Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

Demon_ni2 - the "Offical" Build Thread - the no holds bar build -[8UR EVO]-

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2010, 03:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice job looking good , I wish I could find a shop that does nice welding , hey how does that boomba hold boost , I have read about aftermarket throttle bodys leaking boost threw the shaft seals.... oh and maybe you want to clean up that isc stuff on the body jmfab sells a block off plate.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 04:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by darkmitsu
oh and maybe you want to clean up that isc stuff on the body jmfab sells a block off plate.
what do u mean isc stuff? (assumed u ment misc stuff)
just still not sure what ur talking about.. i for the most part have removed and filled all the little holes and extra pins that arent needed, about as clean as it can get.. the firewall i havent really dont much with because it should be out of sight.. the top few bolts that stick out i should be using to mount stuff on..

what misc' stuff are you refurring to! (i wanna know, cuz i might do whatever u suggest)

Suppose to be picking up the motor friday or monday, if that happens. motor will be installed this weekend, and then i can go ahead and get this bad boy running by the end of next week. really nothing left for me to do that related to getting it running.. oil and fuel lines are the only thing thats left to do.. and thats by no means a hard task.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

update on the motor.. will be picking it up tuesday.. gasket set that was suppose to come in today that they needed to finish didnt come in.. local dealer said it would be delivered monday morning to them and my guys would have it finished before they close on monday. so ill get it tuesday.. probably install it tuesday also LOL.. just gotta wait and see.. might be able to get it running by next weekend still..

gunna talk to my boy chuck and see if he is gunna do my seats for me or not.. once the motors in, it might make a short trip back to EPM for them to help me finish a couple small odds and ends..

1400 in all for the machine work and assembly. ready to crank. thats vac dec honed knife edged balanced port n polished new valves and full assembled.. (but i did have all my own parts)

Last edited by Demon_ni2; Jun 25, 2010 at 06:38 PM.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 06:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking very good!
Old Jun 26, 2010, 10:33 PM
Evolved Member

went to the track today (1/8th mile track)..
was talkin to my buddy about turbos.. and made it offical that everyone knew what iwas using.... my buddy has a t3/67 turbo integra doing 10.1 1/4 mile passesss.. were both pretty much surtain that the car will be insane..
tonight was the big 1/8th mile track night near me.. think his best tonight was 6.91..

but anyways.. anyone saying i wont spool.. your just not very smart... nuff said.. 75lbs mind turbos spool at 4k rpm on factory 1.8L motors.. im sure il be fine with a 30 shot ... will 100% garentree my trans will NOT last at all.. but hopefully ill get 1 or 2 real passes in before it goes, just to better my best time on a 100% stock AUTOMATIC trans with over 120k miles on it

Last edited by Demon_ni2; Nov 3, 2010 at 08:30 PM. Reason: edited, spelling, and bad words
Old Jun 27, 2010, 09:18 AM
Evolved Member

small change.. my rpw stage 2 cam just changed.. now its a rpw stage 3 cam and rpw springs.. still going to go bigger just not for breakin period. gotta love it when u have a bunch of lancer buddies with parts they are not using or want to get rid of.
should still be picking the motor up tuesday, just need to take the cam over so they can install it before i actually bring the motor home.
Old Jun 27, 2010, 01:02 PM
Evolving Member

You are building great car. I can not wait to see the end product. Where did you find the ACL bearings? I am in the middle of my engine build and would like to use some quality bearings. Any part numbers or information you could provide would be great.
Thanks,
Zack
Old Jun 27, 2010, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

bearings i think were - 4B8050A-STD ... Mains were... 5M9507-STD as well..
i might be wrong. i jsut dont have all the boxxes in front of me.. those should both be the right item numbers for 4g94 motors
Old Jun 27, 2010, 01:32 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the help. I just ordered both. Good luck with the build and keep the pictures coming.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 05:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hows the twinscroll project coming along
Old Jun 29, 2010, 06:03 PM
Evolved Member

coming along pretty well.. at a stopping point right now.. waitin for my engine builder to finish. had to pull the bearings and fight with ordering different ones because they didnt get what we had discussed., and got held up with the wrong gasket kit on friday. should all be starghtened away now, the wrong gasket kit was delivered twice. hopefully friday ill be bringing home the motor to install it.. shoudlnt take but a good long weekend to get it ready to run.. but theres a few things that need to me modified still that i cant even begin to workon till everything is finished..

got my fuel line fittings today.. need to make one run by SECO for a few fittings, but other then that, all i gotta do is hook everything up... just waitin for the motor to be in now. gunna have to completely redo my intercooling piping.. and make some brackets to mount the radiator. and thats its.. really only 5/6 main things left to do.

(install motor, rehook up all accessories, run fuel/oil lines, make radiator brackets, redo intercooling)

all 1 step at a time..
hoping to have the car at import alliance by the 17th, but no telling on if ill be able to do that or not. i can only hope for the best, cant rush things when they have to be done right the first times.. no f ups
Old Jul 3, 2010, 01:45 PM
Evolved Member

another unexspected issue.. wrong engine gasket kit was delivered.. we found out last friday when my bilder started to reassemble everything.. local dealer sent wrong kit.. TWICE! i had to call felpro directly to get the correct kit sent.. sometimes locals are retarded.. but i got it taken care of after a week of 'i think i can get it' crap going on. hopefully ill have motor home on wednesday. Will more then likely not be at import alliance in my car.. but it is still what im fighting to get get finished for.
Old Jul 3, 2010, 02:47 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Demon_ni2
another unexspected issue.. wrong engine gasket kit was delivered.. we found out last friday when my bilder started to reassemble everything.. local dealer sent wrong kit.. TWICE! i had to call felpro directly to get the correct kit sent.. sometimes locals are retarded.. but i got it taken care of after a week of 'i think i can get it' crap going on. hopefully ill have motor home on wednesday. Will more then likely not be at import alliance in my car.. but it is still what im fighting to get get finished for.
A little off topic but if you can't get your car running you're welcome to come up here and then ride in the Evo up there. Or is that against your code being "Evokilla" and all?

P.S.: There = Import Alliance
Old Jul 12, 2010, 03:46 PM
Evolved Member

you done yet?
Old Jul 12, 2010, 04:15 PM
Evolved Member

dude.. seriously im gettting annoyed.. waiting on the motor.. its fully assembled, but with no gaskets in it other then the headgasket.. waitin gon the engine gasket kit to arrive from felpro..
wrong one was ordered, that was fixxed, then the wrong one was delivered. that was addressed, and now its been over a week and the correct one hasnt arrived yet.. not terribly worried.. everything else is ready to go. just need the motor and 1 full days worth of labor time, and it will be running. i even have all the bolts lined up and ready to hook everything back up..

have 8 or so locals thats are waiting for me to tell them to come over also. so we can get it running asap.. just one last real hold up. need to make a run to my parts store still.. but thats about it.. i need oil, and some braided 8an line and 4an line.. and shes good to go..

edit* friday 7/16/2010
motor will be home monday night or tuesday morning. finally the right gasket kit came in.

Last edited by Demon_ni2; Jul 16, 2010 at 04:05 PM.

Quick Reply: Demon_ni2 - the "Offical" Build Thread - the no holds bar build -[8UR EVO]-