Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

Demon_ni2 - the "Offical" Build Thread - the no holds bar build -[8UR EVO]-

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2012, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
So, why did you buy another Lancer?
Old May 26, 2012, 03:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
i said i was lookin for a new daily.. and will probably trade the truck in on it... Well i found a lancer for cheap.. runs. a/c was only questionable part.. its kinda working now.. but still need new conpressor

figured why not.. 30mpg to and from work is all im wanting really.. Im still probably gunna trade the truck in, just in on another new truck. I MAY do that on tuesday now.. been workin on the new lancer all day.

about to head to my buddies shop to get it aligned, then out to touringbubble for a little tweakin on the engine.
Old May 26, 2012, 08:41 PM
Evolved Member

no alignment and no messin with cpu tonight. maybe tomorrow.

been thinkin about the 'race car' lancer all day..

I love 30mpg in the new daily driven 160miles, still above half a tank! thats alot for just 'around town' for about 24hours.
Old May 27, 2012, 08:29 PM
Evolved Member

ok so.. little flash to the ecu tonight to help pep it up a little on the stock lancer. definately feels better. also found a donor car for the 'racecar' today. hoping that tuesday i will have all my main parts for the car.

'MIGHT' consider just dropping in a stock motor and stock evo head to get the racecar running again. so i can just build a block n swap it all later in the summer.

all kinda.. 'iffy' right now. cuz its a 'racecar' and not a fun daily.. LOL.. but running is an accomplishment over broke as crap.

Last edited by Demon_ni2; May 27, 2012 at 08:32 PM.
Old May 30, 2012, 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

silver oz 'becuase racecar' update

Drove up about 100miles and picked up a OEM style carbonfiber hood, and carbonfiber truck..

both need wet sanding and a new coat of clear, but other then that perfect.. cant complain about 80% off origonal price.. been lookin for a while. just couldnt justify 1000$ for oem replacement pieces.

Been talking to cccracing for the past month about building me a drag wing. so MAYBE here shortly i will be adding that to the list of exterrior mods im am attempting to finish..

IF ANYONE HAS carbonfiber FENDERS or front bumper.. hit me up.. looking for both.... (OEM not bodyrice)

will more then likely paint it all or wrap it all. just lookin for some pieces if there for a good price and not broken or cracked.
Old May 30, 2012, 08:35 PM
Evolved Member

Im searching for a 'wrecked' or dirt cheap manuel eclipse to strip the drivetrain from. found 2.. but both ended up being v6s so i had to pass. but i am activily looking for my new drivetrain.. (just trying to do it for cheap without just going to LKQ or some other mainstream salveage company and getting raped)

ive got like.. 4 motors at my disposal. might just grab up 2 of them. but would rather find a whole shell to get everything rolling for mock up. cuz id hate to wait 6 months for a transmission if i have motors just sitting and waiting.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 09:55 PM
Evolved Member

welp... kicking myself today.. sold the head so on my way to fedex i found what was making all the racket... stupid adjustable cam gear was all that was wrong with my motor. was at -8 degrees. and im sure it was bouncing around since it was loose..so the motors fine. its was what i origonally thought it was.. but... apparently when i looked i wasnt actually paying attention.. so i never went back and checked it again. epic fail on my part..

cars about 90% apart now. fixin to redo all my 'for sale theads' with all the parts.. but main bulk is posted.
block is now being sold as a complete shortblock. if anyone is interested.. just shoot me a pm. it will be posted with pics before the week is up. comes... built to the kilt

but anyways.. gunna go grab a 7bolt 4g64 block on friday morning. 99% sure i know where 3 are sitting. i should have the main bulk of new internals orders this weekend.. but will still be 6+weeks before its assembled im sure.

if anyone knows anyone with an evo 7 or 8 head.. im lookin for one for cheap.. i dont care if it has bent valves.. as long as no helicoils and major physical damage to combustion chambers.. want a complete head with cams and all the pieces.
ill have the head rebuilt.. to be 'new' but it will stay basically stock to save some money off the bat.

Last edited by Demon_ni2; Jul 1, 2012 at 09:59 PM.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 08:43 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This is why we suggest staying away from adjustable cam gear unless you need to change the power curve, i.e. want Rally Car type of power but your turbo is a bit larger than you would like. Then use the gear to move the torque curve. If not stay away from adjustable timing gears whenever possible.
FYI on the topic.

ROAD/RACE
Old Jul 2, 2012, 04:07 PM
Evolved Member

ya... sucks that this is what i thought was the origonal problem but it was zero'd out when i looked and never thought to check it again till last night.. not a big deal but it did push me towards doing a 2.4 4g63 fwd build.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 04:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
[QUOTE=Demon_ni2;10189191]ok so.. little flash to the ecu tonight to help pep it up a little on the stock lancer. definately feels better. QUOTE]

Can you send a screenshot of what you did for your flash? Did it affect your gas mileage any?

And what condition is the stock head you have? Just curious, got some blowby on mine, might be interested in popping on another one
Old Sep 21, 2012, 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

ya. definately not the tuner. donno what all we cheaped.. gas milage isnt any better.. averagin 22 city.(all i use that car for)
got 27 the other day with 150miles highway

i have 3 heads. all stock. all roughly 80k miles. all i can get rebuilt at my local machine shop for pretty cheap *(cuz i bring them alot of work)

just sent u a message
Old Sep 21, 2012, 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

Oh. build update.. cars completely torn down.. cars not dead.. just sitting right now.. lack of funds issues.. or overspending? lol.. i donno.. just havent done much lately. lost alot of interest a while ago. been coming back.. I expect this winter to get the car bug back. IM SO BORED. i normally do alot of car work in the cold.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 06:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cold being 50 degrees? LOL
Old Sep 21, 2012, 09:06 PM
Evolved Member

no.. Nov - feb. its anywhere from 20-50 depending on if its a 'cold front' or a 'warm front' coming through the region. feb. is normally the coldist.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 09:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I hated working in the cold. Barehands and metal tools suck in the snow LMAO

Quick Reply: Demon_ni2 - the "Offical" Build Thread - the no holds bar build -[8UR EVO]-