to have a fairly quick daily driver or to be faster than your average car. because right now theres many normal everyday cars out there that can beat the lancer like maximas,altimas,Sonatas,mustangs, you know every day cars but with turbo would probably put you above or slightly above the rest of those speed wise. so for the most part you hit it on the head of what most people who want to turbo a lancer (that know its limited capabilities)
Old Apr 22, 2009, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mayhem7o2
Honestly dude you aren't going to take any evo... And no the X's internals wont work. If you honestly think they will than buy the Works Stroker kit and up your boost.

You need to keep your head straight on your shoulders, all Luda is trying to do is inject a little realism into you. IS350's are out of your league, on paper and on pavement. You are shooting way to high for the actual capability of your car. And stop street racing... 20/40/60mph rolls are literally the worst way to compare your car to others. HONK, HONK, GO HONK!.... One car will always get the jump on the other. take it to a track and race it from 0mph and don't forget to heat the tires. With out a LSD a bolt-on Si will get the jump on you and from there it is a toss up.

for the last time people the X's internals won't work... If you honestly believe they will than try it. It's not my car you will be destroying.
With the right amount of money, you can make anything work. Again, I never said that it would be plug-n-play.

Really, an IS350 is out of my league? Wonder why I beat one. It all depends on a driver. I have seen a car with 700 hp run 15s. I guess I should have stated that the driver of the IS350 was out of my league.

And what makes you think I am street racing. I never stated that. Maybe, just maybe my uncle owns a private airstrip for his plane and allows us local boys to come out and run.

Last edited by SeRious08; Apr 22, 2009 at 10:55 AM.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LuDa
said before i dont have to have the kit to know about it..this turbo kit isnt a one of a kind never before seen kind of thing like your making it seem.
Yes, to a point. But we are dealing with a completely new engine and ECU. None of you know how the engine responds to a turbo. Look at the 1000 different kits for a Honda Civic. They all post different results and make the car respond differently. This kit may post 250 whp, it may post 175 whp. No one know right now. So how can you put down a kit and claim as proof of whats in my class??
Old Apr 22, 2009, 11:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mayhem7o2
That statement is extremely ignorant to say. A 302hp and a 220hp car both driven by PROFESSIONAL drivers will always yeild the same results. 302hp IS350 will always take the 220hp Turbo Lancer on a walk. Serious nor the IS350 he claims he walked are professional drivers. They weren't even on the strip which makes this entire discussion pointless. I know for a fact he can not take a good driver in a is350.

Lancer-
220hp at 6000rpm
3120lbs
FWD w/o LSD's
5-speed

IS350
302hp at 6400rpm
3518lbs
RWD w/ LSD's
6-speed close ratio
1/4 time of 14.00
Your numbers are SEVERLY skewed!!!! You are comparing WHP on the Lancer to CHP (crank hp) with the IS350. So your numbers need a reality check.

Not only that, last I checked the 2006 IS350 posted 306 hp.

So that 306 hp quickly changes when you factor in the drivetrain lose.

Average drivetrain lose is 15% - 20%

306 - 15% = 260.1
306 - 17% = 254.0
306 - 20% = 244.8

Lets take the mean (middle) of 17%. A Lancer with 220 whp is only down 34 hp. Now factor in the Lexus is 400 pounds heavier. It would be real hard for the Lexus to make up that much ground.

Oh and the IS350 runs a 14.2 with a professional driver. Not a 16 year old kid.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 11:54 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SeRious08
Your numbers are SEVERLY skewed!!!! You are comparing WHP on the Lancer to CHP (crank hp) with the IS350. So your numbers need a reality check.

Not only that, last I checked the 2006 IS350 posted 306 hp.

So that 306 hp quickly changes when you factor in the drivetrain lose.

Average drivetrain lose is 15% - 20%

306 - 15% = 260.1
306 - 17% = 254.0
306 - 20% = 244.8

Lets take the mean (middle) of 17%. A Lancer with 220 whp is only down 34 hp. Now factor in the Lexus is 400 pounds heavier. It would be real hard for the Lexus to make up that much ground.

Oh and the IS350 runs a 14.2 with a professional driver. Not a 16 year old kid.
You haven't dynod your car yet and I am going off of a 60hp gain at the crank for your lancer (220hp). As I said if you aren't racing a driver of the same level than you aren't comparing cars effectively. winning a race is up to the driver. If you were both professionals I can guarantee much different results.
I really doubt your car is pushing 220whp... that would be a 80whp gain (give or take)... Those are huge numbers for an econo box. I would say you are pushing 200whp as of now and 230hp at the crank. That 400lbs. wouldn't factor in at this hp gap. the general rule of thumb is 100lbs = 1/10 of a sec (give or take). From a stop the IS would take off faster since it has an LSD and reach 2nd/3rd/4th gears faster than you will, since it has the 6-speed close ratio gearbox.

So if you raced a crappy driver than you beat a crappy driver but you didn't beat the IS350. Also unless you are racing on a paved strip with a time board than this is irrelevant. You still didn't post a time. and the IS350 stock runs a 14 flat with a pro driver.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 12:08 PM
Account Disabled

Yes, to a point. But we are dealing with a completely new engine and ECU. None of you know how the engine responds to a turbo. Look at the 1000 different kits for a Honda Civic. They all post different results and make the car respond differently. This kit may post 250 whp, it may post 175 whp. No one know right now. So how can you put down a kit and claim as proof of whats in my class??
With the right amount of money, you can make anything work. Again, I never said that it would be plug-n-play.

Really, an IS350 is out of my league? Wonder why I beat one. It all depends on a driver. I have seen a car with 700 hp run 15s. I guess I should have stated that the driver of the IS350 was out of my league.

And what makes you think I am street racing. I never stated that. Maybe, just maybe my uncle owns a private airstrip for his plane and allows us local boys to come out and run.
the 2.4L lancer didnt dyno but 200somthing at the wheels say 220, you have the 2.0 which will be lower than that..sure nobody knows how the engine responds but from the gains that we've seen and what you look at on paper..it didnt take a rocket scientist to see that the motor wasnt going to respond very well to a turbo kit. because its not made for one. its very easy to tell what cars are in your class..you cant turbo a eco car like a corolla and expect go gain 100hp. same with a lancer, TC and other cars in the lancers league.

as far as the IS350 even if you do have a 220 car at the crank which is around what i wuold expect for the 2.0 Turbo, you still have the IS which is 306 and 277tq. the car goes 0-60 in about 5.5 seconds..and lets be honest a turbo lancer isnt getting near that. yes its an extra 400 but that 400 isnt going to give you the advantage having 80+ less hp. if you were doing a drag the 350 only comes in an automatic six speed. so in a drag the driver dosent matter..you mash your foot to the ground and hold it straight so there isnt really any "bad driver" in that case which means either the other driver let you win, or your falsely claiming to beat this car, or you had a kid with downsyndrome driving the IS with paddle shifters shifting horribly.

Amby said it good in the other thread
Originally Posted by ambystom01
What do you mean "league"? A Lancer with a turbo kit isn't in the same league as an Evo, sorry but it's not. Sure you might be as fast in a straight line but you don't have the same level of traction, the same handling, the same braking ability, etc. Moreover, all the Evo guy has to do is get a TBE and a tune and you have to spend another 5000$ just to keep up. Mod your car to make you happy, not to be something it's not. A Lancer with a turbo kit can be a really fun car but it's no Evo/STI/IS300.
maybe you should read through the https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/la...ml#post6847193 thread again to realize that nobody has to have a turbo lancer to know what league its in.

Last edited by LuDa; Apr 22, 2009 at 12:12 PM.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

Oy.....

Quick Reply: RRM Turbo installed/completed