Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

Demon_ni2 - the "Offical" Build Thread - the no holds bar build -[8UR EVO]-

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2010, 08:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by JRR
now the only thing i can think of is.......

will that tiny ic be able to flow the amount of boost through it that i know yur gonna push with it?

congrats on getting 'er running tho....

josh
lol.. yes it will be fine... and its really not tiny at all. much larger then what most 10-12s hondas use

i had something else to say.. but it seems to sound sexual in nature nomatter which way i say it.. It will not stay to long.. water>air will be soon to come.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
SWEET!!!! that is going to be sick once you get it running on the track!!!
Old Sep 26, 2010, 08:53 PM
Evolved Member

if i have enough time to mess with it tomorrow.. ill take another video of it idling without it trying to die. But i got a lot of things on my list to do.. nothing major.. just so many things that require me takin the car back apart.. plus i have to clean my driveway.. it has gotten to messy to do anything
Old Sep 27, 2010, 09:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It sounds really nice. I like the headlights/grill as well.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

ya. i kinda like the headlights. but im going to strip them and redo them.. it was to humid/wet outside the night before last..so it needs to be redone.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 11:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Haha dude that's awesome! Even better is that from the drivers side, it just looks like a somewhat modified lancer with factory panels and rims. Bet people will underestimate this thing alot haha.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 12:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Alchem1st
Haha dude that's awesome! Even better is that from the drivers side, it just looks like a somewhat modified lancer with factory panels and rims. Bet people will underestimate this thing alot haha.
ya it always has been the sleeper on the street.. downside is that its kinda loud.. LOL
Old Sep 27, 2010, 12:14 PM
Evolved Member

I am not working on the car today. i have my list of things i need to do now before we can go any further with tuning. ill have it idling fine tomorrow hopefully.

today.. im cleaning.. room is almost done.. basement is almost done.. now im about to head outside and clean my super messy driveway from the past few days of non-stop workin.. lol

We are hopeing to have all the small issues worked out by this weekend.. so maybe some more later this week.. but as u can see everything is put together.. just a few small issues need to be worked out. plus lots of cleaning.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 06:57 PM
Evolved Member

took me 12 hours to clean the driveway/bedroom and do my laundry. but my house is back in order.. the past 4-5 non stop days of working on the car, going to school, and working has come to an end.. Ive got some help coming over tomorrow to help me work on the car a little.. Goal is to Keep the house and the car clean. once we finish with getting it running.. then ill really start to clean the engine bay. and maken it all pretty..
Old Sep 27, 2010, 08:37 PM
Evolved Member

yea i wanna see pics of the engine bay now that its done
Old Sep 28, 2010, 08:30 PM
Evolved Member

haha.. well.. i worked on the car a little today.. i was going to take some pictures.. but i ended up not doing that. and its to late now.. since the last time i posted pics of engine bay it hasnt really changed much at all.. Once its running.. ill take it somewhere for some really nice pictures with one of my friends..
Hopefully this friday/saturday ill make the car driveable/tunable gotta wait for payday im poor. LOL

Im just messing with a few of the small issues im having that need to be addressed.. tomorrow ill work on my water leak issue.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 07:25 PM
Evolved Member

Quick update:
Car is idling beautifully now.

But i still have 1 major issue thats holding me back from tuning. ill be focusing all my efforts on it tomorrow, if i cant fix it.. ill be calling my buddy to come help me pull the head off it to further diagnos the issue and correct it.
might have a headgasket issue or a bad valve. car was maken a weird noise. but it wasnt consistant at all so we were pretty sure it wasnt a valve.. but . today it got consistant at idle, butnot with raising the rpm, but then completely dissapeared and the car starting acting normal.. Im hoping the headgasket just wasnt sealed properly, but there is no telling. ill be working on it tomororw to see if i can further correct any issues.

Everything is 'Done'.. as long as my heads not messed up.. just needs a tune

Last edited by Demon_ni2; Oct 1, 2010 at 07:34 PM.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 07:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Demon_ni2
Quick update:
Car is idling beautifully now.

But i still have 1 major issue thats holding me back from tuning. ill be focusing all my efforts on it tomorrow, if i cant fix it.. ill be calling my buddy to come help me pull the head off it to further diagnos the issue and correct it.
might have a headgasket issue or a bad valve. car was maken a weird noise. but it wasnt consistant at all so we were pretty sure it wasnt a valve.. but . today it got consistant at idle, butnot with raising the rpm, but then completely dissapeared and the car starting acting normal.. Im hoping the headgasket just wasnt sealed properly, but there is no telling. ill be working on it tomororw to see if i can further correct any issues.

Everything is 'Done'.. as long as my heads not messed up.. just needs a tune
Let me know how this goes cause this sounds exactly like what my car is doing.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 12:43 PM
Evolved Member

you sir are mad
damn this thing is beastly
Old Oct 2, 2010, 06:05 PM
Evolved Member

ok.. Everything seems good now. drove it down my street and back. little bit of a misfire at about 2700 rpm, but im pretty sure thats from way to much fuel and needs to be tuned out.
the smoking issue was being caused from a few things. im getting a little oil swampage(being that the car was sitting on a hill im sure that doesnt help at all, so need to do something about my oil return line. just donno what else yet.. another cause from the oil smoke was way to much oil in the car. after first start i should have drained more then i did was well over a quart overfull, adding to my oil swampage issue... i think its just under full now since i drained a bunch out..

Car idled for about 30mins today. and drove down the street and back. (not far at all. maybe 200yards, didnt want to have an issue and not be able to get back since the car isnt tuned at all. just the injectors have been scaled to about the right settings so it will idle)

no leaks at all right now. lookin like its time for some tuning and figuring what else is wrong with the car

Only issue that i can think of on my mind is the water system not building much pressure.. after my drive down the street and back it did seem to have some pressure in the system. but definately not enough still, so im keepin an eye on my water.. ive tried burpin it a few times, hasnt seemed to work yet.

Last edited by Demon_ni2; Oct 2, 2010 at 08:28 PM.

Quick Reply: Demon_ni2 - the "Offical" Build Thread - the no holds bar build -[8UR EVO]-