Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

List of Turboed Lancers

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2009, 06:40 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well we wanted some pics. heres one of the engine. i will get some more soon.

josh
Old Oct 19, 2009, 02:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by zulu989
1 st and 2nd in my car spins all the way to 50 mph! sucks!!! i neeeeeed tires. i bounce off the rev limiter a few times and i hate it
hah.. when i bounce off rev limiter.. my wastegate dump(out my passanger side bumper) shoots fireballs.. and my muffler has a cool2 foot long afterburner look to it..

took the muffler off yesturday(kinda had to) 1 bracket broke.. so ive been running around with only a midpipe.. shooting fireballs and backfires like a crazy oldschool dsm.. lol getting exhaust hanger fixxed tomorrow after my clinicals
Old Oct 19, 2009, 02:03 PM
Evolved Member

oh.. *custom intake manifold being built!
no idea when it might be finished.. just that its part of my next stage of mods.. 16psi on e85 is the next stage.. (and yes, built motor, and a few other new big things) once everythings broken in, ill go up to 18psi with a much more agressive cam.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 12:00 AM
Evolved Member

friday was a bad night for me..
went to steele dragway.. on street tires ran a 13.899 my first pass.. @ 99 mph.
took some air out of my tires and ran a(2.4 60') 13.401(fastest pass to date that i remember on street tires) @ 104, crossed the finish leaving a huge smoke cloud behind me.. and i had to push it back to the stands

if i could get a good launch, i would be in the 12s for sure.. i have slicks but i havent been using them because i have new 24.5x9 fwd drag slicks ready to go on

floated a piston and crushed a plug.. luckly i had extras and cars running fine right now.. but im kinda worried about running it hard since i tecnically just stretched a rod.. o well, gladd i have my other motor sitting in my basement waiting to go in! lol.. got one event im taking the car to next weekend if i have off work.. then my car will be down and out of commision untill my next stage of modifications is complete.

o.. and i have some nice new sticky drag slicks for my new setup also.. i will see low 12s this year!

Last edited by Demon_ni2; Nov 8, 2009 at 12:03 AM.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 04:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Nice times and glad to hear its not blow (yet) got any pictures of the slicks? did they hit on anything? what rims are they on offset? And do got any info on the manifold you are making? I also am in the process of making one. Im going for 1.5'' cross secional area with a runner length of 12'' but i think space is only going to let me go with 10'' length with a 4.5'' plenum chamber 16'' long and going to put a stock evo tb on it. I should let it breath a little better in the top end but.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 05:35 PM
Evolved Member

umm.. well the 22x8x15's are perfect.. there basically a 205/50/15 fwd drag slick.. no rubbin issues at all.. but at 12-15psi, it almost causes my front bumper to touch the ground.. that size is perfect for cars runin in the 13s.
ill be upgrading to some 24.5x9x15 slicks since we got it all dialed back in.. they will more then likely rub though.. but its what your 400+hp hondas running 10s passes use.. we put them on my bosses gti, and its makin 450hp, and it hooks real good now

my new turbo manifold is a top-front mounted manifold.. all 2'' weld Ls.. collector will be 8inches long with 2 vband 44mm tial wastegates on it..
new intake manifold.. is a tubular design also, 2inch runners all 8 inches long(if i remember right, its still being thought threw) ill be useing a 75mm throttle body, and 1200cc injectors i think.. should atleast look good, no idea how my new setup is gunna turn out.. but a 16psi pass with some big slicks will give us a good place to start at.
Ill have some pictures soon. but EPM likes to keep most stuff underwraps untill its a basically finished product
goal is 12s.. and quick enough to kill my bosses 450hp gti from a roll.. lol

oh ya.. also anyone looking for a t3 turbo setup.. mine is for sale! u would be one of very few turbo lancers useing a t3/to4e, probably one of the biggest turbos that i know of being used on a lancer also..its a 60trim w/ .63 a/r .. spool time is around 3k, max boost within 300-500 rpm.. very quick spooling setup.. anyone interested shoot me a pm.. i do have a thread in the Lancer performance section..

Last edited by Demon_ni2; Nov 8, 2009 at 05:44 PM.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

very nice, with runner's that large and that short what are you planning on spinning the motor to? Sounds very good though. mine is my dd and i dont want to have to rev to 9k all the time :P and how much are they charging you for the intake manifold and are you going with the boomba TB?
Old Nov 9, 2009, 05:12 AM
Evolved Member

intake manifold factory runners are 14 inches long.. the mirage runners are 7inches long.. so 8-10 inch long 2 inch runners arent short. should flow 10x better, and ya with a boomba 75mm on it. with all the new parts(couple internal changes) the motor should be safe up to 7500rpm..and my current turbo setup, my max trq and hp is at 6k.. so that extra 1500 rpms is needed. hopefully it will scream when shes done. my cost on all my new stuff isnt what you might think, epm is my sponsor. but you know what these parts normally cost..

Last edited by Demon_ni2; Nov 9, 2009 at 05:17 AM.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 06:47 AM
Evolved Member

very nice cant wait to see it. is it going to have velocity stacks? and are the runners going to be oval or round? and you got a date when it should be done i wanna see how much a good manifold help's out the 4g94
Old Nov 9, 2009, 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

well no date is really set to be finished yet.. and it might be hard to get comparison numbers.. ill be going from a stock motor.. to a built block, but still a stock head.. and new intake and exhaust manifolds pushing more boost and different fuel.. lol hopefully by the end of next week ill be able to answer all this a little better.. but as it stands right now i got a few parts i still have to pic up first.

and will it be better? considering how restrictive our stock intake manifold is the easy answer is yes, a ported mirage IM is a good choice as a replacement, but there is still much more room for improvement over an oem piece. this intake manifold were doing will definatelly free up some more hp in our vehicles.

Last edited by Demon_ni2; Nov 9, 2009 at 01:39 PM.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

does he plan on making more then 1? For other's out there who dont like to build there own?
Old Nov 9, 2009, 08:28 PM
Evolved Member

he builds jigs for every part he builds for my car so he can reproduce anything apone request.

pricing would come compareable to the AMS VSR for evos.. custom, aint cheap
Old Nov 15, 2009, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am finally of the few, the proud, the turboed
Old Nov 16, 2009, 02:41 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As of right now I'm running 16psi on an evo 8 16G on stock internals, RPW head shim, ARP head studs, Forge Motorsports WGA, custom piping, Mishimoto 3" intercooler, RRM motor mounts, RRM X-bar, RRM crank pully, RRM SS clutchline, Walbro 255, 460cc RX-7 injectors, Greddy RS BOV, Megan Manifold with custom 4g94 flange, straight custom 2.5 inch exhaust, AEM Wideband.

NOT YET INSTALLED... Fidanze flywheel, Cluth Masters stage 4 6-puck clutch.

I built and tuned the car myself on a megasquirt II/Extra with the alpha 3.0.3e code which I also built myself. And yes, I said 16psi on stock internals, runnin E85.....
Old Nov 16, 2009, 02:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BlackOperative
As of right now I'm running 16psi on an evo 8 16G on stock internals, RPW head shim, ARP head studs, Forge Motorsports WGA, custom piping, Mishimoto 3" intercooler, RRM motor mounts, RRM X-bar, RRM crank pully, RRM SS clutchline, Walbro 255, 460cc RX-7 injectors, Greddy RS BOV, Megan Manifold with custom 4g94 flange, straight custom 2.5 inch exhaust, AEM Wideband.

NOT YET INSTALLED... Fidanze flywheel, Cluth Masters stage 4 6-puck clutch.

I built and tuned the car myself on a megasquirt II/Extra with the alpha 3.0.3e code which I also built myself. And yes, I said 16psi on stock internals, runnin E85.....
Hook it up with some 1/4 times

Quick Reply: List of Turboed Lancers