Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

Demon_ni2 - the "Offical" Build Thread - the no holds bar build -[8UR EVO]-

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2011, 09:34 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You should get some big axels made for that thing. You are gonna bust them with power. 1-2 mm thicker axles will do the trick.

ROAD/RACE
Old Jul 19, 2011, 08:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ROCK
You should get some big axels made for that thing. You are gonna bust them with power. 1-2 mm thicker axles will do the trick.

ROAD/RACE
I'd heard so many times "oh...the mirage guys put down 450 on those axles without any issues" so apparently either Demon has bad axles or that comment was a load of bollocks. Regardless....who sells these thicker axles, road race? custom only?
Old Jul 19, 2011, 09:02 AM
Former Sponsor

They need to be made is all. There are places making axles. Just send yours as a sample and they will go from there.

ROAD/RACE
Old Jul 19, 2011, 09:17 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
drive shaft shop does custom axles for mitsu many dsm and evo guys run em and they work great.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 09:44 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by turbotime
drive shaft shop does custom axles for mitsu many dsm and evo guys run em and they work great.
I blanked out when I posted. That is the name. DRIVE SHAFT SHOP.

ROAD/RACE
Old Jul 19, 2011, 12:41 PM
Evolving Member

Amen to that Rob....i went through a set of axles....have an extra set for sale but its an oem replacement....anyone interested??

keep up the awesome work demon...great project you have...i been following your threads =)
Old Jul 19, 2011, 06:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
thanks omar..

cant seem to get that broken axle out.. passanger side came out pretty easy.. might just have to leave it connect when i pull the tranny out the top tomorrow.

rear main is definately leaking again. took the trq converter cover off.. and the bellhosing had some oil coming out .. (to much crankcase pressure)

ok... headed back outside.. more work to be attempted tonight.(off work for the next 7 days, so got some time to work on it)
Old Jul 19, 2011, 06:45 PM
Evolved Member

suns down now.. gave up.. trq converter bolts off, and 4 engine-to-tranny bolts off.. 3 left. plus the 3 bolts for the engine mount and the engine will come out.. hopefully tomorrow ill have my motor in my basement or just tucked away at the top of my driveway.

ive worked a total of about 5 hrs on the car. and motors ready to come out.. but 2 hrs of that was trying to get the wheels off, and 1 hr of that was fighting the driverside axle.. so.. moving decently fast.. 6p-8p is a small window to work on a car.

Last edited by Demon_ni2; Jul 19, 2011 at 06:47 PM.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 05:51 PM
Evolved Member

ok so.. engine and trans are out.. even opened up the trans to see if there is any debri or anything that looked damage, and there wasnt.

pulled the inner cv boot off and 3 pieces fell out..
Trq converter seems to be free floating, last time i had it off, pretty sure it didnt do that. donno if its blown of not, but its getting rebuilt to my specs regardless

pulled out the gears n clutchpacks and put them all back in, nothing seemed damaged or broken.140k mile tranny looks brand spankin new on the inside.

gunna take the tranny to a local trans shop, and let them do a rebuild on it. all new clutch packs etc etc.. also drop in a lsd if its possible. also opened up the valvebody section of the tranny, no debri in there either, all looked/seemed normal. but i will be sending that off for some upgrades also.

The axle that broke, was actually new.. maybe, 1500miles on it.. was one of those advanced autoparts axles. the OEM passanger side axle(140k miles on it) looks good.
my 4th gear wouldnt handle any power at WOT, so trq converter or clutch pack was bad.

and i proabaly only broke the axle thats why it failed.. but we checked the axle at the track and didnt seem or look broken.. but apparently thats all it was. LAME!

stupid 26''x9 slicks maken to much traction. lol..

Last edited by Demon_ni2; Jul 20, 2011 at 06:02 PM.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 07:45 PM
Evolving Member

Nice! Only a bad axle!
Old Jul 20, 2011, 07:47 PM
Evolved Member

talked it over with my dad.. apparently the only thing broke was the axle. but i still cant get that axle out.. so, donno what to do... not a biggy i guess.. but i was also having some other issues that need to be addressed because it would have led to a complete failure, tahts what ive been trying to figure out really.

Unable to go WOT in 4th gear cuz of a band/clutch slipage is no good.. cuz this cars a highway monster.

feeling good about tomorrow.. gunna start stripping and moving stuff... MIGHT drop it off at my buddies bodyshop to have them shave it.. but im leaning towards me doing it cuz i like my work better.. also gunna get a chasebays evo brake line tuck kit and hide the lines.
also adding a vacume pump for the brake booster, so no more 'no brakes' when trying to preload the chasey at the line. will allow a higher stalled launch.. going to a 5k stall trq converter. and a nice little 50shot of nitrous. doing research on new bands n clutch packs to see if i can figure out what will handle more power.. also need to figure out how to force the tranny to stay at max pressure..

car will be down for another 6 weeks i think. maybe longer.. who knows. not really worried about it.. its a bunch of changes that will make alot of difference in how the car acts at the strip.

Last edited by Demon_ni2; Jul 20, 2011 at 07:49 PM.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

I am wondering if this new axle is a crappier design then OEM.. i will be ripping apart my bad oem axle tomrrow to compare the thickness of the materials
Old Jul 21, 2011, 05:07 PM
Evolved Member

today was a lazy day.. i did work on the enginebay a little..(about an hour)

trying to figure out how to really 'shave' the engine bay properly.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

took 3 hours but i finally found the first set of parts i was looking for. in 2 weeks i should have my trq converter. and ill put everything back together slowly... trying to figure out how to force the pressure to stay at max now..

anyone have any experience with the IPT control box?
Old Jul 22, 2011, 02:50 PM
Evolved Member

working on 'shaving' my engine bay right now.. figure it will take me 3-4days.
(i dont work today or tomorrow, monday or wednesday)

passanger side is 'cleaned& base sprayed' about to start on driverside..

after that.. ill 180grit sandpaper the primer base, and go over it all with some bondo.
then 2nd layer of primer will go on. followed by a wet 600grit sanding. then a 3rd layer of primer with another 600 grit wet...

then im gunna get my buddy to come over and spray it my oem color...(I THINK)

ANY sugestions on a color? (if other then oem silver)

Last edited by Demon_ni2; Jul 22, 2011 at 03:01 PM.

Quick Reply: Demon_ni2 - the "Offical" Build Thread - the no holds bar build -[8UR EVO]-