Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

02 lancer oz 16G Build

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2009, 09:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
very nice do you got any dyno numbers? everyone who is boosted since you have been boosted what has the best hp mod that you have done.
Old Nov 28, 2009, 08:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
02 housings

I have a td05hr 9.8T 16g, I need to know should I stick with the stock housing, or get the 304 stainless steel 02 housing?

also will the stainless steel fit on that kind of turbo? need to know before I buy next week
Old Nov 28, 2009, 09:32 AM
JRR
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by steven121
I have a td05hr 9.8T 16g, I need to know should I stick with the stock housing, or get the 304 stainless steel 02 housing?

also will the stainless steel fit on that kind of turbo? need to know before I buy next week
any evo o2 housing will fit both 9.8 and 10.5 hotsides. they use the same bolt pattern. the only difference is a little bit in flow and looks abviously.

josh
Old Nov 28, 2009, 11:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JRR
any evo o2 housing will fit both 9.8 and 10.5 hotsides. they use the same bolt pattern. the only difference is a little bit in flow and looks abviously.

josh
I just heard the stainless was better just because the stock one holds back some of the exhaust, thanks!
Old Nov 28, 2009, 07:22 PM
Evolving Member

The stainless housings are better because they use larger runners to join the turbo to the dp. However, on a car only making 200whp, you really wont see any gain since you are barely making the turbo work and flow isnt an issue. Same reason why pushed 16g's see more power with the wastegate dump instead of recirculated
Old Nov 29, 2009, 12:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cincy
The stainless housings are better because they use larger runners to join the turbo to the dp. However, on a car only making 200whp, you really wont see any gain since you are barely making the turbo work and flow isnt an issue. Same reason why pushed 16g's see more power with the wastegate dump instead of recirculated
my turbo has a wastegate dump, but im glad you told me that, becuase next week I need to buy the o2 housing, and possibly the downpipe if my budget allows me to. What kind of downpipe would you recommend? I was thinking the mega racing downpipe, will that fit directly to the exhaust or do I need a cat or steel pipe to connect to the exhaust?
Old Nov 29, 2009, 09:30 AM
JRR
Evolved Member

check my sig for what evo parts fit our lancers. there is a good list of things there. but yes it will fit.
Old Nov 29, 2009, 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

Yah the fit and as for needing anything else idk im also going to be using megan's 3'' test pipe. But you could probably get a 3'' to what ever size exhaust you have reducer. But you will be able to get it to work.
Old Nov 29, 2009, 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thats what I have is a 3" DP works great. One thing though, my DP was solid (ie no flexpipe) So keep in mind if you get one like mine you will want the exhaust shop to cut out a section of the dp and weld in some flexpipe for safety. Otherwise you run higher risk of breaking something when the motor flexes under the extra torque you will be hitting
Old Nov 29, 2009, 03:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 03lances
Thats what I have is a 3" DP works great. One thing though, my DP was solid (ie no flexpipe) So keep in mind if you get one like mine you will want the exhaust shop to cut out a section of the dp and weld in some flexpipe for safety. Otherwise you run higher risk of breaking something when the motor flexes under the extra torque you will be hitting
ok tell me where you got your downpipe, and flex pipe thats probably what im going to have to do. Also I have a magnaflow straight pipe ehxaust wii that affect anything its welded to the connector under the engine where the exhaust is held at.
Old Nov 29, 2009, 04:58 PM
Evolved Member

The megan racing dp already has the flexpipe built into it. And for the the magnaflow your local exhaust shop should be able to relocate it to right after the dp.
Old Nov 29, 2009, 04:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by *02Lancer*
very nice do you got any dyno numbers? everyone who is boosted since you have been boosted what has the best hp mod that you have done.
honestly.. to break it down for everyone
boost is the best mod for our cars.. after that....

addition items once boosted that will make the biggest difference is MORE BOOST and less restrictive flow. increased head flow and exhaust is the beginning steps,(ie cams, port n polished head, larger o2 dump and exhaust, better flowing manifold also) all help, but more boost is really the only thing that will show big advantages in power..

then u gotta look at the long term effects, u will have to build the motor to support more boost, or more power..

if you want to just help your track times.. try slicks! i dropped 7 tenths in my 1/4 mile time with just using 22x8x15 FWD drag slicks..(there basically same size as 205/50/15)

Last edited by Demon_ni2; Nov 29, 2009 at 05:03 PM.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 01:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Demon_ni2
honestly.. to break it down for everyone
boost is the best mod for our cars.. after that....

addition items once boosted that will make the biggest difference is MORE BOOST and less restrictive flow. increased head flow and exhaust is the beginning steps,(ie cams, port n polished head, larger o2 dump and exhaust, better flowing manifold also) all help, but more boost is really the only thing that will show big advantages in power..

then u gotta look at the long term effects, u will have to build the motor to support more boost, or more power..

if you want to just help your track times.. try slicks! i dropped 7 tenths in my 1/4 mile time with just using 22x8x15 FWD drag slicks..(there basically same size as 205/50/15)
I agree, I just want the boost to push my car to at least 275 whp nothing more after that hopefully in may I can get all my stuff so I will be ready for my local car clubs
Old Nov 30, 2009, 04:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by *02Lancer*
The megan racing dp already has the flexpipe built into it. And for the the magnaflow your local exhaust shop should be able to relocate it to right after the dp.
where do you get the megan downpipe with flex pipe? I can't find the one your talking about with a flex pipe.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 04:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by steven121
I agree, I just want the boost to push my car to at least 275 whp nothing more after that hopefully in may I can get all my stuff so I will be ready for my local car clubs
275 is a reasonable goal.. pistons and rods will be required and maybe a little machine work to the head for better flow.. u would more then likely be looking to push 16-18psi to achieve that goal.

Quick Reply: 02 lancer oz 16G Build