Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

custom turbo build

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2010, 03:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
custom turbo build

all my friends tell me that i shouldnt buy the rrm turbo kit cuz i can build one for half of the 4k so im wanting to find a list of all the things i will need can some one help please ?
Old Mar 28, 2010, 03:50 PM
Evolved Member

If you don't know what you need than you shouldn't attempt it.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 04:13 PM

thats not what i asked ive never boosted a car thats why im asking cuz if i can do it for cheaper ill do it this way i want to compare
Old Mar 28, 2010, 06:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
your friends are right, it would be a lot cheaper to do it yourself. but MasterAK is right too, if you dont know what you even need to turbo a car, you shouldn't DIY

if youre seriously interested, I may be selling my turbo kit for the right price. PM me if you want more info.

also, use periods, its easier to read man!
Old May 3, 2010, 11:29 AM

that brings up another question...has anyone DIY a turbo build from scratch for the 08 gts?
Old May 3, 2010, 01:44 PM
Evolved Member

^^ yes sir

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/la...-complete.html
Old May 4, 2010, 10:54 AM

nice
Old May 4, 2010, 02:45 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah there pretty much are only two choices to go for...RRM kit or Custom. This doesn't apply to just the 08 Lancers, but 4G94 Lancers and 4G69 Lancer Ralliarts as well. It's just that with the 08s being so new, not many people have taken any chances with going custom because no one is entirely sure of the limits of the motor or what works best. That's why at the moment there are more build threads about the RRM kit than Custom jobs, but that will probably change in the future. So yeah, if you have no idea what you are doing or don't have friends who know what they are doing, then go for the RRM kit or don't go turbo at all. You have to pay to play. However I still believe the custom route to be a more cost effective to take, but you must know what you are doing.
Old May 4, 2010, 10:58 PM

yea. i was seriously considering dropping a custom setup...not gonna be my first. i just wanted to see what other folks have done.
Old May 5, 2010, 06:41 PM
Evolving Member

Damnit yitz, just put it back on your car already. How do you not miss that power and sound?
I've considered doing a custom setup with RA parts, but i'm not confident the cvt would handle it. And no one (myself included) has the ***** to do a turbo set up on cvts, at least that im aware of on these boards.
Old May 5, 2010, 06:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Bawb3
Damnit yitz, just put it back on your car already. How do you not miss that power and sound?
I've considered doing a custom setup with RA parts, but i'm not confident the cvt would handle it. And no one (myself included) has the ***** to do a turbo set up on cvts, at least that im aware of on these boards.
lol.....

this past semester ive been gathering literally thousands of dollars of new parts to put it back on. it is going on either tomorrow or friday and will be better than ever

also, im going electric cutout right after the downpipe this time instead of full exhaust. can you say loud as ****?!?!
Old May 5, 2010, 06:58 PM
Evolving Member

Haha didn't realize how old this thread was, I thought you were trying to sell the kit again. 3 hours of sleep FTW. What all are you adding to the build?
Old May 5, 2010, 07:05 PM
Evolved Member

the list is long haha off the top of my head i can remember AEM UEGO, Prosport oil press. gauge, QTP cutout, header wrap on manifold and downpipe, new gaskets, freshly rebuilt, cleaned, and balanced turbo, relocated my BOV a little bit, new MBC, new -10an SS braided oil return system, and a bunch of other stuff......
Old May 5, 2010, 07:12 PM
Evolved Member

and also new oil pan with -10an male bung welded in ready for the oil return. there are a lot of little things too, like new hardware, oil drain flange set up for -10an, etc., etc......there are so many things, but dont worry, there will be PLENTY of pictures when I actually go on and install it
Old May 5, 2010, 08:00 PM

awesome^^. im planning my build on a CVT. I've been talking to some folks over in the Philippines - they've been pushing the CVT with 14psi boost.

Quick Reply: custom turbo build