Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

02 lancer oz 16G Build

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2009, 03:06 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 03lances
Here is how mine looks, and since there is 3 ports I put my oil pressure sensor on the back one.

hey can u snap a pic at how close the o2 hosing is to the block? im working on gathering parts for my re-turbo build and going with evo turbo stuff now.

josh
Old Nov 19, 2009, 05:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sure thing I might even have one I will look when I get off work
Old Nov 19, 2009, 05:21 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

thanks. im trying to see if the evo o2 bracket will work or not, and if it dont i need to figure out clearences and make a 3d model of somethng that will work. god bless solidworks and a $40,000 piece of paper!
Old Nov 19, 2009, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
THe feed line is on it's way. But the fitting i got that goes into the turbo points straight up and the oil feed line does not have a 90 on it. I cant tell from the picture but will it be able to go in there and not hit the manifold? also to answer the one question on what o2 and downpipe to use. Use what you got. I got a 10.5 hotside but im using the megan downpipe and no idea on what the o2 is its not stock but does not say what it is.

Last edited by *02Lancer*; Nov 19, 2009 at 06:37 PM.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 08:46 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by *02Lancer*
THe feed line is on it's way. But the fitting i got that goes into the turbo points straight up and the oil feed line does not have a 90 on it. I cant tell from the picture but will it be able to go in there and not hit the manifold? also to answer the one question on what o2 and downpipe to use. Use what you got. I got a 10.5 hotside but im using the megan downpipe and no idea on what the o2 is its not stock but does not say what it is.
go to yur local autoparts sore for 90 deg adapter. i know doorman/help makes them its like a p/n 490-??? i forget the rest.

i got the evo o2 in my posessions and the dp is in the shipping process. what im looking to do is use the evo o2 and the evo o2 brace/braket that mounts to the block somewhere. but i dont know where it does or if anything is even there on th 94 engine to mount something like that.

josh
Old Nov 20, 2009, 12:24 AM
Evolved Member

Dunno if these will work or not but here is some

Old Nov 20, 2009, 12:45 AM
Evolved Member

I would get a 90 its tight I can barely fit a 3/8 drive ratchet and socket on there to tighten the banjo bolt plus the further away from the mainfold the better, dont forget to prime that guy before your intial startup

Originally Posted by JRR
go to yur local autoparts sore for 90 deg adapter. i know doorman/help makes them its like a p/n 490-??? i forget the rest.

i got the evo o2 in my posessions and the dp is in the shipping process. what im looking to do is use the evo o2 and the evo o2 brace/braket that mounts to the block somewhere. but i dont know where it does or if anything is even there on th 94 engine to mount something like that.

josh
Lemme know if you get something that will work too bad you dont live closer I would let you use mine for a template as I dont have anything securing it to something. I wonder something though, my exhuast guy cut a chunk out of my 3" DP and welded in a peice of flexpipe in between. I would bet people that didnt opt for that and had a solid DP and had a piece of flexpipe after that were more prone to busting welds on there manifolds as that would put alot more stress on that as the motor twists under torque
Old Nov 20, 2009, 06:15 AM
JRR
Evolved Member

thanks for the pics. the evo o2 to block brace/bracket looks like it would mount to the ac compressor bracket, but i guess now i just need to get the sucker and try it.

and what side were you looking for for the 90? i cant remember and i got my 16g6 sitting here with me at work since ive been working on it little here and there.

josh
Old Nov 21, 2009, 04:43 AM
Evolved Member

On the turbo side i didnt know if i had to have it or not. Did that bracket work or are you still waiting on it?
Old Nov 21, 2009, 09:36 AM
JRR
Evolved Member

On the turbo side i didnt know if i had to have it or not. Did that bracket work or are you still waiting on it?
idk about the bracket yet. it looks like it will work, but i have to get it first and try it. thru mitsubishiparts.net its like 15 bux when i checked last nite.

josh
Old Nov 21, 2009, 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by JRR
idk about the bracket yet. it looks like it will work, but i have to get it first and try it. thru mitsubishiparts.net its like 15 bux when i checked last nite.

josh
I can't respond to he sale topic, how much for your maf sensor!!! really interested maybe we can do a trade out I own an electronics store!
Old Nov 21, 2009, 10:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JRR

josh
oh yeah is that an evo maf sensor? I hope its not stock
Old Nov 21, 2009, 11:10 AM
Evolved Member

Ok im just going to order one that way i know it will work. Also I finally helped make my front solid motor mount. I welded some plate metal on each side of the mount. Then to fix the fact that the hole in the mount is 5/8 inch and the bolt that is stock is way to small I drilled out the end peace and now have a massive 5/8 inch bolt for my frount mount. And the motor does not move at all front to rear. :P
Old Nov 21, 2009, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

ok so i just want to know my 4g94 runs 9.5 compression, how much pounds of boost can I run on my car without blowing it up. And I plan on doing the pistons and rods in the car. I would like to race around 20-24 pounds myaber higher if it can handle it, and drive with5-10 pounds
Old Nov 21, 2009, 03:22 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by steven121
I can't respond to he sale topic, how much for your maf sensor!!! really interested maybe we can do a trade out I own an electronics store!
Originally Posted by steven121
oh yeah is that an evo maf sensor? I hope its not stock
its the stock oz rally maf (605). i have the 501 (eclipse)on my car now and looking at a 399 (evo). senate has a thread here on how to swap out yur maf. if yur intersted just pm me.

josh

Quick Reply: 02 lancer oz 16G Build