Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

RRM Turbo installed/completed

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2009, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 09_Lancer_GTS
i dunno autozone, discount, napa.... the alignment tool is plastic..... thats all...
ohhh ok then lol
Old May 25, 2009, 07:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Brian raced some RA guy the other day with our car....... Think he posted in this thread or another about it.

ROAD/RACE
Old May 25, 2009, 09:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ROCK
Brian raced some RA guy the other day with our car....... Think he posted in this thread or another about it.

ROAD/RACE
it wasnt this thread.... did Brian win?
Old May 26, 2009, 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LuDa
yeah i was referring to a 15k 06 Si from a turbo kit you can easily get around 300 at the wheels..

you may put around the same HP as a stock Ralliart, bu the fact that your missing so many other things the ralliart has.. such as AWD i couldnt consider it a great investment, swap the AWD with an outlander or RA for under the price for the RA then you have a good investment. other reason why i dont think its a good investment is that you wont push that much more hp than you do now, the lancer is Limited to the amount of power you can push with that 4b11 motor. sure you can swap internals but will it work? no you cant run evo compressions on a lancer with the amount of boost that you have. and i highly doubt any company will hop on the bandwagon and make the right internals to really push the car. with the RA you start at that point..and hell you have pretty much the same potential as the evo MR. highest whp ive heard of to date was around 400whp. thats something the lancer would never get close to seeing.
First, you can't compare a 4 year old car to a 1 year old car with a newly designed engine. Price the turbos when the k20s first came out. They too were near $5,000. Give the 4B11 another 2-3 years, and the prices will drop. If you are going to compare an 06, then compare it with an 06. I can pick up an 06 Lancer for $8k and drop another $8k into to be near the price of the Civic. Then the Civic must drop more money to be able to touch the Lancer.

Second, WOW! Since you are a Honda nut-hugger, you of all people should know that everyone said the exact same thing about them. Don't say it can't be done. Remember, the 4b11 is barely reaching its 2 year mark. It took Honda lovers several years to reach full potential.
Old May 26, 2009, 12:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SeRious08
First, you can't compare a 4 year old car to a 1 year old car with a newly designed engine. Price the turbos when the k20s first came out. They too were near $5,000. Give the 4B11 another 2-3 years, and the prices will drop. If you are going to compare an 06, then compare it with an 06. I can pick up an 06 Lancer for $8k and drop another $8k into to be near the price of the Civic. Then the Civic must drop more money to be able to touch the Lancer.

Second, WOW! Since you are a Honda nut-hugger, you of all people should know that everyone said the exact same thing about them. Don't say it can't be done. Remember, the 4b11 is barely reaching its 2 year mark. It took Honda lovers several years to reach full potential.
actually the k20 saw internals within the 2 year mark... 4b11/12's are most likely not going to be seeing internals at all. Mugen had a fully built rsx before the damn thing was released. The fact is Honda's are much more popular tuners and are going to get far more attention than the Lancer. Hell there is already a k20 fit here in vegas and another 200whp turbo fit... And you can't compare an 09 civic ex or Si to a lancer becuase both the Ex's r18 and Si's k20 already have internals so that shatters your argument. If you are going to compare cars dollar to HP value than you better compare it to all other price range cars regardless the year. Hell I could pick up a stock 03 evo for 18k and not even have to do anything to it to beat a turbo lancer. Get your head out of the clouds and come back down to reality! when you are comparing cars dollar per hp value than you can't just say it is limited to a certain year.

For someone who is tuning an economy FF you certainly have a hard time giving respect where it is due. What is this prejudice you have against hondas? Are hondas rice or something to you? cuz if that is what you are thinking than let me straighten you out a bit... Civics are FF's... you are driving an FF... What makes you think the honda's FF is worse than 's? Are honda's worse because their economy friendly r18 can handle more psi than your 4b11? or the fact that the r18 has internals out?

Honda civics will always have more potential than a lancer. GET OVER IT! Stop humping 's leg! no one likes a fan boy...
Old May 26, 2009, 01:34 PM

Why is it that you can only turbocharge the 5 speed but not the cvt?
Old May 26, 2009, 01:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mayhem7o2
Honda civics will always have more potential than a lancer. GET OVER IT! Stop humping 's leg! no one likes a fan boy...
thats definitely true, especially since the lancer, even though it looks better (IMO), is geared more towards fuel economy, and the Si is still geared towards performance. just the name practically gives it more potential..."Honda." Honda makes cars, boat engines, motorcycles, lawnmowers (), and a whole bunch of other stuff. Mitsubishi is only known for cars.

BUT, most people hear "honda civic" and immediately do think "rice," although thats sometimes not the case. ive seen many shops build 8, 9, 10 sec drag civics because of the potential of the motors....no one is going to build a drag lancer anytime soon....
Old May 26, 2009, 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mguerrero
Why is it that you can only turbocharge the 5 speed but not the cvt?
because the CVT has more electronics involved with it and a turbo would mess all that up.....idk the specifics, but something along those lines lol. ask Rob at RRM
Old May 26, 2009, 03:05 PM
Evolved Member

No, my argument with Hondas is that there is no creativity with them. When you can go to the local Wal Mart and buy "performance" parts specifically made for a Civic, you know its gotten to a crap stage. No matter what the potential. Besides, I still love the slogan "Hondas are like tampons, every ***** has one."

And I am by far not a "fan boy". I can prove that with my previous 6 cars.

Last edited by SeRious08; May 27, 2009 at 06:53 AM.
Old May 26, 2009, 03:55 PM
Former Sponsor

I have those CF speaker pods for you dude. I will ship them this week and tell me how they go!

ROAD/RACE
Old May 26, 2009, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

I have those CF speaker pods for you dude. I will ship them this week and tell me how they go!

ROAD/RACE
speaker pods......WHAT?!?!?! more info! lol
Old May 26, 2009, 10:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SeRious08
No, my argument with Hondas is that there is no creativity with them. When you can go to the local Wal Mart and buy "performance" parts specifically made for a Civic, you know its gotten to a crap stage. No matter what the potential. Besides, I still love the slogan "Hondas are like tampons, every ***** has one."

And I am by far a "fan boy". I can prove that with my previous 6 cars.
A car is only as creative as it's owner. Ya there are a lot of civics but no two are alike. It is the same with the evo x's, I have see a lot of x's and if they weren't stock than they didn't look the same as the next x. There are civics out there that look like crap and there are civics that look gorgeous, and the same thing goes with lancers. There are people on this very forum that I look at their creation and wonder "wtf?"

Creativity is in the hands of the inventor. There are a lot of civics but once in awhile I find one that screams out to me and I find myself starring. if you check out 8thgencivic forum you'll see many unique variations on the civic. The reason why you see so many is because H knows how to make a good FF... Locks down the FA department by far and I have always loved the Evo but if I wanted a good FF it would be a MS3 or an Si hands down.
Old May 27, 2009, 06:51 AM
Evolved Member

ROAD/RACE
Thanks Rock. Can't wait.
Old May 27, 2009, 06:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by yitzac1990
speaker pods......WHAT?!?!?! more info! lol
Its a secret project among others that Rob and I have been working on. There is more stuff coming.
Old May 27, 2009, 07:06 AM
Former Sponsor

Top secret but they will be for sale shortly. Serious is the brains behind it though so he get the first set.

ROAD/RACE

Quick Reply: RRM Turbo installed/completed