Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

Demon_ni2 - the "Offical" Build Thread - the no holds bar build -[8UR EVO]-

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2011, 03:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
dont got either. if i can get intouch with my buddy, ill get him to bring his little one over. i hate workin at my house now.. no tools
Old Feb 3, 2011, 04:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Demon_ni2
dont got either. if i can get intouch with my buddy, ill get him to bring his little one over. i hate workin at my house now.. no tools
Bummer an air compressor would be sweet.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 04:31 PM
Evolved Member

my buddy has a 10gallon one.. ill beg him to come over tomorrow with it.
Old Feb 5, 2011, 11:07 PM
Evolved Member

lat enight update.. Apparently, i do have an issue.. Spikin to 20-25psi regularly.. wastegates r screwing up, or have always been screwed up.. will work on in the AM.. suppose to be tuning at 10am tomorrow.
Old Feb 5, 2011, 11:10 PM
Evolved Member

Oh GOD.. i think i already figured out why also.. have them hooked up wrong.. i feel like an idiot, cant really find a diagram to confirm.. but ill mess with it.. if someone sees this..

someone find a good diagram on how to hook up tial MVS wastegates.. also can the gates be T'd together into the boost source?
Old Feb 5, 2011, 11:26 PM
Evolved Member

Oh GOD.. i think i already figured out why also.. have them hooked up wrong.. i feel like an idiot, cant really find a diagram to confirm.. but ill mess with it.. if someone sees this..

someone find a good diagram on how to hook up tial MVS wastegates.. also can the gates be T'd together into the boost source?
You mean like this?

Old Feb 5, 2011, 11:29 PM
Evolved Member

no i mean of my specifiy wastegate.. I have 4 ports on the Tial MV-s wastegate.. 2 are suppose to be plugged.. (think there for water) and 1 is TO boost, and 1 is VTA (or to boost controller)

need a diagram on which is which

I Hooked it up the exact same way as i did my old Tial 38mm.. but, the normal 38 only has 2 ports and i think i still dont have it right.
Old Feb 5, 2011, 11:31 PM
Evolved Member

i tell ya.. 22psi lites up the tires in 4th EASY.. (*lol*) and shoots a nice big fireball also cuz its just tryign to climb and climb boost.
Old Feb 5, 2011, 11:42 PM
Evolved Member

no i mean of my specifiy wastegate.. I have 4 ports on the Tial MV-s wastegate.. 2 are suppose to be plugged.. (think there for water) and 1 is TO boost, and 1 is VTA (or to boost controller)

need a diagram on which is which

I Hooked it up the exact same way as i did my old Tial 38mm.. but, the normal 38 only has 2 ports and i think i still dont have it right.
Very well

Old Feb 5, 2011, 11:43 PM
Evolved Member

ya, i saw that one a minute ago.. Just trying to find one to confirm this picture..

IF this pic is right, i have it backwords... but even this guy was having issues (who posted that pic)
Old Feb 5, 2011, 11:46 PM
Evolved Member

k i give up looking.. going to bed. ill swap it in the AM and see if i spike at all. if i dont.. I should have nothing but good news from my tuning session.
Old Feb 6, 2011, 12:08 AM
Evolved Member

Checked a few threads they basically say you need all the ports except the top blocked and the bottom connected to the boost source. If you don't block the others it wont function right.
Old Feb 6, 2011, 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

OK.. I switched it all in the morning and basically did a burnout in my driveway to see how much boost it will push.. and it was Fixed.. WOOHOO

Just in time also..

Headed to my TouringBubbles place for some tuning.. and its all fixed and running great!
Im running straight off Wastegate spring rate, so im pushing 13psi.. nothing serious. but the car is much much more enjoyable now. Its all still on e85, and we didn't dyno so theirs alot more dialing in that we can do after i make my upgrades that i want to do before i go to 20psi.. we estimated 250-275 hp right now and the power band i believe is just about perfect for WOT driving.

REALLY GOOD FRKN NEWS!

Next up.. is putting in the big cam, an oil change, and more boost on dyno with TouringBubble. (that will be in a few weeks, i don't have time to work on the car right now)

Last edited by Demon_ni2; Feb 6, 2011 at 12:34 PM.
Old Feb 6, 2011, 03:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
OK.. I switched it all in the morning and basically did a burnout in my driveway to see how much boost it will push.. and it was Fixed.. WOOHOO

Just in time also..

Headed to my TouringBubbles place for some tuning.. and its all fixed and running great!
Im running straight off Wastegate spring rate, so im pushing 13psi.. nothing serious. but the car is much much more enjoyable now. Its all still on e85, and we didn't dyno so theirs alot more dialing in that we can do after i make my upgrades that i want to do before i go to 20psi.. we estimated 250-275 hp right now and the power band i believe is just about perfect for WOT driving.

REALLY GOOD FRKN NEWS!

Next up.. is putting in the big cam, an oil change, and more boost on dyno with TouringBubble. (that will be in a few weeks, i don't have time to work on the car right now)
are you talking about the cam gear or the camshafts? If so I want to buy your cam that you have on it right now...

also how long will it take you to break in a motor? mine has 600 miles on it so im just trying to figure it out before upping the boost in my new motor and doing some serious tuning
Old Feb 6, 2011, 04:23 PM
Evolved Member

well i actually mean cam gear and cam shaft.. but mainly the big cam 'shaft'

and yes i can sell u the custom stage 2. 264/268 cam i have. the 272/300 should sound nasty

Quick Reply: Demon_ni2 - the "Offical" Build Thread - the no holds bar build -[8UR EVO]-