Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

Demon_ni2 - the "Offical" Build Thread - the no holds bar build -[8UR EVO]-

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2011, 11:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
ya saw that this morning.
Old May 7, 2011, 03:02 PM
Evolved Member

oh my stage 2 rpw turbo cam is for sale. ill have a thread up in the for engine for sale section later this evening
Old May 11, 2011, 09:40 PM
Evolved Member

lookin like 20, maybe 24psi or more as long as i dont have any fuel or ignition issues. sunday.

figured i would run into ignition issues around 20psi, we will see..

IFO following sunday 5/22. just waitin on the champ Touringbubble to come tune me!

After IFO, (assuming i dont break) ill switch to SD at 20psi. and get back to working on the suspension and body work stuff. i have all this free time now and donno what to do with myself (other then workout)

Last edited by Demon_ni2; May 11, 2011 at 09:42 PM.
Old May 19, 2011, 10:11 PM
Evolved Member

we were off tuning today.. goal was to go for 24psi, but didnt happen.. started at 20psi and had some fueling issues; so we dialed it back to 18, but were not able to correct the issues, so we stopped after a long time of fiddleing with the ecu. if we pulled another psi or 2 to fix the issue, it would of basically just put me back to where i was, so we didnt do that tonight.

Trying to regroup and source out the fueling issue we were having so i can up the boost more. hopefully we will be back out saturday evening tuning, either to correct the fueling issue and at higher boost, or to dial it back some more to get it safe to race on sunday.
We apparently found the limits to the rom that the Automatic lancers are using.
Old May 19, 2011, 10:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Well that sux keep trying man you should ask zulu if he is having fuel issues he is pushing as much as you.
Old May 20, 2011, 05:17 AM
Evolved Member

Im not a tuner steven. TouringBubble does all that for me. we are hopin that roadspike can help us out, car is being capped at 58% duty cyle, we cant get it to go beyond that.
Old May 20, 2011, 06:57 AM
Evolved Member

Bro I never said you were a tuner not sure where that came from I meant keep trying to fix the car I know I almost gave up on fixing my lights
Old May 20, 2011, 08:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Demon_ni2
Im not a tuner steven. TouringBubble does all that for me. we are hopin that roadspike can help us out, car is being capped at 58% duty cyle, we cant get it to go beyond that.
Oh? This is the first I've heard of it.

Touring should have all the xml's from my big maps thread if your still on maf make sure you got the fuel load cap disabled by entering the code 9 into it.

If he's unsure about it have him send me your rom to my email I know he's got it.

Last edited by RoadSpike; May 20, 2011 at 09:03 AM.
Old May 20, 2011, 11:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thats weird that ur being capped i just looked at logs from a few months before we got the sd rom on the second auto tephra rom and i got idc above that
Old May 20, 2011, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RoadSpike
Oh? This is the first I've heard of it.

Touring should have all the xml's from my big maps thread if your still on maf make sure you got the fuel load cap disabled by entering the code 9 into it.

If he's unsure about it have him send me your rom to my email I know he's got it.
ya he said last night he was gunna send you an email with my logs to see if u could diagnos it.. maybe the 'code 9 thing' is related to it.. (but i donno)

Originally Posted by link62
thats weird that ur being capped i just looked at logs from a few months before we got the sd rom on the second auto tephra rom and i got idc above that
Well, ya i use to be much higher also when i had the smaller injectors also.
on the 1200 injectors, i probably will be around 60-64% duty cycle at redline at 18psi. so its not far outside of range right now, but i want to run more boost, and ecu isnt allowing it.

hopefully its something simple that we can fix, cuz we will be getting back tomorrow evening to finish it up. Its running a lot stronger, even with the tune not being finished yet.

but like i said, im not a tuner, nor do i know evoscan really well. it had touringbubble stumped, and he had figured there was something wrong with the rom or we were missing something.

Last edited by Demon_ni2; May 20, 2011 at 01:42 PM.
Old May 20, 2011, 06:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'll see what i can do about getting to the bottom of this. For now I think just lowering the scaling of the injector and bumping latencies will do. I can't look at this more fully until a disaster situation at work is resolved, we are having a SAN failure so I'll be back online hopefully after this weekend.
Old May 20, 2011, 06:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thats a pretty sick turbo setup!
Old May 20, 2011, 07:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RoadSpike
I'll see what i can do about getting to the bottom of this. For now I think just lowering the scaling of the injector and bumping latencies will do. I can't look at this more fully until a disaster situation at work is resolved, we are having a SAN failure so I'll be back online hopefully after this weekend.
san failure is no fun. glad were still on a jukebox that we dont even controll.

wishin i was able to run some real boost

Last edited by Demon_ni2; May 20, 2011 at 08:31 PM.
Old May 22, 2011, 07:29 PM
Evolved Member

anyone got an extra trans? or converter.

IFO was today. had a blast..

crappy first pass of a 12.9@112. bogged 2nd, 5k launch
super crappy 2nd pass 4k launch, bogged off the line super hard 13.8@ 90.. i let off.
3rd pass.. ***** to the wall, rev limit launch 7k = failure at line. got tons of traction and transmission let go almost instantly.

had a few people come tp to me upset, because they wanted to see me launch the car versus one of the other guys going all out. i was the #6 qualifier(of 12) off my 1st pass. but did not go to 1st round cuz of failure on 3rd round qualifier in attempts to get into top 3. O well. guy i was racing ending up being #2 qualifier, would of been a nice race to record if i didnt pop the tranny.

to blow the trans up. go with a. 7k launch at 17psi on 26'' radials and get traction traction = garenteed tranny failure.
yes, neutral slammage, ive been doing it for years, Correction, ive done it on almost every pass ever, dont suggest it, but its the only way to cut a 1.7-1.8 60' on our auto

140k miles on the trans, she finally went pop!

thought it was an axle at first, didnt believe it, but there intact, so im pretty sure the trq converter finally let go.
she is now a neutral only car, in park or gear she still rolls just fine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU4ASNblU-0

trying to source out a manual trans, but an auto will be fine also if i can get one for cheap. no rush till 2nd week of june really.

Last edited by Demon_ni2; May 22, 2011 at 09:34 PM.
Old May 23, 2011, 08:08 AM
Evolved Member

Hey demon what are you rubnubg for ignition because i get lean spikes aroun 15 pounds

Quick Reply: Demon_ni2 - the "Offical" Build Thread - the no holds bar build -[8UR EVO]-