Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.
View Poll Results: Supercharge or Turbo
Supercharge
36.74%
Turbo
63.26%
Voters: 362. You may not vote on this poll

Supercharge or Turbo

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2004, 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ya RRM is amazing, i sent a PM to ROCK this morning before i left for school, i checked my PM's 3rd period and i already have a rsponse, it was that fast, it took ripp like 2 days.
Old May 8, 2004, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by b_tapper
You'll soon learn no matter how right you are...you're still wrong at this place. I've given up arguing my point because no matter what, I'm wrong. All of their knowledge comes from magazines. Me and a few other people that know what's going on read these posts for comic value only.

Don't even get me started on the whole SC w/ IC, I know there are few threads with me arguing that it is possible to do that.

Guess the problem is, these kids just get all their info from super street and scc
whoever would argue the whole sc w/ic (or known as an aftercooler for sc) needs to do some reaserch. when air (or anything for that matter... bend a piece of plastic lots and then feel it, it will be warmer then it was before, this is because you are compressing the side to which you are bending)) is compressed it creates energy, this comes out as heat. and heat=not so good. so it only makes sence to have an aftercooler with a super charger to cool the hot compressed air to make cold compressed air, which is more dence. the only thing with a supercharger is that you dont have hot exhaust to further heat the compressing air... thats my $0.02
Old May 8, 2004, 02:47 PM
Evolved Member

RIPP Mods - im pretty sure their kit comes with an Intercooler/AfterCooler for there system, im to lazy to double check, but i guess since they have one out, it is impossible
Old May 8, 2004, 02:57 PM

yeah the RIPP kit comes with their methanol injection cooling system... which sprays a condensed amount of methanol into the air fuel mixture and helps cool everything and let you push 9psi on stock internals.
Old May 8, 2004, 05:02 PM

another way to do it... get a computer that can run another injector and cycle it to spray water into the mix... i know this sounds dumb, but it works (they did it on the aircraft in WW2, because of the junk gas they had, they need to rase the octane, although this doesnt rase the octane, it works by cooling the valves and cylinder walls to prevent pre-ignition) so there is a new idea for yah you could run more boost and its free (well the water ne wayz)
Old Jun 1, 2004, 02:03 PM
Account Disabled

I believe that u should choose a supercharger or turbocharger depending on how you drive. If your drag racing go with the supercharger because top end is limited. If you enjoy spirited driving on the highways go with the turbocharger. I personally would want a turbo. I love having the throttle wide open on the highways and watching the needle just climb to higher and higher speeds.
Old Jun 1, 2004, 04:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Spiderman
I believe that u should choose a supercharger or turbocharger depending on how you drive. If your drag racing go with the supercharger because top end is limited. If you enjoy spirited driving on the highways go with the turbocharger. I personally would want a turbo. I love having the throttle wide open on the highways and watching the needle just climb to higher and higher speeds.
What the hell are you talking about?This post makes absolutely no sense what so ever and is pointless.
Old Jun 13, 2004, 12:50 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm glad someone else said that as i was dying to! My feelings are 6cyl are pretty equal in terms of SC or turbo. V8's or bigger really benefit more from SC's than turbo's in my experience. 4cyl are better off turbo'd than SC as the parasitic loss is to great on them. My .02!
Old Jun 13, 2004, 06:57 PM
Evolved Member

I agree with Boe
Old Jun 14, 2004, 11:03 AM
EvoM Guru

It's pretty simple and most everyone knows it... some people just prefer one over the other for whatever reason. All that really matters is the owner's/buyer's contentment with the product. For me i don't want to get pulled on because my powerband is to short and my low end is being eaten up!
Old Jun 15, 2004, 12:25 AM
Evolving Member

Neither..get this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ayphotohosting
Old Jun 15, 2004, 07:41 AM
EvoM Guru

That is the best thing i've seen yet!! I can't believe someone thought of that! Honda guys should be all over that!!

Good find MC... that trully made my morning.
Old Jun 15, 2004, 07:51 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah Boe..think how sweet that would look with the hood OPEN!!!
Old Jun 15, 2004, 07:58 AM
EvoM Guru

SICK!!!
Old Jun 15, 2004, 10:23 AM
Account Disabled

boe ..i agree yu should get that for your car....just when they think that your car doesnt have *****...downshift on their *** and let them see your tails...i know id feel stupid...if i got pulled on like that

Quick Reply: Supercharge or Turbo