Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

tdo4hl-15g turbo

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2010, 06:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tdo4hl-15g turbo

i got a tdo4hl-15g turbo off of a 96 Volvo would it be any good to run on a 03 lancer es
Old May 27, 2010, 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
What you have to understand is, can you find a manifold that will match the foot print of that turbo.

When you can answer that question my son, you may be ready to partake in this journey we like to call turbo charging....
Old May 28, 2010, 07:20 AM

do you know of any sites that sell a manifold for that turbo
Old May 28, 2010, 03:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
You're not understanding. If YOU can't figure out the answer to THAT question then its blatantly obvious you haven't done any research for a project of this magnitude. Meaning youre not even going in the right direction, meaning you shouldnt even be thinking about this now. Put the dusty turbo down and walk away.

This isnt a project someone can just talk you through saying its gonna be ok. I could go on explaining why you dont even need to be considering this but Im not.

My final remark to you is to use the search button and stickies. Not being mean or flaming; just keeping it 100%
Old May 28, 2010, 05:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by chope045
do you know of any sites that sell a manifold for that turbo
Originally Posted by Green_Bandit
You're not understanding. If YOU can't figure out the answer to THAT question then its blatantly obvious you haven't done any research for a project of this magnitude. Meaning youre not even going in the right direction, meaning you shouldnt even be thinking about this now. Put the dusty turbo down and walk away.

This isnt a project someone can just talk you through saying its gonna be ok. I could go on explaining why you dont even need to be considering this but Im not.

My final remark to you is to use the search button and stickies. Not being mean or flaming; just keeping it 100%
+1, bro when I first came on here about a year ago I asked the samething and everyones response was RESEARCH you just dont pick out a turbo and ask will this work. here are some links to do your homework, by the time you read every thread on here you will understand exactly why we say the same thing RESEARCH!!!

02 Lancer ES Turbo Project
03 lancer es Evo 8 build
Yet another thread about Turboing a 03 lancer
this is what happens when i get bored!
My New build thread..

Just read the Forced induction page usually something pops up all the time, once you read every forum and you dont understand parts of it then we will help you out. Were not being rude but we all went through it in the beginning this can be the difference between a passion "this is something you want to do and money doesnt mean a thing becuase you love working on your car" or an investment and by investment which means "your consistently spending money either on a broken part or an engine", and trust me when you make a decision on turbocharging be prepared for what I just said because anything can and will happen...

Last edited by steven121; May 28, 2010 at 05:16 PM.
Old May 28, 2010, 06:33 PM

ive done research and am working with what i have. i know i sound like a noob but all im trying to find out is what other people have done that works
Old May 28, 2010, 06:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
ive done research and am working with what i have. i know i sound like a noob but all im trying to find out is what other people have done that works
You can put a turbo off of a semi tractor on your car if you want, but no one is going to have a manifold for such application. If you are going with something that is not common, then you most likely will have to get it fabricated.
Old May 28, 2010, 06:44 PM

it looks like im probably gona have to go that rout unless i can find another turbo for a fairly good price
Old May 28, 2010, 06:49 PM
Evolved Member

bro if you did your research to be honest you would have know what some people have used in this site, I can pretty much tell you what everyone has used here and its a pretty common used turbo... If you can answer the question you asked about using your turbo and getting a manifold then we will help you man
Old May 28, 2010, 06:56 PM
Evolving Member

If you're serious about this turbo, buy the flange and have it welded on to whatever manifold the lancer guys run. It's not hard, you just haven't searched.
Old May 28, 2010, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by steven121
bro if you did your research to be honest you would have know what some people have used in this site, I can pretty much tell you what everyone has used here and its a pretty common used turbo... If you can answer the question you asked about using your turbo and getting a manifold then we will help you man
the answer is a 16g
im new to this site and havent searched much on here but read alot of info from other sites
Old May 28, 2010, 08:20 PM
Evolved Member

the answer is a 16g
im new to this site and havent searched much on here but read alot of info from other sites

ok just making sure, any turbo will fit on our cars like was said before you need a manifold to hold the turbo, if your running that kind of turbo you need a flange welded on to connect to the turbo, and a flange welded to the part that connects to the engine. and thats pretty much it did this help
Old May 28, 2010, 08:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That and a custom downpipe to match up.
Old May 28, 2010, 08:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the answer is a 16g
Bingo, as everyone else has already pointed out you can use anything you want but the trade off is cost + blood and sweat (or just cost if your paying someone to do it ) That volvo turbo will work but you will for sure have to have a mani made I guarentee no company makes a manifold to mount a volvo turbo to a economical mitsubishi that few turbo in the first place. IMO sell that turbo and find a good low mileage 16g. There is a reason people use these turbos, there are plenty of them at reasonable prices, you can use many other used evo parts in conjuction with the 16g which helps to bring costs down and reliability up since your using factory OEM mistubishi parts. Not to mention this site is THE #1 site for info on a build like this.

So there you go my 2 cents on the matter, what works? 16g hands down works beautifully, I know first hand just look in my sig
Old May 29, 2010, 03:57 AM

so prity much i should ditch the tdo4 and find a 16g

Quick Reply: tdo4hl-15g turbo