Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

T28 Turbo Build

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2010, 08:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by link62
i made a boost leak tester from home depot using the black rubber plumbings and i filled my system to 10 psi and had no leaks
+1 on the home depot couplings. They wont hold up to like 12+ psi, but when i was running 7psi they were fine without any issues. In fact they made my custom intercooler plumbing soooo much easier haha. They're not a GREAT solution, but they do work, and thats all that matters.

Also jumping into the 16g vs t28 vs t3/4, etc discussion......anything over 230-250whp is just dick swinging and really isnt about a daily driver anymore. 90% of people on this board want to turbo their car for a quick fun grocery getter so really all you need is something that spools quick, and holds steady. the 16g is more then reliable when it comes to that department. Anyone who in their right mind sets out to get 300+ hp out of a lancer is really just trying to one up the last guy. Its a lancer. Its not AWD, its not built to be 300+hp capable, so you really have to go to great lengths to get it there, and even greater lengths to get it there reliably. And at the end of the day, a 230-250whp car is just as percievably quick on the butt dyno as a 300hp car or even a 350hp car.

Like one of the other posters mentioned. Straight line racing is a thing of the past. HP and upper rpms are no longer "in". Its all about having a well rounded, torque'y, well handling everyday car. And that can be had at 230whp easily.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 12:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Sicktght311
+1 on the home depot couplings. They wont hold up to like 12+ psi, but when i was running 7psi they were fine without any issues. In fact they made my custom intercooler plumbing soooo much easier haha. They're not a GREAT solution, but they do work, and thats all that matters.

Also jumping into the 16g vs t28 vs t3/4, etc discussion......anything over 230-250whp is just dick swinging and really isnt about a daily driver anymore. 90% of people on this board want to turbo their car for a quick fun grocery getter so really all you need is something that spools quick, and holds steady. the 16g is more then reliable when it comes to that department. Anyone who in their right mind sets out to get 300+ hp out of a lancer is really just trying to one up the last guy. Its a lancer. Its not AWD, its not built to be 300+hp capable, so you really have to go to great lengths to get it there, and even greater lengths to get it there reliably. And at the end of the day, a 230-250whp car is just as percievably quick on the butt dyno as a 300hp car or even a 350hp car.

Like one of the other posters mentioned. Straight line racing is a thing of the past. HP and upper rpms are no longer "in". Its all about having a well rounded, torque'y, well handling everyday car. And that can be had at 230whp easily.

I agree! I want to run my car at 200HP as my daily driver, but if I ever want to race people at my car clubs I go to I want to push for 250-275Hp but how often will that be? But if you want to race it won't be a daily driver, but its your choice man were just giving you opinions, I'm learning just like you and I read almost all of these forums and copying down information. The way to go is what Sicktght311 just explained
Old Jan 5, 2010, 07:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by steven121
I agree! I want to run my car at 200HP as my daily driver, but if I ever want to race people at my car clubs I go to I want to push for 250-275Hp but how often will that be? But if you want to race it won't be a daily driver, but its your choice man were just giving you opinions, I'm learning just like you and I read almost all of these forums and copying down information. The way to go is what Sicktght311 just explained
Keep in mind, i was liberal in my post above too. 230whp is still not average for a regular ole' turbo'd lancer. A standard 7psi kit will put you in the 200-210 whp range max. BUmping that up to around 9psi with a rock solid tune will put you around 220-230, but you're maxing out around 10psi on stock internals with the lancer. So i'd say if you have a REALLY good tune, and you only really use it as a daily driver and dont beat on it, 230whp is about as high as you'll get. You WILL NOT reach 250-275whp without built internals.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Sicktght311
Keep in mind, i was liberal in my post above too. 230whp is still not average for a regular ole' turbo'd lancer. A standard 7psi kit will put you in the 200-210 whp range max. BUmping that up to around 9psi with a rock solid tune will put you around 220-230, but you're maxing out around 10psi on stock internals with the lancer. So i'd say if you have a REALLY good tune, and you only really use it as a daily driver and dont beat on it, 230whp is about as high as you'll get. You WILL NOT reach 250-275whp without built internals.

yeah I know bro I was going to do that later this year probably around Dec, but my turbo comes first in May but yeah i gotcha man
Old Jan 22, 2010, 11:37 AM
Evolving Member

WOW Demon calm down your going to hurt some feelings!

I think it all depends on the person and what are their options. To bring the argument to a close, just get a big turbo if you want to blow past some v8 (for example) or if you want a decent hp at a good budget with reliable parts, the 16g is a great way to go. I like both ways, but it depends on the person. Here are some Q's to ask yourself.

What can I afford?
What will fit my life style?
At what point is their a risk over reliability? (meaning what is race proven or being used with good results, meeting my standards or will help me reach my goal)
What are my goals?
Where can I get useful information? EVOLUTIONM.NET (hint)

REMEMBER HAVE FUN WITH YOUR BUILD, AT THE END OF THE DAY WE ARE ALL ONE BIG MITSU FAMILY