Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

Advanced Turbo Element Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2003, 08:25 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Me? The fuel pump definitely isn't maxed. Honestly I think the problem may be with the injectors. I'll find out for sure when my RC Engineering injectors come and once I can rebuild me engine. There's NO way a 255lph Walbro is maxed at 5psi of boost on a Lancer. Honestly I don't think the FMU really helped either. I just think the injectors were causing a problem that went undiagnosed. Though they were bench tested I suspect they're having problems when they're actually in the car. I can't think of any other logical explaination. My Defi-Link gauges are coming to day (thanks to Gruppe-S being a bunch of great guys and sending it 2 day Fedex without my even asking). Unfortunately it won't matter much since my car isn't running.

Rather than adding a second fuel rail, most people just put another injector in the manifold or intake piping because it's plenty to compensate. E-manage can handle that duty easily.
Old Nov 24, 2003, 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

I haven't seen the single injector added, but makes plenty of sense. I was only thinking your fuel pump may be maxed out because I thought you had concerns that your fuel pressure was dropping off at the high boost (as you weren't getting the fuel needed at max correction).

I'll be interested to hear what happens with the new injectors. It'll have to be a hell of a relief for you if you get all the fuel issues ironed out! I'm sure the bill on the car is adding up a good bit with all the parts here and there!

Good luck!
Old Nov 24, 2003, 10:58 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

motojoeusa has an additional injector. It's fairly common on SC'd domestics too.

My fuel pressure concerns were purely guesses. In fact we had no concrete evidence that was causing the lack of fuel up top, and since the FMU didn't help I highly doubt that was the problem.

When I get the motor rebuilt I'm sure I'll have plenty to share though I'll probably be running NA and close to stock for some time.

EDIT: Welp, my injectors came yesterday. Juuuust in time.

Last edited by HobieKopek; Nov 25, 2003 at 12:12 PM.