Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

02 lancer oz 16G Build

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2009, 03:01 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/7549710-post230.html

my pipes really dont connect anywhere they just kinda hang there but then again i have the injen evo 8/9 pipes, not oem mitsu ones.

this is how i did mine. bov connects from the intake tube to the upper/charge pipe coming from the ic. you lower pipe connects from your jpipe from the turbo to the ic. the ic mounts on the 2 outer bolt holes from those stupid roller things, and tada you have an ic system on your car.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 07:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Are you manual or auto? i dont know if it matter's. But anyway with a manual evo 8/9 intercooler/ intercooler piping should bolt right up. Also got my 501 maf in today. Still waiting on fans radiator.
Old Dec 13, 2009, 11:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by *02Lancer*
Are you manual or auto? i dont know if it matter's. But anyway with a manual evo 8/9 intercooler/ intercooler piping should bolt right up. Also got my 501 maf in today. Still waiting on fans radiator.
I have a manual, do I need to do any radiator work to fit the turbo once the intercooler is installed?
Old Dec 13, 2009, 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by steven121
I have a manual, do I need to do any radiator work to fit the turbo once the intercooler is installed?
no you dont at all. u have plenty of space infront of the radiator where the crash bar is to fit a intercooler.
Old Dec 13, 2009, 12:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The LICP (one coming off turbo) will bolt up to the front, the UICP will be held there just by the tension of the hoses. You will not need any radiator work. Although I might end up shifting my rad over some since the hose rests on the header
Old Dec 13, 2009, 07:15 PM
Evolved Member

No radiator work is needed I'm just switching mine over. 1 so it wont heat soak as much but that is not a problem with anone else so nothing major there. 2 weight reduction (main reason) 3 for the room and for looks.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 02:51 PM
Evolved Member

sweet thanks guys I was hoping I wouldn't have to buy slim fans to put in the front of my radiator.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 06:42 AM
Evolved Member

sweet thanks guys I was hoping I wouldn't have to buy slim fans to put in the front of my radiator.
The slim fan replacement was more of an issue with turbo fitment, not intercooler pipes. Make sure your turbo will clear between the manifold and the OEM fans. The OEM fan shroud is pretty large. I had to take a dremel to mine and cut it in half and then put a slim fan on the front. If i hadnt, the turbo would have been resting on the plastic shroud
Old Dec 15, 2009, 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

Well i got the honda radiator in late last night and it looks pretty good. Though i thought i would loose some weight doing this i think i picked some up. Turns out my new radiator holds more fluid. O well got plenty of room for turbo now! And it looks nice.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

hey I need help on the intercoolering piping, can anyone take pics or give me a list on which ones I need I ave the lower piping that connect to the intercooler but I don't know which ones I need for upper? Also for the BOV where does that connect to on the piping for the intercooler or does it? Can anyone take very detailed pics on there setup for a evo 8 turbo with wastegate actautor? Thanks
Old Jan 8, 2010, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

I cannot take detailed pictures because i dont have a turbo on my car yet but. Im using stock evo lower intercooler piping and is 2 pieces. And can be bought on here very cheap. And The bov is is comming of of the cold side piping and the rec. goes to the intake tube behind the maf leading to the turbo. Hope that help's. Maybe someone else can post there pic. And as for my build i got everything but injecter's and the intake tube and 2 gaskets and wideband!!! It should be going onto the car monday the 25 if all goes well and the part's i order get to me on time.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 08:07 PM
Evolved Member

So Tuesday night at 11:30 we started putting the kit on and at 6:00 am we were driving the car. The install was very easy and the biggest problem was we lost the rtv for the oil pan gasket so we had to use blue instead of the grey. The car runs good at idle and before I hit boost. But once I hit boost damn lol I go slower I have massive boost leaks. ( I didn’t have a wideband so I borrowed it from a new friend on the condition that I help him with his install. (HONDA ep3) He has and eBay kit..... They have worked on that install for over 2 weeks now and I have been helping off and on it just sucks. But anyway don’t buy a universal kit and think it will be and easy install. < is the point. Then my other friends Honda blew up so we did and ls vtec swap the next 2 night had to take a massive drive to get parts. And then finally slept most of today.) So I can finally start fixing my car. I checked all the clamps and couplers I think the leak is in the intake or TB area I can hear air in that area but I don’t know if the 4g93 intake sounds this way or not can anyone confirm. I will be replacing both gaskets tomorrow as long as it's not raining. But it sounds awesome. I can hear it start to spool then I know it’s time to shift lol. I have one question though today I was under the hood and I could hear the turbo spinning is that common? But hey im boosted!!!!
Old Jan 23, 2010, 08:13 PM
Evolving Member

Is your intake oem or after market?
Old Jan 23, 2010, 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

Its aftermarket its a mixture of piping that i had laying around.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 09:22 PM
Evolved Member

Just ordered my HID's and my Megan racing High flow cat! I like the sound of open downpipe but it drives the old people nuts lol

Quick Reply: 02 lancer oz 16G Build