Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

A little help for a newbie

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2010, 01:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A little help for a newbie

Hey, listen, i'm sure you pros here on the forums are just gonna tell me to browse through the topics and try to find ideas, but i've tried that already, and not with much success. I don't know a ton about cars, but i'm trying to learn more. I just need some straight up answers please!

What type of after market upgrades can i do to get more hp outta my stock 09 lancer ES engine (besides an intake and an exhaust)? So, what other things can i do to see some significant hp increase with out getting a turbo?
Old Feb 9, 2010, 01:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Newbie001
So, what other things can i do to see some significant hp increase with out getting a turbo?
impossible with a lancer, sir

or you could get get a tune/flash, I believe right now that is the most hp available for the lancers, especially for the money.

Last edited by yitzac1990; Feb 9, 2010 at 01:57 PM.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 11:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Newbie001
Hey, listen, i'm sure you pros here on the forums are just gonna tell me to browse through the topics and try to find ideas, but i've tried that already, and not with much success. I don't know a ton about cars, but i'm trying to learn more. I just need some straight up answers please!

What type of after market upgrades can i do to get more hp outta my stock 09 lancer ES engine (besides an intake and an exhaust)? So, what other things can i do to see some significant hp increase with out getting a turbo?
Yitz is somewhat right, if you want any kind of HP gain you have to use intake, header, or turbo ect. And i dont think you can do a "all motor" setup like honda's, you probley can but you would probely spend the about the price of a turbo kit, ehh maybe half.
Now you have the 4B11 motor here are some options:
TO GET MAJOR HP GAIN
1. Buy the new RalliArt turbo kit, direct fit, not sure about the Evo 10 kit
2. Custom Turbo Kit
3. RRM Turbo Kit(witch i have and love)
TO GET SIGNIFICANT GAIN
1. Intake, Header, Eghaust, Next Stage Power Pro, Pully, and Piggy Back (all from RRM)
2. All motor setup with slightly upgrade custom made pistons and rods, and then tune(heard these ecu's are a pain to tune)
Sadly to say to you have spend money to gain hp with these cars.
Now dont get me worng these cars are great, i have a 09gts (4B12) with the RRM turbo kit on it and love it and hauls a$$ too. It just the mayjor companies are focus on the EVO's like always and dont even look at the other models untill years later.
Well i hope this helped just PM or just post if you more questions. And if any thinks i am worng feel free to correct me, these are just my thoughts and what i know.

Last edited by 09_Lancer_GTS; Feb 9, 2010 at 11:06 PM.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 03:18 AM
Evolving Member

If you had a 2.4 liter like the guy above me you could probably make some decent power staying NA/All motor. You'd be making power in the high hundreds if you bought literally every thing RRM has pertaining to NA. If you went a little further with some high compression pistons and a more aggressive cam and tune, you could probably get over 200whp, but just barely. With turbo however you'd skyrocket past the 200 mark with say RRM's set up and have the potential to go much further than NA ever could in the 4B12.

Sadly though, the fact of the matter is that you have a 09 es, meaning you have the anemic 4b11 sitting in your engine bay. You could throw almost any imaginable NA mod at it and may never see the 200whp mark. If you want power, turbo is really the only way to go. Someone had there car dynoed with the 4B11 and RRM's kit and made 212, thats what you'd be looking at if you did the same.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 04:47 AM

Thanks for all the feedback guys, it's appreciated. I was just curious on how much i could do w/ out getting a turbo, but looks like that's the next step.

Last edited by Newbie001; Feb 10, 2010 at 04:55 AM.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 08:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 09_Lancer_GTS
(heard these ecu's are a pain to tune)
lol theyre not a pain, whered you hear that?? when my car got tuned I asked how it was and he said no problems at all....he was surprised that no one else had gotten a tune anywhere in the states haha as far as we knew, i was the first lancer to get a custom dyno tune, instead of a piggyback or flash....
Old Feb 10, 2010, 09:14 AM
Evolving Member

you'll never see 200 hp with N/A bolt ons. maybe the 4b12 with everything. For sure not the 4b11

Turbo or nothing. I learned the hard way, buying all these parts "hoping" they'd quench my thirst for decent power. Notice i didnt want A LOT of power...just some. So i sold my N/A aftermarket parts and went Tur-bow. I r lovin' it

almost 100 extra pounds of torque. can't complain