Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

Demon_ni2 - the "Offical" Build Thread - the no holds bar build -[8UR EVO]-

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2011, 01:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
i have the OEM port on the intake manifold..

I thought about going SD; and would like to, but wasnt exactly sure whats required of wiring, and i havent looked into it much. i wouldnt do anything like boost per gear, but thought my setup would look a lot cleaner without the recirc and ugly intake.

*Pic*
Old Mar 5, 2011, 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Demon_ni2

I thought about going SD; and would like to, but wasnt exactly sure whats required of wiring, and i havent looked into it much. i wouldnt do anything like boost per gear, but thought my setup would look a lot cleaner without the recirc and ugly intake.

*Pic*
so this is for sale? kinda interested if you can work out a deal with me, didnt get my money... everything is good in life
Old Mar 5, 2011, 02:21 PM
Evolved Member

no its not for sale. its being rebuilt
Old Mar 5, 2011, 03:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

*Pic*
The only requirement is hooking an IAT sensor to the upper IC pipe and wiring the sensor to the fuel temp sensor input on the ecu. I don't know what pin that is for you o.o on your ecu.

The MDP port you can just fit an omni 4 bar right into it and it should plug in with no problems.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 11:06 PM
Evolved Member

I Bit the bullet today.. and serviced my transmission, Changed my fuel filter.. and changed out the spark plugs all on the f150 ..

i have a 5.4L triton motor in my f150. The biggest, and most pain in the *** motor to change plugs on because of how many complications there can be (2 piece plug that is natorious for breaking off into the head)
i was sweatin bullets for about 3 hours, but i got the plugs all swapped out with new ones with no issues. thanks to no help from any of my buddies, the truck is not driving almost like new again.. New tires and windshield are next on the list for it. (then a new tow hitch for the trailer ill be getting shortly)

I went by my old mechanic shop and asked about how long it would take them to swap the plugs, and both the mechanics just looked at me like i was stupid, one turned ghost white and was like. 'oh no.. not another one' and 'not on a saturday man, i hate ending my weekend on a bad note'

Anyways.. did tons of work on the truck today.. i guess. (being that i didnt wake up till 1pm, i felt like idid a lot by 7. LOL) gotta love those lazy days.

Last edited by Demon_ni2; Mar 5, 2011 at 11:10 PM.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 11:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice work! The plugs actually come out in three pieces when they break off fun stuff...I was a ford tech for 10+ years and saw the worst of the worst from people who thought maintanence was a scam apparently.

Sweet build! Can't wait to see this thing hit the track!

I've always liked building cars that were "unconventional", the look on peoples faces when you put the hurt on their "performance" ride makes it all worth it.
Old Mar 6, 2011, 09:57 AM
Evolved Member

thanks. yep thats one of the main reasons why i like my car.

hopfully if the parts come in on tuesday like i was told. ill have my new wheels n tires on the car tuesday afternoon.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 09:12 PM
Evolved Member

well.. got a bunch of stuff in today. so i started to install the extended wheel studs...
back was easy.. then once i got to the front i started to realise it wasnt something quiet that easy. nothing like a honda or evo. regardless.. I will Never recommend anyone else ever doing it because of how much of a pain it is to do it correctly. our hub doesnt come off the spindle, didnt know that till today every car ive ever worked on had a hub u could unbolt n replace easilly.. i will finish it tomorrow hopefully with a buddies help.. new bearings will be pressed in(technically should do it anyways since tht car has 130k miles on it) costing me more then i wanted to spend on it.. but its ok. i like the look

no pictures.. i was covered head to toe in grease today. didnt even bother getting a camera out.. new rims n tires will be on tomrrow(atleast on the rear). hopefully ill finish the rest tomorrow.. but theres no telling. i got class till noon, that gives me 3 hours to do everything needed to get the other side off still..

Last edited by Demon_ni2; Mar 7, 2011 at 09:15 PM.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 09:21 PM
Evolved Member

Oh.. but good news is.. i now have air tools again.. LOL... too many bolts on the suspension wouldnt break free.. so i went and bought a big compressor and a good impact.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 09:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Oh.. but good news is.. i now have air tools again.. LOL... too many bolts on the suspension wouldnt break free.. so i went and bought a big compressor and a good impact.
well I have a torque wrench nothing like some good ol fashion american muscle to pry bolts off
Old Mar 8, 2011, 06:35 AM
Evolved Member

whoever did my alignment last.. really jacked my **** up.. got a few new bolts/nuts im gunna have to install now. but a big deal. just made yesturday a complete pain in the ***

Also got a stomach bug last night.. so i havent slept..

once i actually get outa bed, ill take the passanger side off and head to the mechanic shop to get new bearings pressed in.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 06:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey Demon how much did you get the bearings for?? I gotta do them soon
Old Mar 8, 2011, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

donno yet. havent called around.. Napa/advanced normally are the cheapest.. and getting them pressed in will cost about 40$

They are a ***** to do.. so unless there bad i wouldnt doing it..
Old Mar 8, 2011, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

wow wtf.. OZ/ES 80$ each .... LS 42$ each.. oz is expensive. ;( o well
Old Mar 8, 2011, 01:38 PM
Evolved Member

rear rims on..
pics dont really show u how the car sits since the car is jacked up in the front and on jack stands.

;(

the rears stick out about an inch.. cambers r off apparently cuz 1 tire stick out 1 inch,other sticks out 1/2 inch.. I will be rolling the fenders, and throwing some more camber on the rear to help tuck the tires on the inside of the fenders.
i like how the look but since the car is on jack stands, its hard to really judge them right now.. Front are identical looking wheels, but deeper dish on them. should stick out about as far.

rims definately make it look like a race car.. lol wheelie bars r next! lol

Last edited by Demon_ni2; Mar 8, 2011 at 01:46 PM.

Quick Reply: Demon_ni2 - the "Offical" Build Thread - the no holds bar build -[8UR EVO]-