Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

Evolution fuel rail for 4G94?

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2010, 06:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evolution fuel rail for 4G94?

Hello all. I am sorry for asking such a basic question, but I could not find an answer when I searched. Is it possible to use an evolution fuel rail on our engines? I am getting ready to install my turbo kit and was thinking about upgrading the fuel rail when I do the installation. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Zack
Old May 6, 2010, 07:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by zbailey129
Hello all. I am sorry for asking such a basic question, but I could not find an answer when I searched. Is it possible to use an evolution fuel rail on our engines? I am getting ready to install my turbo kit and was thinking about upgrading the fuel rail when I do the installation. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Zack
Doesn't fit. The runners are wider on the 4G6x engines compared to the 4G9x engines. Your best best is to pickup an RRM bored fuel rail or one of their magnum fuel rails (if you can find one used).
Old May 6, 2010, 07:52 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the help. I do appreciate it.
Old May 9, 2010, 10:35 AM
Evolving Member

what do you need a bigger fuel rail for? our stock fuel rails are proven to support over 400hp. its an unnecessary mod.
Old May 9, 2010, 02:58 PM
Evolving Member

an integra ls fuel rail fits and allows for an aem or similar style fuel pressure regulator without all the headaches ....
Old May 9, 2010, 03:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by turbolancer02
an integra ls fuel rail fits and allows for an aem or similar style fuel pressure regulator without all the headaches ....
Can you please add some more detail to this statement? Fits as in the ports line up? What about mounting? A B-series engine has it's fuel feed on the passenger side and return on the driver side - opposite of the 4G94 Lancer. This is the first I have heard of this.

Last edited by senate6268; May 9, 2010 at 03:36 PM.
Old May 9, 2010, 04:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
if your trying to deliver more fuel to your engine bro, you could just get your fuel rail bored out besides trying to swap other fuel rails and hope it fits.

Also wanted to add? Do you plan on pushing more than 400 hp? If not I would just stay stock but if you want a better fuel rail I would probably bore it out you will save more money doing that then buying one from rrm. Or if someone is selling one on here then do that. But it depends on your preference.

Last edited by steven121; May 9, 2010 at 04:17 PM.
Old May 9, 2010, 04:41 PM
Evolving Member

the rail is a direct bolt on as far as Ive researched , the ports line up and the mounting spots do as well , though you may need spacers or longer bolts ...the aem fpr for the integra also fits the lancer fuel rail you just need a fatter o-ring otherwise its a direct swap , Im running one myself for now

the bored fuel rail is not even worth it tbh it has actually been a hinderance to some turbo guys , nor is really adapting anything else , just swap on an aem integra style regulator for the 1:1 boost pressure raise and be done with it
Old May 9, 2010, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

the rail is a direct bolt on as far as Ive researched , the ports line up and the mounting spots do as well , though you may need spacers or longer bolts ...the aem fpr for the integra also fits the lancer fuel rail you just need a fatter o-ring otherwise its a direct swap , Im running one myself for now

the bored fuel rail is not even worth it tbh it has actually been a hinderance to some turbo guys , nor is really adapting anything else , just swap on an aem integra style regulator for the 1:1 boost pressure raise and be done with it
Whats his cost vs just buying an rrm one? I heard of some guys boring out thier fuel rails on here and not having any problems but they might be running higher boost probably around 8-10 pounds
Old May 9, 2010, 06:52 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by steven121
Whats his cost vs just buying an rrm one? I heard of some guys boring out thier fuel rails on here and not having any problems but they might be running higher boost probably around 8-10 pounds
15psi here with an rrm bored rail....
Old May 9, 2010, 07:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JRR
15psi here with an rrm bored rail....

lol 15 pounds thanks josh, bro just get you fuel rail bored out or an rrm one. Or whatever you like.
Old May 9, 2010, 07:58 PM
Evolved Member

Sorry, but I don't see the fuel rail bolting up easily (or at all). The B-series fuel rail is mounted in reverse of the Lancers. The feed is on the passenger side and the FPR/return line is on the driver side. The B-series fuel rail mounts are in the rear of the rail, just like the Lancers. However, when you swap the fuel rail around 180 degrees the mounts are now in the front of the rail and won't line up.

As for the B-series FPR, I can confirm that this does fit, as you have stated. I've been running an AEM B-series FPR for about 4 years now without issue.
Old May 10, 2010, 08:19 AM
Evolving Member

got billet rails for 4g94

Old May 10, 2010, 08:25 AM
Evolving Member

Do you have a web site for this? What is the price?
Old May 11, 2010, 03:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by senate6268
Can you please add some more detail to this statement? Fits as in the ports line up? What about mounting? A B-series engine has it's fuel feed on the passenger side and return on the driver side - opposite of the 4G94 Lancer. This is the first I have heard of this.
B18c1 (integra gs-r) Fuel rails actually dont match up perfectly, BUT they are close enough to work without any leaks being formed. THIS WAS MY ORIGONAL IDEA..
BUT, bolting it on is a problem, the bolt holes dont line up so u have to rig it up..
The lines being reversed on a honda doesnt change anything(its just -AN fitting on the inlet and return), u would have to switch to an -AN style line anyways, doesnt matter which way the fuel feeds.. and its a small 2 foot -8 -10 or -12 line u would need, and then a -AN to barb fitting for the return..

That was my origonal idea to go with, but i ended up going with the evo fuel rail and much larger setup. D and B series rails can work, but u got to rig it a little bit, and im sure there is a cheaper/bettter option.

ANYONE wanting to go with e85 or Q16 will NEED a MUCH larger fuel rail/lines if u want to push more then 18psi! (garenteed) our fuel setup isnt efficent enough, and a bore'd out or magnum rail might not cut it either.. but not many people are pushing there setups beyond the factory fueling capabilities

CUSTOM MADE -12an big bore Rails can be made fairly cheap, 150-200$, but thats including ALL the TOOLS you need to make it. and you can even purchase the hardware for mounting it properly. just get to lookin for the parts to do it yourself

Last edited by Demon_ni2; May 11, 2010 at 03:19 PM.

Quick Reply: Evolution fuel rail for 4G94?