Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

Demon_ni2 - the "Offical" Build Thread - the no holds bar build -[8UR EVO]-

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2010, 04:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This is an absolute amazing motor build. Good lord. I'll be checking in on this.

I'm doing the same thing your doing, but with a 2.4 liter, and manual transmission. The motor is built and ready to be dropped in the car, but i'm using a small turbo to break it in, before I upgrade to the gt35r. (also need to upgrade the ecu) Alot of lag, but i want it to be a horsepower monster.

this build is awesome. Now you might have mentioned it, but i only did a 10 minute scan of most of the posts. I have a huge question for you. What you are doing ECU wise, and fuel wise.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 05:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
factory ecu will be surfice for tuning for now.
it has a walbro double pumper. pte 1200cc injectors. and all custom -8an lines now from the tank. it will only see e85 for fuel for now.

once the car is actually rolling around enough to call it running again.. ill be redoing the lines to go to a small fuel cell and dropping the oem tank all together. and going to a v1000 inline.
tuning is all being done by touringbubble. there will be some issues with tuning with the factory ecu but nothing that should hinder it from making as much power as possible..

the correct part ive been waiting on will arrive tomorrow morning finally.. i ordered the wrong thing, and then shipping took forever on the correct part.. hopefully that will get me all fixxed up so we can get back to tuning.

Last edited by Demon_ni2; Oct 11, 2010 at 05:59 PM.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 09:06 PM
Evolved Member

got the correct oil restrictor in today.. but nothings changed.. didnt have much time to work on it. so hopefully tomorrow ill have some things worked out. rather irritated right now with the whole situation. its just to dark to do any work, my neighbors would kill me if i ran the car this late at night.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 07:34 PM
Evolved Member

woohoo.. pretty excited.. issues all seem to be worked out.. had some good ideas on what i needed to do and it was all right.. anyways..

Tuning and doing as much as possible saturday morning... driving up to nashvile with the car in tow, and Import Alliance is Sunday.. and ill be there !

so if ur coming.. just look for the loud *** lancer with the 8UR EVO tag on it.

Ive been cleaning most the evening.. ill post some pics..

Last edited by Demon_ni2; Oct 13, 2010 at 07:40 PM.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

pics from today...

i cleaned more after these pics, neighbor gave me some really awsome chemicals, so it looks even better now..
Old Oct 13, 2010, 08:15 PM
Evolved Member

doubt ill put any more pictures or videos up till this weekends over.. Ill do what i can to record us while were tuning and of coarse of the trip up to nashville for Import Alliance.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
good luck man
Old Oct 14, 2010, 04:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Demon_ni2
doubt ill put any more pictures or videos up till this weekends over.. Ill do what i can to record us while were tuning and of coarse of the trip up to nashville for Import Alliance.
and where is this import alliance?
Old Oct 14, 2010, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

nashville tn
Old Oct 15, 2010, 12:18 AM
Evolved Member

hmmm I might consider going but im really not sure yet... I would love to see this car
Old Oct 15, 2010, 10:40 PM
Evolved Member

Im headed up there today!

Got a few SMALL issues to work out. and then TouringBubble is going to try to dial my car in a little better.. But for the most part.. the car is cleaned and ready to go.

Im leaving Bham for nashville around 4pm.. its about a 3 hour drive(well 4, since im towing my car)

I have had nothing but issues the past 2 days, frantically fixxing things. hopeing tomorrow morning goes well with tuning.. nothing productive really happened today other then fixxing problems

My car will be at the show. hopefully no other major issues will arise
Old Oct 16, 2010, 12:35 AM
Evolved Member

ya im probably not going to be able to, I live in texas and thats going to be like a 10 hour ride or so
Old Oct 16, 2010, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

Ok.. Last night and this morning we were tuning.. Got good news and bad..

Good news is its running great.....
bad news.. its only running great till about 4k... Its running out of fuel.. and overheats after only a few minutes

so now im looking for a double pumper setup.. seriously.. 12psi on e85, and im not pushing enough fuel.. LOL.. also have issues that need to be addressed about overheating

so does that make me the first "Double Pumper Lancer"?

crossover into boost is around 2800, and really starts to climb around 4k.... so my 4-6k powerband has alot of umfff to it
nothing WOT still.... But i can tell ya that the partial pulls up the rpm feel great!

Last edited by Noize; Nov 3, 2010 at 07:31 PM.
Old Oct 16, 2010, 02:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Demon_ni2
Ok.. Last night and this morning we were tuning.. Got good news and bad..

Good news is its running great.....
bad news.. its only running great till about 4k... Its running out of fuel..

so now im looking for a double pumper setup.. seriously.. 12psi on e85, and im not pushing enough fuel.. LOL..

so does that make me the first "Double Pumper Lancer"?

crossover into boost is around 2800, and really starts to climb around 4k.... so my 4-6k powerband has alot of umfff to it

lol.. ill be dickin around on the streets tonight in nashville.. but nothing WOT still.... But i can tell ya that the partial pulls up the rpm feel great!
I guess so, im one of the first lancers running modified injectors from what roadspike told me and around 10 psi my injectors are doing 40-60% which is really good
Old Oct 17, 2010, 09:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am pretty new to the site, however I am far from new in the Lancer scene itself. That being said I absolutely love your setup! I have been following this thread for quite sometime, before I was even a member might I add, and just can't believe the setup. I won't invest anymore in the not so great 4g94, however you have done something I couldn't have dreamed of, or even thought possible.

Any who, from the looks of all the pictures I have looked at over and over, not in person so can't help to much of course, but it looks like the manifold problem could be a decently simple fix. From pictures it looks like you could move the front wastegate mount to the side or downwards, like the other wastegate, leaving the entire front end capable of mounting a radiator to it. That is just from the looks of it from the angles I can see.

Good luck on completely getting all of your bugs worked out! I can't wait to see this monster in person one day!

Quick Reply: Demon_ni2 - the "Offical" Build Thread - the no holds bar build -[8UR EVO]-