Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

Demon_ni2 - the "Offical" Build Thread - the no holds bar build -[8UR EVO]-

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2011, 07:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Old Apr 5, 2011, 07:05 PM
Evolved Member

well theres always the duct tape method
Old Apr 5, 2011, 07:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
thats next as a temp fix. lol... im poor till payday.

Oh and just cuz im finishing school on may 6th, doesnt mean im gunna have much more car time.. this summer im focusing on getting back into real shape. and probably picking up a 2nd job to help pay for some big toys. Other then MMP on May 22nd. i dont have any other real events i want to go to for racing.. not even friday night stuff... I dont have a trailer yet, so anywhere i go to tow the car is a big expense. once i get that, ill start going to the track every other weekend, cuz then its just gas money.
Coilovers r next on my buying list.. Then a water to air intercooler and icebox setup so i can do away with the big front mount intercooler.

Last edited by Demon_ni2; Apr 5, 2011 at 08:19 PM.
Old Apr 17, 2011, 07:38 PM
Evolved Member

ah. havent been home in about 12 days. when i was home for about 6 hrs on friday. i put on my intake manifold again. re hooked everything up.. fixxed 3 different fuel leaks, and got the car idling. and the car is pulling vac for the first time ever. lol.. resurfaced intake manifold and rewelded cracks. big props to the big guy who fixxed it for me. will defiantelly keep going to him for work.

ended up not taking the car to IA even though the main issue was fixxed. my buddy wanted to go to IA on saturday at noon(even though it wasnt till sunday at noon), so he came and picked me up instead of me trailering the car there in my truck. Still some things need to be addressed. ill be working on them tomorrow evening. car feels 1000x stronger now without all the leaks in the system. crappy welds giving out and warped flanges from a crappy fabricator still causing me issues. car is much healthier now.

Last edited by Demon_ni2; Apr 17, 2011 at 07:45 PM.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 08:08 PM
Evolved Member

woot woot..

Well my graduation is in 2 weeks.. May 6th.. not a big deal or car related.. but my dad will be flying intown for the weekend or whatever..

He will be installing my big 272/300 cam and cam gear for me. I got the 'im a master mechanic, i can do anything' 'i work on 600MPH aircrafts, i can do it son' responce when i asked him if he could possibly do it without any issues... he was a mastor mechanic for cars, but has been an aircraft mastor mechanic for the past 35 years, he knows to much about everything. so ill be spending some 1 on 1 time with me dad in 2 weeks getting schooled on timing and stuff like that when my car, to help me in the long run.. Timing is the one MAIN area i stay away from cuz it actaully requires u to know what your doing.

Anyways. only update i really have....
Im pulling 13-15 lbs per Hg of vac at idle.. I will be doing some leak tests asap to where the rest of my vac leaks are (i was not pulling any vac at all about a week ago)..

Im planning on being at and raceing at the IFO event in montgomery on May 22nd for the spec sponsored fwd class.. i put the dash back in with the intensions of racing in that one specific class.. hopefully ill be running 20-22psi for this event, just want this big came in and for touringbubble to retune me

Last edited by Demon_ni2; Apr 22, 2011 at 08:16 PM.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 08:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Demon_ni2
woot woot..

Well my graduation is in 2 weeks.. May 6th.. not a big deal or car related.. but my dad will be flying intown for the weekend or whatever..

He will be installing my big 272/300 cam and cam gear for me. I got the 'im a master mechanic, i can do anything' 'i work on 600MPH aircrafts, i can do it son' responce when i asked him if he could possibly do it without any issues... he was a mastor mechanic for cars, but has been an aircraft mastor mechanic for the past 35 years, he knows to much about everything. so ill be spending some 1 on 1 time with me dad in 2 weeks getting schooled on timing and stuff like that when my car, to help me in the long run.. Timing is the one MAIN area i stay away from cuz it actaully requires u to know what your doing.

Anyways. only update i really have....
Im pulling 13-15 lbs per Hg of vac at idle.. I will be doing some leak tests asap to where the rest of my vac leaks are (i was not pulling any vac at all about a week ago)..

Im planning on being at and raceing at the IFO event in montgomery on May 22nd for the spec sponsored fwd class.. i put the dash back in with the intensions of racing in that one specific class.. hopefully ill be running 20-22psi for this event, just want this big came in and for touringbubble to retune me

hey demon parts for my car shouldnt be that much so if I have any money left over im probably going to buy that cam off you.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 09:41 PM
Evolved Member

cool.. just lemme know bro. the stage 2 cam is good to go. i can take it out.. just will make my car unrunable till someone very knowledable enough is able to come get my car back to perfect

Last edited by Demon_ni2; Apr 23, 2011 at 10:00 AM.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 12:33 AM
Evolved Member

Finally.. and offically done with doubles.. no more crazy days (that arent volunteed) no more 7a to 11p days for me!!!!!

woohoo... friday is my last day of school related stuff.. 3 more days guys!
Old May 1, 2011, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
hope you're out of the path of the storms dude!
Old May 1, 2011, 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

Ya man i was...

If yall had heard.. Concord/Pleasant grove/& Pratt City all were wiped off the map..

Im 3 miles south of pratt city. (pratt city is about 1/2 mile north of Downtown Birmingham, and im about 1 mile south of birmingham. no real issues in my section of town, we got very lucky on all 3 tornados that day,they all passed by missing us by a few miles each time. all of the 11 or 13 torndaos all hit some major city.. Really sad.
Old May 6, 2011, 10:18 PM
Evolved Member

today was graduation.. went to dinner then came home and worked on the car with my dad and buddy... my dad leaves tomorrow and he promised to install my cam for me.. so we got it done actually really quick, actually learned a few things while we put it in.

We installed the big stage 4 custom turbo rpw cam 272/300 spec cam. and cam gear also and got it running. has a little more lope to the sound. but its trying to idle at 1100, think we can dial that back now that my intake leaks are fixxed...

didnt take any pictures, but can make a how-to easilly if anyone needs information.. i was worried about timing stuff, and my dad made it seem very easy.. also showed me a few tricks to make it easy.

Umm i am pulling -20 vac at like.. 2k rpm.. but only -10 at 1100.. think its cam related, i was pulling -12 to -14 with the stage 2 turbo cam. not sure.. need to leak test the car, asap. but i might not find anything..

time for a quick street tune then some dyno time to dial it in..

Last edited by Demon_ni2; May 6, 2011 at 10:20 PM.
Old May 7, 2011, 12:06 AM
Evolved Member

today was graduation.. went to dinner then came home and worked on the car with my dad and buddy... my dad leaves tomorrow and he promised to install my cam for me.. so we got it done actually really quick, actually learned a few things while we put it in.

We installed the big stage 4 custom turbo rpw cam 272/300 spec cam. and cam gear also and got it running. has a little more lope to the sound. but its trying to idle at 1100, think we can dial that back now that my intake leaks are fixxed...

didnt take any pictures, but can make a how-to easilly if anyone needs information.. i was worried about timing stuff, and my dad made it seem very easy.. also showed me a few tricks to make it easy.

Umm i am pulling -20 vac at like.. 2k rpm.. but only -10 at 1100.. think its cam related, i was pulling -12 to -14 with the stage 2 turbo cam. not sure.. need to leak test the car, asap. but i might not find anything..

sweet man, yes please type up a how to that would be awesome. Im going to try to buy your cam but I was over 400 in my budget so buying the cam might take a little longer, I just paid for my bumper today, and all i have to pay is the shop 300 and pay for my hood and I am all set to go
Old May 7, 2011, 12:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought that was common knowledge idle vacuum is cam related.

If you want to know why I'll bother explaining it but for now bigger cam durations means less idle vacuum.
Old May 7, 2011, 06:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RoadSpike
I thought that was common knowledge idle vacuum is cam related.

If you want to know why I'll bother explaining it but for now bigger cam durations means less idle vacuum.
yes i do know that roadspike. but im sure there is still a leak somewhere, the old cam never pulled more then 14vac at idle, should of been more then that..
like seriously. how many evos do u know running 280 cams pull -6 to -10 vac at idle?
Old May 7, 2011, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yes i do know that roadspike. but im sure there is still a leak somewhere, the old cam never pulled more then 14vac at idle, should of been more then that..
like seriously. how many evos do u know running 280 cams pull -6 to -10 vac at idle?
Depends on the cam but that vacuum isn't unheard of , at least -10 inhg

Here's a bunch of different cams and idle rpm's which are in the near -10 range.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ally-cams.html

Last edited by RoadSpike; May 7, 2011 at 11:51 AM.

Quick Reply: Demon_ni2 - the "Offical" Build Thread - the no holds bar build -[8UR EVO]-